• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtuber 'The Completionist' accused of running a fake charity

SpiceRacz

Jirard's response video is a fucking joke. He throws out "trust me bro" numbers and information and he basically takes minimal blame over the situation.

I'd urge anyone interested in this to take the time to watch Jobst's and Mutahar's follow-up videos. They're really long, but it's worth it. They do a great job pointing out how Jirard tries to manipulate, deflect, and take little responsibility over this whole situation. There's contradictions all over the place. The more they share of their phone conversation with Jirard, the worse this looks for him.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And that is why I don't donate to charities anymore. They all look like scam.
For people who want to donate but not sure, just donate time. Work in a soup kitchen or warehouse helping the charity with your hands. At least you can see the work youre doing is helping. If you donate money, you have no idea how much money is being used for the cause and how much is being pocketed as "administrative costs".

My company does their share of charity stuff, but its mostly us signing up to do stuff for an afternoon or the company donates skids of product. If the place ends up selling the products for cash to fund the service or are scammers banking it go ahead as it's more of a hassle.

If you still want to donate money, just do some research and look out for yourself. Look for quality charities who use a high % of funds to their cause and get a receipt for tax writeoffs (assuming it's a registered and qualifying charity).

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Man, he's so stupid. I imagine it's hard to think when under such circumstances but accepting invitation to that call and opening his mouth basically made the whole situation impossible to salvage.

He should just take the L, shut the fuck up, pay the money (+ interests) and beg for forgiveness.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Wait till you hear about Karl vs Billy Mitchell. It's like this, except 100x more entertaining.
Well, at least this Completionist drama has some levity to it. I don't think that a boomer who cheated in arcade games 30 years ago is really that important in the grand scheme of things and it's basically just YouTube drama that only serves to boost Karl's own career.

Last edited:

E-Cat

Well, at least this Completionist drama has some levity to it. I don't think that a boomer who cheated in arcade games 30 years ago is really that important in the grand scheme of things and it's basically just YouTube drama that only serves to boost Karl's own career.
Important? No. Entertaining? Yes. Billy is such a narcissist, it's beyond belief -- and will ultimately be his undoing. He's also suing Karl for hundreds of thousands of dollars, so he has a vested interest in exposing him in every way possible.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
He's just donated $600k to dementia research, I think he deserves a few victory laps.
He did it? Good on him. Only took him 10 years to do it.

Did he also donate all the interest gains that goes with funds sitting in the bank account? Or did he pocket the difference?

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

JDygGpB.jpg

SnapShot

I was starting to wonder where his videos disappeared, sad to see this happening I enjoyed his completionist videos

Dr_Ifto

Isn’t it illegal to record audio without consent?
That and most of these chat programs let's all the people.know its being recorded if recorded from within the app.

I think only a handful of states do not allow itnin the US and Karl is in Aus so he isn't subject to US laws.

Top Bottom