• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision is becoming DEI heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmlDan

People laughed at me but it’s time to wake up boys:

Q6B4OZn.jpeg
im not sure about "booming business" lol, it adds no monetary value to my corporation but it's good PR. I guess it depends on the corporation, but i know many have been downsized since they are the first to go when we have cuts, you're right though, i don't see it going away anytime soon and will likely get bigger before it (ever) crashes

FStubbs

Nearly every big company is doing this, including the every group for every demo (except religion, for some vague reason).

There are too many damn cooks in all these companies. Layoffs are kinda good, in a way. A diverse group can fuck up a unified vision quite easily (i.e. diversity isn't necessarily productive or better by default).

There is a reason some cultures tell the west to piss off; you think China wants to tell a Chinese wuxia story based on a black person's feelings? No, they'll tell it based on centuries of history first, and that relates to them/their demographics first.

And why is it always black diaspora that's heavily on these things, and noticing Filipinos more and more. Black people have had incredibly successful media for ages, why do we keep forgetting as if they're still ignored? Even East Asians had but never capitalized properly post Crouching Tiger/Hero/Crazy Rich Asians, you can't blame white people when even they went and watched/consumed (news flash, people will consume content if it's entertaining/good).

I'm still pissed off that whenever these groups quote or use some study/person, that source almost always is some crap that can be refuted, challenged or are straight up lies. Wasn't there that black dude who was caught living a persona or something and was grifting money off of many businesses? It's never some actually successful in a meaningful way e.g. a senior engineer, a credible actor, probably because the truth is they worked and studied hard, as should anyone, to get where they are instead of grifting and being entitled shits.
So a couple of questions on the first bolded part:

Define "ages".

Then second, this is a gaming forum. Where is this alleged success in gaming?

For the second bolded part, explain what you mean, in light of the first bolded part where you made the claim that black people are "incredibly successful".

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm very pleased I didn't spend more than 30 seconds looking at the destructive and insane nonsense in those slides. I don't think ABK has made a good game since 2016 or so, so this makes sense. I'm very pleased to just ignore their games for eternity, or at least until they recover from this, which will probably be another 10 years, if ever.

Schmendrick

Yeah I don't know what they called it at MS/Xbox but yes straight white males were behind the curve and had to make up ground as gender/race and sexual orientation of certain groups scored points that the straight white male were not given

At least thats how it was a few years ago and could have been scrapped by now but I highly doubt it
I´m fairly certain that this is against the law even in the clownshow that current corporate USA is.
If a white MS employee could proove that this exists that would be easy money....

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Fine.

Fuck it. Let them do it. Either it'll be a roaring success for them with the audience, or it'll be an abject fucking failure. They're a shit company, who have been shit for many years. Absolutely no loss to the video gaming industry if they fall to pieces chasing things that don't result in good games or a successful business.

Zero point getting angry or whiny about this stuff. Just let them do it, and move on to something else.
Isn't cod too big to fail tho?

Pretty much like spiderman.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Do we have data on DEI departments being closed? I’ve seen massive layoffs at my company. None at DEI departments.

Those are imposed by Black Rock money, the only safety belt of these companies run with a public-subsidized mindset. That's why their dumb employees believe they can antagonize their fanbase without consequences, because "they don't need their money".

Then, reality hits and there starts the cycle of layoffs, winning at Twitter and appealing to those fans they disrespected while they had a job.

Nowadays, when a studio shutdown happens my reaction is either indifference or straight-up cheering.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
- Thinks celebrating hip-hop in Call of Duty creates inclusiveness.
Didn’t you know - black people cannot live without their guns. At least according to white rainbow brigade.

Also - these slides are terrible, anyone there knows the difference between a presentation and a report?

Game creation process in the worst timeline thus far:

1. Filter your potential hires through a DEI panel of recruiting and HR predicated on immutable characteristics and sexual preference instead of actual experience
2. Ensure idea of game is filtered through the latest best practices of DEI
3. Scrap any creativity or artistic integrity for the sake of injecting DEI ideology
4. Develop and release game, pay useful idiots and other influencers/reviewers to hype
5. Blame and label anyone who doesn't like game as a *phobe
6. Release tattoo pack and other skin based pandering packages at inflated prices into game's marketplace
7. Recirculate DEI slides within company explaining how wonderful everything is / give everyone a cyber handjob.

