• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision is becoming DEI heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Grummz posted a Twitter thread with screenshots of internal documents from Activision laying out their DEI plans. Activision doubles down on diversity, equity and inclusion to a scary degree.

"
Leak: Activision Blizzard is too far gone and infested with DEI. They recently circulated a 3 year plan for even more woke in games:
- "DE&I (DEI) are woven into the fabric of all our efforts, serving as the cornerstone of our planning process."
- Presents a 3 year Roadmap 2024-2026 "The Inclusion Strategy Map."
- "Every element of the game development cycle and pipeline touches DE&I (DEI) in some way."
- AI voice chat moderation to enforce DEI compliance with players.
- The Inclusive Game Design Council staffed with external experts (you can guess) and academia to "empower" teams to be inclusive.
- "Embed exposure to DE&I "programming" from Day 1 for all new employees.
- Building safe spaces inside the company for every group under the sun.
- Plans to diversify representation in characters and stories.
- Integrate the inclusive creative process into all games, with focus groups lead by Marketing and DEI teams.
- Uses DEI goal setting to foster accountability. (this is probably related to the DEI score on review that I mentioned before).
- Hosts an internal live video series "Press Pause" that trains employees on Diversity Storytelling and Culture of Support.
- Hosts Cultural Events continuously internally.
- Quotes debunked research that "diverse teams outperform"
- Thinks celebrating hip-hop in Call of Duty creates inclusiveness.
- Backs and attends numerous DEI panels.
- Is conducting research into removing the "bias" from their AI efforts (i.e. uncomfortable truths).
- Thinks having taco vendors and coffee carts counts as "diversifying supplier chain."
- Tracks an "inclusion score" for every employee.
- Uses advanced tech tools in hiring to look for inclusive language and diverse people and implement "inclusive hiring processes." (i.e. quotas).
- Creates manager incentives and "succession plans that mitigate bias".
- Ensure marketing is culturally sensitive.
- Inclusive Game Design: Introducing more characters like Catbat, first non-binary character voiced by gender-fluid actor who "uses all pronouns" in Crash Team Rumble."

FGUT0Lm.jpeg
4rf6fnx.jpeg
jfZWyI3.jpeg
8TwbVEk.jpeg
WveuCid.jpeg
KIoV1RI.jpeg
JkGLdC0.jpeg
tRSjwev.jpeg
FjbKS9h.jpeg
IQTgVAz.jpeg

diffusionx

Gold Member
Yea, no shit. Blizzard announced a big DEI hiring initiative like in... 2017 or 2018. What do you think those new hires want more of? This stuff only goes in one direction.

I wish "more diversity" meant more bandicoots, dragons, and skateboards, but it actually means more rappers, vitiligo, and samoan tattoos.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
William "B.J." Blazkowicz is gonna be a Zionist and the enemy in the next Wolfenstein.

Whoops, that's Bethesda, who prob doesn't have DEI.

Last edited:
Hmm, how can we increase our profits? Oh I know, lets cater to the less than 25% of the market!!!
Sadly, it seems that 25% has taken over gaming and infected pretty much every developer in the process. A lot of those people are working for these studios and that’s why this shite is being pushed so much. Just look at some of the pics and the people in it. The people running the companies allowed it to fester out of fear of being targeted and called out as homophobic or transphobic. So they have gone all in and embraced this cuckery and are now over promoting it because these lunatics want 24/7 recognition or they start to screech. The end result will only push away the dedicated consumers who want none of this garbage and hopefully that will make these games and companies tank. In the end money talks and all the bullshit talk about DEI and inclusion wilts when compared to profit.

Last edited:

Sushi_Combo

Hoping you guys are considering starting or have already started a collection of games from the 6th-7th gen. More and more, that era is turning into the last bastion of freedom of expression and the last best time to have enjoyed the hobby without any of this bullshit drowning out the joy.
Gen 7 was so fucking good dude. Ps3 is just beside my Ps5 and have been firing it up on occasion.

d9YWb6f.png

This "large body of research" is almost universal BS.

Corporations who got bamboozled by DEI consultants into believing this nonsense haven't seen it manifest in their profit margins this year, which are single-digit for many Fortune 500 companies. I can speak only for the megacorpo that I work for, but we've cut back heavily on DEI investment because besides the virtue-signaling PR benefits, it has produced zero net gain for the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom