• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Speed”, “higher frame rates”, and “a more powerful CPU” are major goals for Xbox Scarlett

Again they haven't proven anything, your just expecting everyone else to have blind faith in them like you do. Its not all sunshine and lollipops because they bought some studios. Some of their studios have a very shaky track record like Undead Labs, Rare, and Compulsion Games.

Until they actually catch up to the competition the criticism isn't going anywhere, plain and simple.
They have proven that they now listen to the fan. If you cant see that then your just plain blind. If they continue on this path they will be where they need to be. If they mess up along the way I'll make sure to let my voice be heard but as of now they are doing everything right. Stop killing them for the mistakes of 2 years ago and congratulate them for the progress they continue to make in the present.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Devs won't make 60fps games a standard on any fixed hardware console. They will always go for whatever graphics the minimum acceptable frame rate allows.

You know this. Microsoft can't force this to anyone. The 30/60fps games ratio will be the same as it is with the current consoles.

They have proven that they now listen to the fan. If you cant see that then your just plain blind. If they continue on this path they will be where they need to be. If they mess up along the way I'll make sure to let my voice be heard but as of now they are doing everything right. Stop killing them for the mistakes of 2 years ago and congratulate them for the progress they continue to make in the present.
Stop acting like I'm only talking about the past, their first party still sucks in the present...their output for 2019 is terrible. One good AAA game and one bad one, what a great 2019 for Xbox. Stop expecting people to congratulate them when they haven't delivered the goods.

Stop acting like I'm only talking about the past, their first party still sucks in the present...their output for 2019 is terrible. One good AAA game and one bad one, what a great 2019 for Xbox. Stop expecting people to congratulate them when they haven't delivered the goods.
Ok it's obvious you have your opinion on the situation and I have mine. Thanks for the debate.

I like that they're doubling down on Game framerates/performance, something all hardware manufacturers should be investing in (especially Nintendo...).

And I'm sure the dev studios of the world will take that unfathomable power and fritter it away on higher resolutions instead.
CPUs are better at doing framerates. Hence the big focus on Zen CPUs by both console manufactures for next gen,as opposed to current gen being heavy on the GPU side(better at doing resolution/graphics). Another words, the next gen consoles are designed more favorably towards CPU task like framerate.

woigemok

Banned
no one gives a shit about Sony and Microsoft 1st party games. Their games weren't even last more than 2 months before an inevitable price drop. Sony managed to sell more than 10million thanks to the heavy price drop, for example, the current MSSRP of HZD is 16$ and Zelda BOTW is 60$. Sony gave away Spider-man game for free for every single PS4 in BF despite the game was recently released to inflate the unit number for the PR BS purpose, they did that shit in TROW too.

Only Nintendo games are worthy if we wanted to talk about 1st party output quality.

Nintendo 1st party games = 60$ for so many years or 5-10$ price-drop like MK8 deal.
Sony 1st party games = Cheap as fuck or usually free came with the system such as Spider-man BF, Uncharted PS4 edition, TLOU edition, and etc.
Microsoft 1st party games = Cheap as fuck and Gamepass.

Last edited:
All of the new studio acquisitions and The Initiative are gearing up for next gen. 2019 saw Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds. Both made by MS Studios and received very well critiquelly

Last edited:
Wait what? If you still think MS has a games problem. Then Xbox just isn't for you. Its like MS can come with 1000 AAA games but if none are for you just stick to PS threads and stop shittin up MS threads.
He's got a point. Xbox One especially has been having a first party drought, and they've been living off of the same Halo/Gears/Forza formula since the 360 era.

I know they have more studios but until we see the actual projects they've been working on, which are years away BTW, talking about Scarlet and trying to sell controllers more than talking about their console exclusive first party IP's is a problem.

This isn't a MS hate thread, but criticism isn't hate, this is how they improve and sell more consoles.

