• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2018 FIFA World Cup |OT| Go big and get VAR'd!

kischine

Sweden betrayed me. I was ready to buy a swedish jersey if they won this game, but you can't fucking trust the cucks swedes. 20 minutes with -1 player and Germany still dominated them, that was a disaster. The dream is dead.

The referee didn't help tho, that first penalty for Sweden was PRETTY fucking clear, and they tried to put pressure on him, that was really suspiscious.

Last edited:
Kroos is low key the best player in the world and has been for at least Madrid's past 3 winning seasons. Just incredible, bonus awesomeness to the fact that he didn't cry post game unlike Neymar. That's the true champion way.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sweden betrayed me. I was ready to buy a swedish jersey if they won this game, but you can't fucking trust the cucks swedes. 20 minutes with -1 player and Germany still dominated them, that was a disaster. The dream is dead.

The referee didn't help tho, that first penalty for Sweden was PRETTY fucking clear, and they tried to put pressure on him, that was really suspiscious.
RIP Nords.

Syder

RegaleS.gif

Good result from England obviously.

But loads of sloppy play, which the better teams will punish us for. Slow to move when receiving the ball, poor passes, dodgy defence. These all need to be cut out to have any hope of making it past the quarters.

theturdryke

Neo Member

But loads of sloppy play, which the better teams will punish us for. Slow to move when receiving the ball, poor passes, dodgy defence. These all need to be cut out to have any hope of making it past the quarters.

Belgium game will be a true test. They look the best side so far. But with nothing at stake may turn out to be a drab affair.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
England will probably win a WC or Euro within the next 8 years. IIRC they are currently u20 and u23 champs!

However in this WC, i think they will get KO in the QF once they meet a top seed, like Ger or Bra, sorta like how their EPL clubs lose in europe. A little inexperience and too much Spurs bridesmaid DNA

theturdryke

Neo Member
England will probably win a WC or Euro within the next 8 years. IIRC they are currently u20 and u23 champs!

However in this WC, i think they will get KO in the QF once they meet a top seed, like Ger or Bra, sorta like how their EPL clubs lose in europe. A little inexperience and too much Spurs bridesmaid DNA

Well Germany and Brazil are still underwhelming, the Belgium game could of shown us where were at. But now qualification is pretty much guaranteed could be a lackluster affair. Loving the Comradery in the squad could carrry us along way.

IE it's coming home lad.

longdi

Banned
I thought Ger played quite well in 2nd half against Swe.
Bra also played like a team with a strategy, as with Fra, Spa, Cro and Por, even Jap just now.
Cant say the same for Arg.
But both Bra and Ger showed just enough to progress, tourneys are won with just enough and a little incisive quality.
Eng squad lacks something in their defense and play making, doesn't seems like a good counter attacking team either.
Going out in QF, which is not bad really.

I would be willing to bet something big that England will not win the wc or euro in 8 years. :)

Some people are losing their minds but we should remind them that England only played Panama and Tunisia so far.... no offense to those teams... But yeah they aren't comparable to country with a world revered premier league and millions of dollars behind the players. I agree with you, wait for Belgium and round of 16, and we gonna see the truth.

Last edited:

theturdryke

Neo Member
I thought Ger played quite well in 2nd half against Swe.
Bra also played like a team with a strategy, as with Fra, Spa, Cro and Por, even Jap just now.
Cant say the same for Arg.
But both Bra and Ger showed just enough to progress, tourneys are won with just enough and a little incisive quality.
Eng squad lacks something in their defense and play making, doesn't seems like a good counter attacking team either.
Going out in QF, which is not bad really.

I'm confident they can do well not "The Sun" confident with prayer mats and all that shite. We've pretty much qualified so all down to the knockouts which is looking like Japan or Senegal. Think we're capable of beating any of those. Then who knows.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Yesterdays defeat was a kick in the fucking face. It would have been better if we were humiliated 7-1 Brazil-style, because going down in the last second like that was awful . We had it all, about to kick the former world champions out of the tournament, but instead got a collective brain freeze and went from three points to zero in the span of 45 minutes. And now we are basically fucked. Probably the most disappointing defeat since we lost to Netherlands in the quarter-finals in Euro 2004.

Last edited:

theturdryke

Neo Member
Yesterdays defeat was a kick in the fucking face. It would have been better if we were humiliated 7-1 Brazil-style, because going down in the last second like that was awful . We had it all, about to kick the former world champions out of the tournament, but instead got a collective brain freeze and went from three points to zero in the span of 45 minutes. And now we are basically fucked. Probably the most disappointing defeat since we lost to Netherlands in the quarter-finals in Euro 2004.
Rough alright. Couldn't believe it. Then to have this rubbed in your face.

Scummy

Sweden tried to sleep on the second half lead. As a German supporter I thought we were going to lose from counter attacks and lacking defense for sure. Sweden deserved a PK though but still you guys tried to sleep on that lead and it was all German control in second half which played out as a completely different game. Germany could have easily been up 3 or 4 by the end with all those chances and hit posts. Was nuts.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member

Yeah, I saw that. Awful behaviour from the German management, acting all high and mighty because they won in the last second. Janne Andersson should have knocked that first asshole out who clapped and pointed his fingers. I hope South Korea fucks Germany over big time so that Oliver Bierhoff and the rest of the team chokes on their own ambitions.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Sweden tried to sleep on the second half lead

But can you reallly blame them for doing that? Going up against the former world cup champions, who destroyed one of the best teams in the world on their own turf, is not an easy task for a small country like Sweden. A draw would have been a victory for us. We ain´t got star players on every positions, we can´t afford to miss a hundred chances like you did yesterday. We usually have one chance and that one chance must go into the net.

But can you reallly blame them for doing that? Going up against the former world cup champions, who destroyed one of the best teams in the world on their own turf, is not an easy task for a small country like Sweden. A draw would have been a victory for us. We ain´t got star players on every positions, we can´t afford to miss a hundred chances like you did yesterday. We usually have one chance and that one chance must go into the net.

That's risk versus reward of a defensive strategy. Can't blame them and can't be too upset at the result when the strategy fails. It allowed for dozens of German chances and majority of possession. Rolling the dice every time Sweden sits in the box and allows attempts on goal. The team that played better won thankfully and the other team was relying on luck to hold the lead and close it out. I wouldn't be too mad on that one but disappointed for sure. Sweden shoulda been up 2-0 in the first half though.

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
The schedule for the final group stage games should make it a bit more interesting as well as both games for each group is played simultaneously. There is 16 games over the next 4 days.

theturdryke

Neo Member
GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING, I'M GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING - SACKED IN THE MOOOORRRRRNNNNIIINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG I'M GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING. Gonna have to phone in sick, no chance i'm working tomoz. Shouldn't play a world cup game on a FUCKIN SUNDAY and at 1 IN THE DAY.

The schedule for the final group stage games should make it a bit more interesting as well as both games for each group is played simultaneously. There is 16 games over the next 4 days.

I'm pretty sure they've scheduled matches this way for quite some time to avoid collusion

TimFL

Anyone who thinks Sweden deserved to win is delusional. I have rarely seen such a one-sided, and on top of that a team trying to get the clock to tick down by crawling off the field during subs etc, match this world cup. Totally deserved win for Germany, totally deserved loss for Sweden. Bring on South Korea.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Yup like Russia, England lucked out on who they got to play against.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Reading the disgusting racist comments about Jimmy Durmaz makes me feel ashamed of being a Swede. Around 2000-3000 comments have been made on his Instagram where racists pieces of shits label him as a terrorist, IS member, suicide bomber and that "he should pack his bags and go home to his own fucking country." He was born in Sweden you dumb motherfuckers. Football is all about team spirit and to work as a unit. You win as a team, you lose as a team. This hateful witch hunt against one player because he made a mistake is not okay.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Totally deserved win for Germany, totally deserved loss for Sweden.

