• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top 3 fictional characters of all time? ( not animated/cartoon)

Batiman

Banned
Supersloth
NaiveSereneAnnashummingbird-max-1mb.gif

Tremors kevin bacon
psjdgss.gif

Jaws quint
quint-jaws.gif

I don't know, they are too many.
I gotta watch tremors again. I haven’t seen it since I was a kid and barely have any memory of it

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Sharpe
Emma Woodhouse
Tyrion Lannister (from the books)

Impossible to say for sure, but there is no solid evidence for his historical existence at all.
Sharpe as in Sharpes eagles? What a great series of movies. Those movies should be cleaned up and released in HD.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sharpe as in Sharpes eagles? What a great series of movies. Those movies should be cleaned up and released in HD.

Yep, but mostly for the book character than than the TV adaptation. However, I love the TV series. Sean Bean nailed that role.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Yep, but mostly for the book character than than the TV adaptation. However, I love the TV series. Sean Bean nailed that role.
Sharpe always met a damsel, always had them fall for him....except for when he had a wife who cheated on him. and always beat up the corrupt British officer, and kicked French butt, in every film. Pete Postalwait was also a great character as Sharpe's nemesis. I have never read the books.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Hannibal Lecter - Especially as portrayed by Mads Mikkelsen, but Brian Cox and Anthony Hopkins kill the role too.

Detective Lt. Columbo - As portrayed by Peter Falk. My absolute favorite detective of all time. Columbo is in a class by himself.

Tony Soprano - As portrayed by James Gandolfini.
Wow, can't believe I didn't list Columbo. I used to have a t-shirt with him saying the classic line...
cYnfZlD.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sharpe always met a damsel, always had them fall for her....except for when he had a wife who cheated on him. and always beat up the corrupt British officer, and kicked French butt, in every film. Pete Postalwait was also a great character as Sharpe's nemesis. I have never read the books.

You should read the books. Epic reads. If you do, do them in chronological order, so start with Sharpe's Tiger.

mortal

Gold Member
Getting it down to three is very tough bth.
A few of my favorites that come to mind, in no particular order:

Neil McCauley portrayed by Robert De Niro

lLVMloD.jpg

Jean-Luc Picard (TNG) portrayed by Patrick Stewart

EOh3xzY.jpg

Tony Soprano portrayed by James Gandolfini

ivwNlxL.jpg

Officer K portrayed by Ryan Gosling

5kNWPpn.jpg

Batiman

Banned
It really is hard to pick just 3. Especially after reading through the thread now. I feel like I betrayed some of them not picking them….

Shout out to Tony Soprano, Darth Vader and Han Solo. Picking between Han and Indy was really hard. I think I have a man crush on Harrison Ford.

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

1. Corban Dallas

2. Anton Chiguhr (no country for old men) it's rare to get a villain as threatening as him.

3. Snake pliskin

RAÏSanÏa

TmpDF9q.gif
Helen Mirren as Prospera - The Tempest

XzQSKhK.png
V'ger. A profound unknown that opens the way for the beginning of the human adventure.

Azazel

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Checked out the first episode of the series out of curiosity this morning.

Sean Bean and a handful of very ugly blokes cosplaying in the woods >>>>>>>>>>> Rings of Power with its billion dollar production.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Checked out the first episode of the series out of curiosity this morning.

Sean Bean and a handful of very ugly blokes cosplaying in the woods >>>>>>>>>>> Rings of Power with its billion dollar production.
If you can find them all you should watch them all.

A young Elizabeth Hurley is unable to withstand the manliness of Sean bean in one movie. But there are great characters and actors in all of them.

Mod me bro. 😀

Rockondevil

Batman
Dr. Frank-N-Furter
Dumbledore

Very hard list to make with just 3. Other close mentions would be V, Jack Sparrow & The T-800.

Last edited:

JBat

Matrim Cauthon from The Wheel of Time (from the books not the terrible show)

Alfie Solomons from Peaky Blinders. Or other character Tom Hardy has played.

Sand Dan Glokta from Joe Abercrombie's First Law series

Last edited:
Top Bottom