All of the new studio acquisitions and The Initiative are gearing up for next gen. 2019 saw Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds. Both made by MS Studios and received very well critiquelly

Sorry to break it to you, but those games aren't coming out for years, and The Outer Worlds is a multiplat.

If you claim to have so many Xbox games (like you stated before), then stop supporting Xbox if it stinks so much. Pay $60 and buy games like Outer Worlds on PS, instead of getting it on Game Pass for $1.

Excuses like this are why people are sick of MS and criticize them. Canceling Scalebound but yet releasing mediocre new IP's like Sea of Thieves, ReCore, and Screamride alongside other mediocre games like Crackdown 3 should not be ignored.

We've all criticized their shitty out put from the past 2 years but your stuck in a bubble that's 2 years old we've beat that horse to death why regurgitate what we and MS have already identified as a gap in their strategy, move on and appreciate the fact they are listening to their fans and fanboys and making changes major changes.

Por que no los dos?

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
no one gives a shit about Sony and Microsoft 1st party games. Their games weren't even last more than 2 months before an inevitable price drop. Sony managed to sell more than 10million thanks to the heavy price drop, for example, the current MSSRP of HZD is 16$ and Zelda BOTW is 60$. Sony gave away Spider-man game for free for every single PS4 in BF despite the game was recently released to inflate the unit number for the PR BS purpose, they did that shit in TROW too.
This is an impressive level of Nintendo fanboyism. A PS4 game sells 10M+ copies and "nobody gives a shit" about them!! There isn't a company in the world that wouldn't gladly accept that level of "nobody gives a shit about them!"

giphy.gif

Oh, and Nintendo is bundling Mario Kart with the Switch this BF for $299.

Does that mean Nintendo doesn't value Mario Kart? If they care so much about it, why give it away like that?

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
no one gives a shit about Sony and Microsoft 1st party games.

That's only half true. Sony first party games often win Game of the Year awards. Nintendo too. Only MS has nothing to offer in this department.

Last edited:

Bodatan

Banned
This is an impressive level of Nintendo fanboyism. A PS4 game sells 10M+ copies and "nobody gives a shit" about them!! There isn't a company in the world that wouldn't gladly accept that level of "nobody gives a shit about them!"

giphy.gif

Oh, and Nintendo is bundling Mario Kart with the Switch this BF for $299.

Does that mean Nintendo doesn't value Mario Kart? If they care so much about it, why give it away like that?
Tbf Nintendo only give that with an old model of switch and not the new one.

Vawn

Banned
I see. Doesn't change anything for my original post.

I don't even know what your post was about. Just explaining the Switch situation.

Just in case others don't know, they still sell both models and sadly at the same price. So you want to make sure you get the ones in the all red box - unless you want the old model to jailbreak.

Gargus

Banned
Well duh. The xbox division is basically the Michael bay of video gaming.

If you claim to have so many Xbox games (like you stated before), then stop supporting Xbox if it stinks so much. Pay $60 and buy games like Outer Worlds on PS, instead of getting it on Game Pass for $1.

I know that wasn't aimed at me but I know you know that you can't really get it on gamepass for 1 dollar. You're trying to leverage careful wording into making it sound like something it isnt. The 1 dollar a month thing is a very limited time offer. Gamepass is like 15 bucks a month.

And I won't pay 60 for outer wilds on ps4. I'll get it for much less on Ebay or on sale and it will belong to me.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I don't even know what your post was about. Just explaining the Switch situation.

Just in case others don't know, they still sell both models and sadly at the same price. So you want to make sure you get the ones in the all red box - unless you want the old model to jailbreak.
Just responding to a fanboy who was talking about how Sony doesn't value their games since they don't keep them at their $60 price point for years on end like Nintendo. Nevermind the fact that a good chunk of those sales occur at that $60 price.
So I brought up the fact that Nintendo is bundling Mario Kart with the Switch at $299, which -sarcasm alert- "very clearly means that Nintendo doesn't value Mario Kart at all!"

I have to admit that I admire the effort of these fanboys to find ways to shit on Sony.

Only Nintendo games are worthy if we wanted to talk about 1st party output quality.

Nintendo 1st party games = 60$ for so many years or 5-10$ price-drop like MK8 deal.
Sony 1st party games = Cheap as fuck or usually free came with the system such as Spider-man BF, Uncharted PS4 edition, TLOU edition, and etc.
Microsoft 1st party games = Cheap as fuck and Gamepass.

Last edited:
Make it so all tools default to forcing 60 or 120fps so that developers will actually have to learn how to program and adapt to make good looking games without sacrificing in some other area.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Make it so all tools default to forcing 60 or 120fps so that developers will actually have to learn how to program and adapt to make good looking games without sacrificing in some other area.
You can default what you want developers will do what they want. When NVIDIA and AMD will be writing checks for heavy RT usage that will kill performance to sell new GPUs Sony and Microsoft won't be able to do anything. The GPU makers have a huge financial interest to push RT as the next generation look. That has been my worry since I learned both have it built it. The performance killing feature to sell video cards on the PC at the expense of lots of 30fps on consoles. I have a feeling most games will be RT limited once those checks are written. Then other developers think they are forced to keep up with the "next generation graphics".

Bodatan

Banned
What old Switch model? There is regular Switch and Switch-lite.
New model with Mariko chipset that improved battery life significantly.

They we're using BF to clear out the old model stock since they're no longer manufacturing it.

A lot of people are angry because of that.

I don't think the deal is the same with Sony.

Stuart360

It would be nice if 60fps was mandated in next gen games but it would never happen unless both Microsoft and Sony mandated it. Sure some hardcore gamers may go for the console that has 100% 60fps games, but if the other console has much better looking games at 30fps, the casual masses will go with that console.
Until 60fps is mandated, next gen games will still be 30fps on the whole, with 10-20% of games being 60fps, like every gen. There maybe a slightly higher percentage of 60fps next gen (especially in the first couple of years with all the cross gen games), due to the decent cpu's for a change, but by the end of the gen, the majority of games released over the whol;e gen will be 30fps.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It would be nice if 60fps was mandated in next gen games but it would never happen unless both Microsoft and Sony mandated it. Sure some hardcore gamers may go for the console that has 100% 60fps games, but if the other console has much better looking games at 30fps, the casual masses will go with that console.
Until 60fps is mandated, next gen games will still be 30fps on the whole, with 10-20% of games being 60fps, like every gen. There maybe a slightly higher percentage of 60fps next gen (especially in the first couple of years with all the cross gen games), due to the decent cpu's for a change, but by the end of the gen, the majority of games released over the whol;e gen will be 30fps.

Which is going to impact the PC scene and ports the first few years as well.

If they are 3.2Ghz Zen 2’s, like every leak has been saying, then brute forcing double to triple framerate at same fidelity spec will not be a thing either.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Good but I only playsingle player games and framerate is a 2ndary thing there.
I only play singleplayer and framerate is the most important technical aspect to me. It affects gameplay greatly.

Stuart360

Which is going to impact the PC scene and ports the first few years as well.

If they are 3.2Ghz Zen 2’s, like every leak has been saying, then brute forcing double to triple framerate at same fidelity spec will not be a thing either.
For sure in terms of high framerates, but a lot of PC gamers are more than happy to go lower resolutions for higher framerates, even playing some games on 'low' settings for super high framerates, even with beastly rigs. I mean on paper, my PC is slightly more powerful than the OneX, yet i can often match the OneX in settings and rsoltion, but at higher framerates, so i'm sure i could run a 4k/30 next gen game at 1080p/30 on my PC. I mean i'll be upgrading eventually anyway.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I think we’re really proud of the fact that we built the world’s most powerful console

A year later and more expensive, so not exactly the same thing. I mean, we'll see which one's more powerful, but the boast from have created the worlds most powerful console is pretty thin.

Top Bottom