Yeah, in your dreams maybe. You seem to forget you are the former world champions whilst Sweden is a rather small country when it comes to football. It was expected that Germany would have much more ball possession. Despite that, you were terrible in the first half of the game, acting like a bunch of overpaid primadonnas that prances around and underestimates the other team. And in the second half you missed hundreds of opportunities because you were sloppy and unfocused. Not to mention Sweden got screwed over on a penalty and early red card for Boateng. And Germany has never slacked to get the clock ticking, right? Remember the final match in the last world cup?

Last edited:

God Enel

Reading the disgusting racist comments about Jimmy Durmaz makes me feel ashamed of being a Swede. Around 2000-3000 comments have been made on his Instagram where racists pieces of shits label him as a terrorist, IS member, suicide bomber and that "he should pack his bags and go home to his own fucking country." He was born in Sweden you dumb motherfuckers. Football is all about team spirit and to work as a unit. You win as a team, you lose as a team. This hateful witch hunt against one player because he made a mistake is not okay.

I read about it too an thought wtf Sweden can do better than that. I guess there are always some bad apples. Why would you write shit like that in the first place? I will never understand such a behavior.

Btw What the fuck were Portugal and Spain doing. Barely drawing against Iran/Morocco. LUL

theturdryke

Neo Member
Yeah, in your dreams maybe. You seem to forget you are the former world champions whilst Sweden is a rather small country when it comes to football. It was expected that Germany would have much more ball possession. Despite that, you were terrible in the first half of the game, acting like a bunch of overpaid primadonnas that prances around and underestimates the other team. And in the second half you missed hundreds of opportunities because you were sloppy and unfocused. Not to mention Sweden got screwed over on a penalty and early red card for Boateng. And Germany has never slacked to get the clock ticking, right? Remember the final match in the last world cup?

Fuck, haven't heard about this. Pretty abhorrent.

theturdryke

Neo Member
Quoted wrong post. And wouldn't let me edit.

Last edited:

God Enel

I'm Croatian and I wanted Iceland to win and Argentina to drop out of the World Cup. But fuck that shit. Iceland was good and playing with passion. I love that. They played really well for a country with only 400k people. Sadly we won't see them and their fans this word Cup anymore.

I will visit your country that's for sure. :)

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Maradona visibly stoned out of his goddamn mind flipping people off is my new spirit animal.

I saw that too. He looked coked out of his ass. Hard to believe he was once the greatest player in the world. Argentina had a rough time in their group, didn´t think they were gonna make it.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Marcos Rojo goal that put Argentina through:
edit: nm FIFA doesn't allow videos to be viewed outside youtube

Last edited:
I saw that too. He looked coked out of his ass. Hard to believe he was once the greatest player in the world. Argentina had a rough time in their group, didn´t think they were gonna make it.

Yeah and they played like absolute ass for most of their 3 games. They probably didn't deserve to make it, but now they're here and they're likely giving France a very hard time.

God Enel

Yeah and they played like absolute ass for most of their 3 games. They probably didn't deserve to make it, but now they're here and they're likely giving France a very hard time.

You have to admit though that France didn't show anything either. Yesterday's game against Denmark was a borefest of epic proportions. I don't know if there were two shots fired during the second half (only got to watch that one).

Didn't the draw and won 1-0 if I'm not confusing the scores? So Argentina maybe will be the perfect match for them. Though rooting for France.

ruvikx

Banned
Ah Maradona, the world will miss him when he's gone. Which will probably be within the next 2 weeks, i.e. certainly if Argentina go far into the tournament. I guess drugs are cheapo in Ruskiland because he appeared to be loaded on everything but the kitchen sink. His antics were essentially another source of entertainment within the match.

Imagine a scenario in which Messi scores the world cup final winner & Maradona immediately drops dead during the celebrations? Drama.

TBiddy

You have to admit though that France didn't show anything either. Yesterday's game against Denmark was a borefest of epic proportions. I don't know if there were two shots fired during the second half (only got to watch that one).

As a Dane, please accept my sincerest apologies. That was the worst match I've seen in many years. The result was fine, mind you, but holy shit what a crappy game.

Top Bottom