• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AccountNGT: PlayStation news could come within a few hours, according to his source

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Any minute now….

truck anticipation GIF

ANIMAL1975

I'm really not.

Again, I have some friends in the gaming industry. These aren't SVPs or anything, so your mileage may vary.

I don't have a blog or podcast, so I'm not really trying to stake my reputation here, either. I am relaying what I have heard secondhand, and the value of that information is not what I'd call solid gold.
Thanks mate

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
We're making topics about random Tweets now ?

There's gonna be a lot of insiders making vague tweets until the news actually comes out this week lol

skit_data

It's Armored Core 6,

this explains the rumor being somethign related fo FS and Bandai and Greg saying it was 'interesting':

Sounds like someone took some pieces from Dune, mechs and called it Armored Core 6.

Edit: Unless Melange is a common term in previous installments, I haven’t played them so IDK.

Last edited:
You know 23 hours can be called hours before it should be called a day, so this account owner rolled the dice on news breaking on Tuesday and create this 'it's imminent' post...
Also everyone knows most PS announcements come Mondays and Tuesdays plus there is already another confirmed source from that VGC article saying it's early in the week...

It's Armored Core 6,

this explains the rumor being somethign related fo FS and Bandai and Greg saying it was 'interesting':

Wait, FS just released one of the best games of all time and they will announce a new game right away? That doesn't make any sense to me.

kingfey

Banned
Sony doing news at night is funny.

Unless it's morning or noon, that news will not get alot of traction.

adamsapple

Sony doing news at night is funny.

Unless it's morning or noon, that news will not get alot of traction.
It's already morning in Japan.

Provided this news is supposed to come out of Japan int he first place.

Sony's key leadership is in EU now.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
So, the sources I have (yes, I have some connections in the gaming world) are saying it's about From and something about Capcom and possibly Konami.

The current confidence level is hovering around 20-30%, so find a GIANT grain of salt and don't wager any money you can't afford to lose.

Edit: Sorry, not From, but Bandai-Namco.
Bandai purchase would get them the Elden Ring IP, it’d make sense to get From as well.

You’re rumour sounds like it’s to coincide with Spartacus, to give them a massive library boost.

elliot5

Bandai purchase would get them the Elden Ring IP, it’d make sense to get From as well.

You’re rumour sounds like it’s to coincide with Spartacus, to give them a massive library boost.
Why would it get them the Elden Ring IP? How do you know From doesn’t own it and bandai simply publishes it

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Why would it get them the Elden Ring IP? How do you know From doesn’t own it and bandai simply publishes it
Bandai owns the Dark Souls IP, Sony owns Demons and Bloodborne IP, not sure if it’s been outright stated but it’d make sense Bandai would therefore own Elden Ring too.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Bandai owns the Dark Souls IP, Sony owns Demons and Bloodborne IP, not sure if it’s been outright stated but it’d make sense Bandai would therefore own Elden Ring too.
I don't think sony will spend 15b in bandai namco when they already get all their content

adamsapple

Isnt Sony in the US?

I thought they were based on California.

If the announcement is supposed to come out of Japan it makes sense to come out during the day time in Japan.

But if it's Spartacus or something it'll probably be a suitable time for a WW announcement, which would be tomorrow morning-ish time in the US, which is afternoon in EU and still somewhat evening in Japan.

Top Bottom