• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Fj0823

Didn't the developers say if the game performed well they would look into getting tag duels in the game?

If anything, the success should give up a kickass sequel

what worries me is that this game might just be popular now thanks to nostalgia, a sequel with more recent stuff isn't going to get people who only wanted to clash good ol Dark Magician and Blue Eyes

Unless this game sold them on the game as a whole I can easily see the sequel going the way of millenium duels

That's kind of the reason I like to see so many returning players adapting to the game, the new mechanics and giving some of the newer series a chance.

I mean even I don't think another ~$20 are worth the Pendulum/Xyz hybrids and Red Eyes support

Miracle

If anything, the success should give up a kickass sequel

what worries me is that this game might just be popular now thanks to nostalgia, a sequel with more recent stuff isn't going to get people who only wanted to clash good ol Dark Magician and Blue Eyes

Unless this game sold them on the game as a whole I can easily see the sequel going the way of millenium duels

That's kind of the reason I like to see so many returning players adapting to the game, the new mechanics and giving some of the newer series a chance.

I mean even I don't think another ~$20 are worth the Pendulum/Xyz hybrids and Red Eyes support

Well if they do make a new sequel, they can still include more Nostalgia.

For example, the Orichalcos arc (the best arc in all of Yugioh and none of you heathens can prove otherwise! :p) isn't in this game so they can make that.

As well as even add a whole different mode like Anime Duels. Basically, cards that don't exist in real life and only from the anime can be used for some interesting duelist challenges or make story mode even more exciting. (Like Underworld Circle, the other two layer Orichalcos cards, that OP as hell field spell card from that tournament arc) I believe YGOPRO has this mode right?

As well as having a "heart of the cards" mechanic in that mode that makes you draw the card you need to bail you out of a certain situation or win you the duel (although I'm no programmer so I'm not sure how they could implement it correctly).

I'm not sure how realistic this is but I think that would make the game so much more fun and makes it that much more replayable.

Fj0823

Well if they do make a new sequel, they can still include more Nostalgia.

For example, the Orichalcos arc (the best arc in all of Yugioh and none of you heathens can prove otherwise! :p) isn't in this game so they can make that.

As well as even add a whole different mode like Anime Duels. Basically, cards that don't exist in real life and only from the anime can be used for some interesting duelist challenges or make story mode even more exciting. (Like Underworld Circle, the other two layer Orichalcos cards, that OP as hell field spell card from that tournament arc) I believe YGOPRO has this mode right?

As well as having a "heart of the cards" mechanic in that mode that makes you draw the card you need to bail you out of a certain situation or win you the duel (although I'm no programmer so I'm not sure how they could implement it correctly).

I'm not sure how realistic this is but I think that would make the game so much more fun and makes it that much more replayable.

We had a Destiny Draw mechanic in some games. It sucked.

Miracle

We had a Destiny Draw mechanic in some games. It sucked.

Just looked it up. It..doesn't sound so bad on paper I think. 0_o Marking cards as a Destiny Draw before hand. Although I never played the game so I never seen how it was done in execution.

I was thinking for a hypothetical anime mode, they could make it where you draw the card you need that's not even in your deck.

You know how guys like Yugioh, Jaden, etc draw those cards they need and it's the card that we usually have never seen them play before? Well to sorta keep up with that tradition, when you are in that tight spot and need to draw something to help you get out of it, you could for example, end up drawing a Dark Hole card even though it's not even in your deck.

If you ever played Hearthstone, think of it like the card "Unstable Portal" with RNG being in your favor and it happens once in a draw phase.

MouldyK

I thought this game had most of the cards in the game?

How many Yu-Gi-Oh cards are there in total if anyone knows?

I thought this game had most of the cards in the game?

How many Yu-Gi-Oh cards are there in total if anyone knows?

It does, it only misses two current booster packs, and any new cards from the synchro extreme structure deck. Though some cards are locked behind dlc

edit: I think it's also missing a few cards that were used in promo stuff, like Beast Eyes Pendulum Dragon which was distributed as a promo for Jump subscribers

MouldyK

It does, it only misses two current booster packs, and any new cards from the synchro extreme structure deck. Though some cards are locked behind dlc

Ah, I mis-read then.

So there isn't much more to add then. Still think it should come to PC at some point.

Until then, i'll be hanging out in Pokemon Trading Card Game Online...

...man, I miss Yu-Gi-Oh Online.

Case example of easily locking down and beating meta decks with a dimensional fissure/macro cosmos and archlord kristya combination.

One of my recent matches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iAFkLPwL60

Poor guy couldn't special summon anything.

The strategy would do a bit worse in an actual match format, since you could side deck cards to stop banishing and block the tribute summoning, which would make it far harder to pull off

The thing that's keeping me from buying it is that I feel overwhelmed by how much new stuff there is since I dropped off the franchise after synchros.

Don't be. Between the OT and the in game tutorials, everything is very straightforward and easy to learn. There's also that great story mode which can help you relive some of the nostalgia of the show in a fun way.

Ken

Don't be. Between the OT and the in game tutorials, everything is very straightforward and easy to learn. There's also that great story mode which can help you relive some of the nostalgia of the show in a fun way.

Yeah, I know there's good resources to learn but I tend to get super obsessive over the meta and what's top tier and not, which will absorb a ton more hours of my life lol. @@

Spent too much time browsing Pojo's and yugiohrealms. I'll probably check out the game soon though.

Fj0823

Yeah, I know there's good resources to learn but I tend to get super obsessive over the meta and what's top tier and not, which will absorb a ton more hours of my life lol. @@

Spent too much time browsing Pojo's and yugiohrealms. I'll probably check out the game soon though.

Rituals are top tier now, that is something I never thought Id say

holy hell is there a way to buy multiple packs at a time?

Nope. I get that they wanted to replicate the feeling of opening a real pack but when you're looking for a specific card or sets of cards, it becomes tiring to wade through all the irrelevant cards you open before you find something useful.

Nope. I get that they wanted to replicate the feeling of opening a real pack but when you're looking for a specific card or sets of cards, it becomes tiring to wade through all the irrelevant cards you open before you find something useful.
Especially because you at least have to be paying a modicum of attention in order to see if you got the card(s) you wanted.

Masked Heroes can have a strong match up vs Shadolls due to darklaw banishing all their cards and once per turn he can stop searches. If you are just looking for tech cards to add to your deck or side deck to deal with shadolls consider things like dimension fissure, macro cosmos, and DD Crow.
Edit
Forgot kycoo is still a threat

Read the last two pages. There are a bunch of recommendations for banish heavy cards.
Sorry I just want a new archetype that wasn't masked heroes that banish cards feed into I use a good amount of banish heavy cards already like dd cards and marco fissure.

Fj0823

Sorry I just want a new archetype that wasn't masked heroes that banish cards feed into I use a good amount of banish heavy cards already like dd cards and marco fissure.

Ritual beasts....but they have one little downside

tumblr_nqrgvb5QlV1tzy27bo1_500.jpg

Well thanks for all the suggestions maybe I'll stick with masked heroes for know and see if I can make a light attribute banish deck around golden homunculus

Fj0823

Thanks to this thread, I've now preordered both tins for them fancy Lovecraftian cards.

Make sure to post your pulls.

I had to pass on the tins since my GF and school take all my cash, I managed to buy 1 synchro deck though...

We watched unfriended today....should've bought a couple of booster packs, it wouldve been a better experience no matter the contents

Will do. These will be my first tins since Red Nova in 2010 and good lord so many holos.

If only Qliphort Monolith and Edge Imp Sabres were there. At least I'll be able to build most of my Infernoid deck and try out some of the other new stuff that's come out in the last year.

Sayah

Okay. You can use my deck. It's pretty good at banishing and preventing special summons, granted you draw the right cards. From my experience, it's no good to have something like gold sarcaphogus, different dimension capsule, or a cat of ill omen to draw out a macro cosmos or dimensional fissure. By the time you get the card in your hand, the meta decks have already played out their best cards and have everything setup on the field. Here's what you need:

For banishing:
2x Banisher of the Light
2x Banisher of the Radiance
1x Dimensional Fissure
1x Macro Cosmos
2x Pot of Duality

Having all of these cards amplifies your chances of drawing something that banishes cards.

Then, for preventing special summons:
3x Archlord Kristya

Other essential monsters

3x Gellenduo (AMAZING card that can't be destroyed by battle if in defense position and can be used as two tributes)
3x Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen (easily summon Banisher of the Light in defense mode, Archlord Kristya, and others)
3x Hectarice (to easily get valhalla. Careful: if you have one of the banisher cards or dimensional fissure/macro cosmos on the field, you can't discard this card. Always prioritize activating this card's effect first).
3x Master Hyperion
1x Splendid Venus
2x Tethys, the goddess of light

Essential traps and magic:
1x Raigeki
2x Dark Hole
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Forced Back
2x Horn of Heaven
2x Magic Jammer
2x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute

Edit: You can also look into the gravekeeper deck, especially since if you have necrovalley up on the field, the cat of ill omen will allow you to add macro cosmos to your hand instead of top of your deck.

I dont play online much because i completely suck at anything pass jaden, but my god screw pendulum summons...f off!! I lose in like 3 turns because of those things. I do like sychro summons tho those are pretty cool and the xyz stuff im still trying to figure out.

RE_Player

I dont play online much because i completely suck at anything pass jaden, but my god screw pendulum summons...f off!! I lose in like 3 turns because of those things. I do like sychro summons tho those are pretty cool and the xyz stuff im still trying to figure out.
You can beat Pendulum pretty easily. The two cards placed in the pendulum zones are considered spell cards so if you get rid of them their strategy is done.

Recall

Are there any top tier control decks that might win in less traditional manners like by removing all your opponents cards from their deck, or some lock that stood them from ever attacking/ drawing etc? Something devious?

Only one pendulum deck right now is really that good, and that's Qli. Who are admittedly one of the best in the game, but still. Pendulum becomes a lot weaker if you don't have a mostly pendulum based archetype. Not useless, but weaker.

Top Bottom