• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

85% of Playstation Studios Games still unannounced

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Prove Eric Andre GIF by Adult Swim
Show Me Nbc GIF by Good Girls

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I mean I don't know how you look at that and be disappointed in so far Sony's output and what we know they have coming down the line? The fact we have Spiderman 2 coming next year, and will end this year with God of war to me is a win/win.

Not including twisted metal, NAughty Dogs remake bundle, and new IP. I mean next year is going to be stacked. This year we got MLB the show, GT7, Horizon FW, and later God of war.

Sorry people can nit pick all they want, quality titles for a whole year is a good thing.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The percentage is really meaningless, we have no idea if the best games were on the 15% released, or in the 85.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I remember Hurst or Ryan saying half of 25 new games are new IPs. So assuming they didn't fudge the numbers that means 12 or 13 are new IPs.

There's going to be a slew of new first party VR2 games made, plus all the GAAS MP games, which seem classified as 100% new IP. So that will probably eat up most of them.

Then there's unannounced sequels which is pretty obvious games like UC5, LOU3, The Show 2023 are easy ones to assume are in development. If half of the games are new IP and half are existing, then there's also 12-13 sequels.

One thing that I think is undetermined is how many of the existing games being made are PC ports. If Hurst/Ryan are bundling in PC ports into the number, that might be 5 games alone. Spiderman and MM might be 2 games right there.

The number of brand new SP focused games will be few. Maybe a couple tops.

Last edited:

kyoji

lol sure....

We have been hearing this shit for years. I remember last year they said they had 25 games in development. Where are they? Hello?
old playstation would have shown a lot of them, but remember people CRYED and WHINED about games being shown that werent in the relative near future, people also whined for more game play. We pretending now that people didnt complain about those things?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Haters are more concerned than Sony themselves.
Amazing.
Unbiased gamers and Sony management have always thought the same. It's just now Sony management is finally executing it.

Games for multiple platforms. Money talks. And that's what it has taken for them to do it.

Guys like you are pissed the exclusive ecosystem is crashing down. We told you money talks and the PC market is ripe for untapped sales.

Swift_Star

Banned
Unbiased gamers and Sony management have always thought the same. It's just now Sony management is finally executing it.

Games for multiple platforms. Money talks. And that's what it has taken for them to do it.

Guys like you are pissed the exclusive ecosystem is crashing down. We told you money talks and the PC market is ripe for untapped sales.
Care to show where I’m pissed about Sony games going to pc? Can you quote me saying those exactly words? I don’t care dude lol. This means more money to Sony, hence they can make more great games. The more people play Sony games the merrier.

Handel

Weird way to spin things, given that a good deal of these projects are in early development/preproduction and some might never see the light of day. No doubt their pipeline of games is solid, but that will be proven more with their big showcase later this year, and by what was already known to be coming from prior events.

Venom Snake

I think that the ecosystem of exclusives does not have to collapse due to the expansion of the portfolio to another platform. We can still get the games we want to get, even if the context of the word "exclusive" changes. The publishing of Sony games on pc is the least concerning thing of all, to be honest.

I mean I don't know how you look at that and be disappointed in so far Sony's output and what we know they have coming down the line? The fact we have Spiderman 2 coming next year, and will end this year with God of war to me is a win/win.

Not including twisted metal, NAughty Dogs remake bundle, and new IP. I mean next year is going to be stacked. This year we got MLB the show, GT7, Horizon FW, and later God of war.

Sorry people can nit pick all they want, quality titles for a whole year is a good thing.
I don't consider MLB the Show as an exclusive anymore

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think that the ecosystem of exclusives does not have to collapse due to the expansion of the portfolio to another platform. We can still get the games we want to get, even if the context of the word "exclusive" changes. The publishing of Sony games on pc is the least concerning thing of all, to be honest.
Agreed.

To most people, multiplatform games is a non issue. In fact, I'd bet a lot more gamers would want games on more systems so you can pick the platform. And for MS, a lot of their games are cross plat so buy it once. It's the business itself (makes sense) and corporate shillers who support the company wanting walled off games. One part supporting the balance sheets as if they are an employee, and one part depression if they know other gamers play the same game.

At worst, Sony's games come day one like Xbox. Who cares. Right now, the strategy isn't even day one anyway. It's like 2-4 year gaps of old games.

How many PS gamers will bail ship to PC if tons of games go PC? Doubt that many. If there were, Sony wouldnt be porting. Whatever number that is switching to PC, it's obvious not enough to counter Steam's 200M user base of potential sales. The number of PC gamers with a powerful enough system to even play PS games at good quality might only be half that number. There's going to be a shitload of gamers like me with a Steam profile playing on a low end laptop with some crappy VEGA mobile gpu so I'm not the audience to buy them even if I wanted to. So even with a gimped Steam base, Sony still thinks it's worth porting games.

Corndog

Banned

I think they have had a decent start. Xbox first party is still lagging a bit. Hopefully both kick into a bit of a higher gear.

Last edited:

Tarkus98

Sony is in a delicate position. Should they really announce, show and deliver a bunch of games right now when there are still a lot of people that cannot get the actual console to play the games on?
Right now seems like a balancing act on how many games to announce/release based on their internal forecasts of how many consoles they will be able to deliver.
Anyway, it seems that way to me.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sony is in a delicate position. Should they really announce, show and deliver a bunch of games right now when there are still a lot of people that cannot get the actual console to play the games on?
Right now seems like a balancing act on how many games to announce/release based on their internal forecasts of how many consoles they will be able to deliver.
I think part of the focus on PC is that they knew years ago PS5 stock would be short for years due to chip shortages. So they ramped up PC gaming to help compensate sales loss.

If the avg consumer started hearing about chip shortages for electronics and cars in 2020, I'm sure manufacturers heard about it way before then. So I bet the PC porting thing was always in play, but they turned on the taps fast getting some small internal teams to work on ports and then they bought Nixxes in summer 2021 to ramp up more PC gaming.

My company is the same. Covid lead to lots of supply issues of materials. It's now 2022 and we still got supply issues even though people are back to work like normal and not hoarding products like in 2020.

It can take a long time to play catch up on supply.

Swift_Star

Banned
It’s not going to collapse. If anything, they’re stronger than ever. The guy is just deluded looking for warriors to trigger.
Pitiful if you ask me.

Swift_Star

Banned
Agreed.

To most people, multiplatform games is a non issue. In fact, I'd bet a lot more gamers would want games on more systems so you can pick the platform. And for MS, a lot of their games are cross plat so buy it once. It's the business itself (makes sense) and corporate shillers who support the company wanting walled off games. One part supporting the balance sheets as if they are an employee, and one part depression if they know other gamers play the same game.

At worst, Sony's games come day one like Xbox. Who cares. Right now, the strategy isn't even day one anyway. It's like 2-4 year gaps of old games.

How many PS gamers will bail ship to PC if tons of games go PC? Doubt that many. If there were, Sony wouldnt be porting. Whatever number that is switching to PC, it's obvious not enough to counter Steam's 200M user base of potential sales. The number of PC gamers with a powerful enough system to even play PS games at good quality might only be half that number. There's going to be a shitload of gamers like me with a Steam profile playing on a low end laptop with some crappy VEGA mobile gpu so I'm not the audience to buy them even if I wanted to. So even with a gimped Steam base, Sony still thinks it's worth porting games.
Ignored me because I didn’t fit your pathetic narrative I see 😂😂😂😂😂

I think it’s an exaggeration that you believe that PlayStation is crashing down due to this. If anything this will be positive for Sony in case you didn’t notice.

yurinka

lol sure....

We have been hearing this shit for years. I remember last year they said they had 25 games in development. Where are they? Hello?
In addition to these 85% unannounced ones from 1st party studios they have more from 2nd party studios. Plus the many already released or announced ones, which are many of them:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_video_games

Btw, they said "over 25 games", not "25 games".

They'll make some mobile games, and from time to time will port some several years old games to PC, but other than MLB the PS Studios games will be released on PS only, and this is where they will invest most of their money.

Other than MLB, only Bungie games will be released on other platforms (including rival consoles) day one.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Yes, why not? Money is in software and they know pc gamers are dying for their exclusives. There’s literally no reason for them not to do it. Spider man will sell like hot cakes on steam.

Venom Snake

Agreed.

Yes, that's right. I've never understood that kind of goalkeeping, nor tribalism until the very collapse of the argument.
The hallmark of any healthy market is adoption, development and survival. If Sony can't keep a business based solely on sentiment, it simply has to evolve.
There are so many games that can be ported to pc, the foundation is solid and the money is waiting.

I just hope they have a good understanding of the pc gaming market and if they tie their future projects to this and other platforms they won't get caught two steps behind. When entering deep waters, they must pay special attention to the directions in which trends follow.

Hope they don't fuck this up.

It’s not going to collapse. If anything, they’re stronger than ever. The guy is just deluded looking for warriors to trigger.
Pitiful if you ask me.

Personally, i think that in order to ensure sustainable growth of their portfolio they need to change some patterns. And they do.
I hope they are going in the right direction tho, in the fucked up economy we all find ourselves in, mistakes and failures hurt twice as much.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Well they can always release their games day 1 on PC to make up for the loss. Meanwhile PC players will buy and play them in between the Xbox and PC games.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ignored me because I didn’t fit your pathetic narrative I see 😂😂😂😂😂
Whats there to ignore? You'll defend Sony to your last breath no matter what anyone writes. Youve been banned before for saying dumb things, so to tell anyone on this board about pathetic narratives youre the last one who should say it. You were just banned a month ago.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Didnt PlayStation mention they have like 12 Games as a Service games? Hopefully, I'm wrong. I want more diverse lineup.
10 by early 2026. Sounds like none for rest of this year. So that leaves the 10 for 2023, 2024, 2025 and Q1 2026. So about 3 per year assuming they are perfectly spread out starting in 2023.

If that number includes Bungie, they'll probably be a couple of those games alone. I'll assume none of those 10 games are The Show.

Sony Confirms It’ll Have 10 Live Service Games by March 2026​

By Alessio Palumbo
Feb 2, 2022 04:45 EST

During today's Q3 2021 earnings webcast, Sony confirmed it's planning to release ten live service games by March 2026. After many years of strict focus on single-player titles, the company is pushing heavily towards the Game as a Service (GaaS) business model.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Whats there to ignore? You'll defend Sony to your last breath no matter what anyone writes. Youve been banned before for saying dumb things, so to tell anyone on this board about pathetic narratives youre the last one who should say it. You were just banned a month ago.
dude I don’t care. They can port their games to Xbox or switch. It doesn’t matter, like, at all 😂 Sony will keep winning and making deluded haters like you angry. Stop being a sad hater.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
dude I don’t care. They can port their games to Xbox or switch. It doesn’t matter, like, at all 😂 Sony will keep winning and making deluded haters like you angry. Stop being a sad hater.
There you go. You support ports. Isn't it great more gamers can play the same game?

Kokoloko85

I dont care anymore.
Show something or stfu about it. We’ve never gone this amount of time only knowing 2 other games in development.

Everyone will have 85% of the games not shown, if they only show 2 games since September 2020 ( Spiderman 2- Wolverine )
No other 1st party games have been shown since September 2020…. This is why the show yesterday was awful. Nothing for PS5 exclusive

Kokoloko85

Any if Sony starts releases games everywhere they are no longer the best platform, no exclusives. Just a 3rd party machine and they will lose there identity.

If they release games on xbox, you might aswell get an xbox because then you’ll have some xbox exclusives….

Top Bottom