• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

85% of Playstation Studios Games still unannounced

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

FUSFa9ZX0AcVy9t

FSPvlaTX0AM2yUA

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
A game doesn't exist until it gets announced, no matter the platform. And that goes for CGI trailers too, they are all vaporware to me until I see some gameplay.

Some of those projects could be cancelled and others that aren't on the list might take their place, or not.

We are a few days away from getting tons of announcements, plus the very probable Sony not-E3 event in September, so no need to focus on unannouced projects.

mortal

Gold Member
Insomniac have proven themselves more than worthy, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what Naughty Dog will accomplish on PS5, without worrying about last gen.

DarthPutin

A lot of this seems like guesses based on LinkedIn profiles. Which aren't very informative.
Some of the multi-player games can be multi-player component of single player game, like Legends to GOT. Some projects might fall through, some nobody have caught.
We really won't know until they announce.

With excellent track record of great releases there is no reason to doubt them.

On secrecy - people have been whining that Sony announced games too early, well, now people are whining that they don't do that anymore :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

GHound

lol sure....

We have been hearing this shit for years. I remember last year they said they had 25 games in development. Where are they? Hello?
I cancel one every couple of months just to keep the boys on their toes. They're somewhere on my backup drives at the office, only I will ever get to play them now. The best kinds of exclusives are the ones not even people with the console get to play.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I don't get all that excited for games from small or new studios until I see something. That seems to be most of the games?

Excited to see what a few of the bigger studios are cooking up that we don't know about. I want to see what Bend is doing!

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
That's good, great actually. In times when almost everything gets leaked prior official announcement, having this many surprises up the sleeve is a hige advantage, makes thise gaming events actually interesting and exciting.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
So is unannounced better than announcing too early? or is it the other way round?
I'd rather have something significant to look at rather than a CGI or a logo splash...In that regard Metroid 4, god of war and bayo 3 were pretty lame as reveals...
And if it is CGI at least make it look like the final product and not something that we'd see one or 2 gens later (that zelda gamecube or wii? demo still hurt).

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
That's good, great actually. In times when almost everything gets leaked prior official announcement, having this many surprises up the sleeve is a hige advantage, makes thise gaming events actually interesting and exciting.
I know it is a typo but I couldn't help seeing it as a biblical old english saying
And then the lord said " Maketh thy gaming evenements interesting" and so they became....Amen

That's assuming all their games are coming from their current internal studios. Sony have announced games wtih Deviation and Firewalk. They also have other partners (Sackboy was a Sumo Digital game for example and they likely will publish the next Kojima game).

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
So is unannounced better than announcing too early? or is it the other way round?
I would say announcing early is, over all, better than not announcing anything. But it also depends on whether or not you've actually provided your users with plenty of games. In this case, PlayStation easily gets a pass to have been holding back on so many of its projects. Xbox did not have that luxury. They really had no choice but to make a lot of early announcements or get raked over the coals even harder than they already have. It would have indeed been far worse for them to wait. Better to hype your fans up with a lot of games that are still 3 to 5 years away than just announce Halo and Forza and then tell your fans, "See you again in a couple years".

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I hope its better than the slate we have been given. Spider-Man, while fun to be Spider-Man, was at its core an incredibly generic Open World game with a forgettable narrative.

Astro’s Playroom was *amazing*, but too short. Just a little teaser of what we can expect out of the controller and the platform. Demon’s Souls is similar. Fantastic, but its just a graphical upgrade to an already amazing game. Returnal is the only amazing new IP/entry that Sony has given us. Fun as hell gameplay, interesting story, and tight controls.

Ghost is fantastic, but it isn’t new. Just a slight upgrade. Uncharted collection is the two worst games in the series and Horizon, Ratchet, and Sackboy are beautiful, but shallow and mediocre titles over all.

GT7 *could* have been GOAT, but then Polyphony fucked it up. Greedy shitbags.

Sony needs to expand its portfolio, assuming that these will continue to be the kind of games we will get. I want to see something wacky and interesting again. I want to see Puppeteer kind of games. Or Ape Escape. Siphon Filter. Medieval. Give me more high quality games that don’t need those pointless and bloated AAA modern gaming budgets. Really the only thing that I am excited for is God of War (and even then, I am incredibly nervous about it) and the VR2. I also am worried that Spider-Man 2 is just going to be more of the same. I want to see a massive increase in quality and gameplay choices like Rocksteady showed with Batman Arkham Asylum to City!

25+ games. no rpgs...I hope they expand on that because Horizon FW was the first game I skipped from their studios in a while since its starting to feel samey. Nauty Dogs rumored fantasy game should be promising as fuck.

im itching for a showcase, commonnnn PS first party i neeed more infooooo
Last gen we got the iconic 2015 E3 at about this 2 year mark, I would really like a proper PS Showcase soon but Sony has every incentive in the world to drip feed info right now as more hype doesn't translate in more sales at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom