• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Halogaf Community Thread: The Old Becomes New

Im all for new maps as well but remakes have their place. Especially for such a long running series. Theres quite a few true staples.
I always looked at online Halo like a pickup game of basketball - and a proven map like Sanctuary as the basketball court. That map plays amazingly in every iteration of Halo its appeared - Halo gameplay just works on it.

I hope they give us a ton of officially made maps being that the game is basically a live service now.
I hope this is the case as well, but it would be nice if they also had some remakes. Hopefully Forge will be more robust and custom maps won't look like shit.

Wow!

This too. But the person playing is... not the best.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

I unlocked the original Halo demo character model for H2A. How cool is that?
Next week looks to be OG Xbox back accessory. I love it.

Wow!

This too. But the person playing is... not the best.

That's awesome! Here's another link to same info. Just go the email lol.

Link!

Edit: nevermind. Disregard link. I didn't see that you had the link to waypoint already. My bad lol.

And where are the CE post game stances? Also I wish these new weapon skins were universal and could be equipped in CE, Reach, and H4 too.

Last edited:
I finally watched the UNSC archives video and also the megablox video. Both were fantastic. I'm ready for Halo the movie already.

the dark knight rises GIF by HBO India

Edit: anyone else having trouble unlocking the Orion shoulders? Menu won't let me unlock them.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that Infinite multiplayer will kill the MCC multiplayer?
Yeah have to agree with everyone here. In the short-term numbers will definitely go down, but long-term they'll go back up. For me there isn't anything that can replace CE matchmaking. So I'll be returning quite often. Though my xbox one is struggling some with the TMCC.

I usually spawn a 1-2 seconds after the start of a match, which often results in my immediate death. And my console will crash at the start of a match roughly once a day or more. Sometimes I go a couple days without incident and sometimes I'll get dropped 2 or 3 times over the course of the day. Which ends up in annoying temp bans. Last night I was playing and my controller was having all sorts of issues with the connection. My aim would start waving all over the place and I'd have to sit and wait for the controller and box to link back up. Which also usually resulted in my immediate death. These issues are making me really want an xbox series console, an S at the least. Any chance MS will put the digital S console on sale for $250 for Black Friday here in the states? I think I'd be all over that if they did that. I think MS would make a killing if they did that.

Last edited:
Yeah have to agree with everyone here. In the short-term numbers will definitely go down, but long-term they'll go back up. For me there isn't anything that can replace CE matchmaking. So I'll be returning quite often. Though my xbox one is struggling some with the TMCC.

I usually spawn a 1-2 seconds after the start of a match, which often results in my immediate death. And my console will crash at the start of a match roughly once a day or more. Sometimes I go a couple days without incident and sometimes I'll get dropped 2 or 3 times over the course of the day. Which ends up in annoying temp bans. Last night I was playing and my controller was having all sorts of issues with the connection. My aim would start waving all over the place and I'd have to sit and wait for the controller and box to link back up. Which also usually resulted in my immediate death. These issues are making me really want an xbox series console, an S at the least. Any chance MS will put the digital S console on sale for $250 for Black Friday here in the states? I think I'd be all over that if they did that. I think MS would make a killing if they did that.
I doubt price drops will occur with short supplies going on still.

Based on Staten's comments a few months ago I'm pretty damn confident that at least part of those "campaigns" are gonna be about your multiplayer Spartan. AKA, trying Spartan Ops again. Let's just hope it turns out better than the first attempt did...

Hey but at least no flossing lol

"There are certain things that for sure won't be in the battle pass, though. Like, say, uncharacteristic emotes.

"We struggled a lot with dance moves for Spartans. We feel that more traditional players would reject Master Chief flossing. However, [Personal] AI can go crazy. AI can do what it wants to do. That way you can preserve the militaristic feel without having to break what you would consider canon. Unless of course Joseph [Staten] makes up a whole new story about dancing Master Chief, but until that happens, [we have Personal AI]," Hook said with a laugh."

Last edited:
The AI's didn't bother me as much.. I wonder just how many will be available to choose from or do you think what was shown in the preview is all of them? Is there no way to disable them in matchmaking?

Last edited:
Hey it looks like the new waypoint revamp is live. Looks good at first glance but I'll have to navigate the menus a bit and see if I actually like the new layout.

FANCY FORUMS
"And, finally, my personal favorite, the long-awaited Halo Waypoint forum refresh is here!"

Progession-1024x830.png

Forums
"You can find a link to the forums in the top nav bar and jump back in. For those on mobile, the forums are well optimized for web view or you may opt to browse via the Discourse app (available on iOS and Android) instead. The choice is yours and from having checked them both out, the experience is fairly similar. The forums have been streamlined, updated, and given a total face lift. While they’re not here yet, we’re working to bring over the existing forum posts so don’t worry, all is not lost forever! (As someone with more posts than I care to admit, this made me exceptionally happy.) Regulars will notice that the Community Support forums have been removed and this is an intentional change to ensure that all support related requests go directly to Halo Support so they can best serve you, the community."

Last edited:
All I know is that I'm putting the Superintendent AI on and then never engaging with the system again. IMO the other AIs are pretty damn annoying.

Chief voice in Reach while headshotting Jackals in firefight was amazing...Scratch One Covenant. I recall being the last man standing of a squad of mates doing achievos and them just having to listen to my Chief saying scratch one covenant over and over until I finish the last wave needed with the last life.

I jumped online earlier today to knock out the one challenge that requires winning 2 competitive matches in TMCC. What happens? 10 game losing streak lol. I was so frustrated. Like even if I'm not playing the best I should eventually luck into a good team. Didn't matter what playlist either. I tried reach hardcore, H3 slayer, CE hardcore doubles, and H4 squad battle. I finally got it finished but I was so dejected. Thought I would be playing for an hour at most and end up doing several...

Last edited:

Havoc2049

I jumped online earlier today to knock out the one challenge that requires winning 2 competitive matches in TMCC. What happens? 10 game losing streak lol. I was so frustrated. Like even if I'm not playing the best I should eventually luck into a good team. Didn't matter what playlist either. I tried reach hardcore, H3 slayer, CE hardcore doubles, and H4 squad battle. I finally got it finished but I was so dejected. Thought I would be playing for an hour at most and end up doing several...
Going into ranked matches solo is no bueno.

The marketing is everywhere for halo. From pop tarts to gaming headsets. I bought some rockstars for a couple of coatings.
Yeah there has been a significant upward trend in advertising and pr for the game. 343 has been slowly trickling more of these archive videos while ign has scheduled info drops up until launch. And then is all of the promotions with rockstar drinks and pringles and whatever else.

EDIT: On a side note my game pass ultimate expired but I've still been able to do matchmaking in TMCC. I don't have a gold subscription either. Is TMCC now free to play or is it something else? I'm afraid to quit out of the game as perhaps logging back in would sync the expired subscription.

Edit 2: I'm seriously thinking about doing that monthly payment for a series x or series s. If I did it would you recommend the series x or series s? Leaning toward the series s only because it's cheaper but dunno.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Yeah there has been a significant upward trend in advertising and pr for the game. 343 has been slowly trickling more of these archive videos while ign has scheduled info drops up until launch. And then is all of the promotions with rockstar drinks and pringles and whatever else.

EDIT: On a side note my game pass ultimate expired but I've still been able to do matchmaking in TMCC. I don't have a gold subscription either. Is TMCC now free to play or is it something else? I'm afraid to quit out of the game as perhaps logging back in would sync the expired subscription.

Edit 2: I'm seriously thinking about doing that monthly payment for a series x or series s. If I did it would you recommend the series x or series s? Leaning toward the series s only because it's cheaper but dunno.
The Xbox All Access seems to be the easiest way to get a Series console these days. I would go with the Series X, as it has more power and SSD space, but the Series S might be easier to find available. The difference between the two is only $10 a month.

Just found that Telstra (the only group doing Xbox all Access here in Australia) have Series X in stock. Managed to grab one!
Nice, I found it the best way to buy as well. By the time you add it all up vs straight up purchases it's a great deal just pay a monthly fee and game away.

h00ters

Nice, I found it the best way to buy as well. By the time you add it all up vs straight up purchases it's a great deal just pay a monthly fee and game away.
I'm thinking of just cancelling it as soon as it arrives. At that point you just pay $750 for early termination and it's yours. Not sure if you get to keep the 2 years of Gamepass or if that's applied as a month by month type of arrangement, but I've already got about 2 years left of it as it stands anyway.

I'm thinking of just cancelling it as soon as it arrives. At that point you just pay $750 for early termination and it's yours. Not sure if you get to keep the 2 years of Gamepass or if that's applied as a month by month type of arrangement, but I've already got about 2 years left of it as it stands anyway.
Evil. I like it.

The process Staten used to create that screenshot is really interesting. He had to place all the pieces individually using a stopwatch.

EDIT:
Some new minor campaign info coming out tomorrow from this interview:

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Was this posted?

- Additional career progression system is in the works, but it will take time.
- Jeff Steitzer voice for BTB will come post launch
- Greater PC Performance optimization for launch
- Adjustments to the cone angle of aim assist for weapons, no red reticle remains
- Working increased knockback and physics for post launch (Grenade jumping, Grav Hammer) but the current player collision will remain for now
- No Drop Wall and Threat Sensor buffs for now, will monitor it over live

Lots of other things, but I skimmed it.

Was this posted?

- Additional career progression system is in the works, but it will take time.
- Jeff Steitzer voice for BTB will come post launch
- Greater PC Performance optimization for launch
- Adjustments to the cone angle of aim assist for weapons, no red reticle remains
- Working increased knockback and physics for post launch (Grenade jumping, Grav Hammer) but the current player collision will remain for now
- No Drop Wall and Threat Sensor buffs for now, will monitor it over live

Lots of other things, but I skimmed it.
Nope. I was trying to read it first but it's a long read lol.

It's good to hear Steitzer is coming back for BTB but they're seriously not changing the player collision thing? Who in the hell was asking for this? In my 20 years following this franchise I don't think I've ever seen a single person ask for it to be disabled.

YukiOnna

It's good to hear Steitzer is coming back for BTB but they're seriously not changing the player collision thing? Who in the hell was asking for this? In my 20 years following this franchise I don't think I've ever seen a single person ask for it to be disabled.
At the very least they are open to adjusting it, but yeah it was a weird change to begin with.

Yeah i don't get that either. Bad decision imo. Hopefully they change it.

Naked Lunch

No mention of the AR in that post.
Ive never been an AR hater but even I admit it was crazy strong in the 2nd flight - especially its range.

Not a fan of expanding the radar range for BTB. Its already difficult enough playing CTF offense and trying to be sneaky with the upped player count.

Reading it now

ign-banished-marine-grunt-1636649328303.png

I liked this excerpt: "I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the Grunt and Marine dialogue. I'd like to give whoever wrote them a solid thumbs up. They're hilarious. The Grunts are as silly and oddly confident as ever and have a surprising number of lines."

I love grunts and this makes me excited to hear more of their silly dialogue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom