• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
The didn’t nerf the “blizzard ball” build for sorc. Gotta find the gear (like all sorc builds) but it’s a beast.

I haven’t played Druid since release that trek to 100 on release was rough.

Last edited:

Zathalus

I dunno if I'd go that far. I think they're just being cautious and not wanting to overcorrect. They still have some time until the patch actually hits to tweak a few more numbers.
They buffed flay which already hits in the billions and they gave Sorcerer's more sources of damage reduction when they already have the ability to make themselves immortal via flame shield. Looking at the wider picture on Sorcerer's for a moment and it's still amazing to me that things like Fireball and Meteor are still trash despite the game being out for a year. The balance team clearly has no idea what they are doing. Maybe if they actually communicate and take PTR balancing seriously they wouldn't be in this situation.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
They buffed flay which already hits in the billions and they gave Sorcerer's more sources of damage reduction when they already have the ability to make themselves immortal via flame shield. Looking at the wider picture on Sorcerer's for a moment and it's still amazing to me that things like Fireball and Meteor are still trash despite the game being out for a year. The balance team clearly has no idea what they are doing. Maybe if they actually communicate and take PTR balancing seriously they wouldn't be in this situation.

True some of the changes might not make sense right now, but it might become clearer during the season 5 PTR

Braag

Well after skipping last season entirely, my mates got me to try this season out. I went with Frozen Orb Sorc, got all the recommended gear for him and upgraded all the glyphs in use to 21. Started doing The pit, upgraded all my gear to level 4 and half of my gear to level 8. Max level Pit I managed to do was 60 cause the final boss is crazy hard. I usually grind level 55 for upgrade materials.
At this point I'm so freaking sick of the pit that I really wanted to do something else. I tried doing Tormented Andariel and completely got my ass handed to me. I tried Tormented Grigoire and simply didn't have enough DPS to get him down until he slowly yet surely kills me. I usually run out of potions.

This season was pretty good, the itemization is much better imo, but I think I'm done with it. We'll see what next season brings.

splattered

My heat seeker rogue can clear about pit 60 right now... still need to masterwork some gear and craft a blast trapper ring for bosses but I still feel kinda weak. Fun but braindead build

Zheph

Pity that sorcerer build is extremely hard to gear for. You need GA CDR rolls and then masterwork hit all of them. And hope you don't brick them while tempering either.
I have done it and it's not exactly thrilling to play either alto the super quick teleport is nice

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think you'll like it. I'm having fun ignoring all the mechanics that I used to have to worry about as a necro lol.
I actually enjoy sorc and Barb the most in current meta.

Had the most fun with these. On launch I enjoyed rogue and Druid most.

Necro has never clicked for me here. Just feels like they are stuck in molasses.

Zheph

Dunno…I pushed past floor 60 or so. It was fun, it not* as good as fire bolt builds this season but was a nice change of pace.

Going to roll a barb of all things when I’m back later in the week.
Yeah I was more thinking about 110+ for the pit. 60 is close to what you do in NMD in terms of monster levels

Mossybrew

Gold Member
I finally tried a Barb since it was the one class I had barely played. I was kinda meh at first but it just kept getting better, I think I'm 60-something now and the character is an absolute beast. Great survivability.

Zheph

Ok so Blizzard deffo fucked up it seems to be working decently, my friend got a very good haul of uber

of course i got almost fuck all, just one right at the end

Eyes Omg GIF

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
No ubers for me yet though, but it is true that for some reason now, Tormented Zir drops a shit ton of loot. Nearly my entire inventory is full after one run. If anything, it's a great way to make money by selling all the trash.

If anyone wants to do Zir runs, I can carry you. Just lemme know either in this thread, DM, or in game via the clan chat.

Top Bottom