Employees with a brain know it's all bullshit and just want to work and pay their bills - everyone is too scared to speak up because their livelihood is now tethered to the cult-like brain rot which is ironically a form of racism.
Make no mistake the product will suffer as a result, the question is will anyone give a damn and keep eating the trash they put out to reward it. There are tons of older games out there that deserved to be played that can last a lifetime, don't reward these companies.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
d9YWb6f.png

This "large body of research" is almost universal BS.

Corporations who got bamboozled by DEI consultants into believing this nonsense haven't seen it manifest in their profit margins this year, which are single-digit for many Fortune 500 companies. I can speak only for the megacorpo that I work for, but we've cut back heavily on DEI investment because besides the virtue-signaling PR benefits, it has produced zero net gain for the bottom line.
It’s the same argument that including more women in leadership positions boost women hiring rates. “Lean In” championed it, became a cornerstone of corporate feminism - now there is almost a universal consensus there is not enough data to conclude this is indeed the case. Not to mentioned corporate feminism is (rightfully) dead.

Eiknarf

Those race/gender statistics will never not be dehumanising. Whatever happened to making the best quality games..
Imagine sports did that????

Sports are the only thing unaffected by the DEI bullshit.

Why is the model, “you have to be good enough to make the team” okay for sports, but not okay for a corporation or a game company?

Doesn’t everybody want the humans who makeup the team or group or company to be filled with people of merit and who’s best?

Last edited:

Schmendrick

eh

south-park-transgender.gif

Doesn’t everybody want the humans who makeup the team or group or company to be filled with people of merit and who’s best?
We have diversity quotas at some universities and even in STEM workplaces....so I guess a lot of people don`t want a merit based system.

Last edited:

PeteBull

- AI voice chat moderation to enforce DEI compliance with players.

There will be many bans.
U would be surprised how many liberal (on the outside, forced by circumstances of being succesfull etc) ppl talk so much different in their private convos, n-words thrown left and right, and they arent shy with alphabet/transformers ppl either, obviously its in private chat durning chillin/gaming with friends, not official business language ;p

Jeez, even worst than Take-Two's SGF 2021 conference....

...anybody remember that?

Anyway just one more reason I'm gonna chillax on the modern industry. Got better things to do with my time.

Not even gonna read all this bullshit. But celebrating Hip Hop and Minaj as examples of "Black Culture", holy cow.

You Americans made a good film recently. Reminds me of it, can recommend.

57MFWGHarg9jid7yfDTka4RmcMU.jpg

Modern mainstream hip-hop is complete garbage commercialized beyond recognizability (or being good for your health).

Basically, the music equivalent of canola oil. So that part made me chuckle.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Why is the model, “you have to be good enough to make the team” okay for sports, but not okay for a corporation or a game company?

*Professional mens sports are largely unaffected

A lot of men lately identifying as woman and playing their sport though

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
People laughed at me but it’s time to wake up boys:

Q6B4OZn.jpeg

Yea, lots of racist mentally challenged ingrates at companies who push the idea that the only thing that matters are immutable characteristics, but only specific ones designated as “oppressed”.

DEI continues to remain an openly racist, regressive, and pathetic concept that should have never taken hold in the west.

hinch7

I mean there are trans in women sports that were making waves. But a lot of women boycotted competitions just for the unfairness of it all. I mean there's a reason why you don't see the opposite happening with a trans women going into male sports.

Thankfully a lot of companies have stopped investing so much in DEI and just focus on what their customers actually want. As they should.

Last edited:

simpatico

This is why you don’t hire those people. Terms like toxic and cancer get thrown around a lot these days but it’s the perfect description of these DEI people. It will rot your business from the core, and if it’s there for too long it becomes impossible to cut out

DryvBy

I swear, the progressive movement is meant to just be insanely confusing.

Can some progressive explain to me if I'm allowed to even participate? This DEI stuff is suggesting they want me involved in black culture, but for years we were told that was cultural appropriation to participate in different cultures. And I thought using black gifs and being a black avatar in a game or in social platforms was digital blackface.

This is happening in every single public company, and it's all about money. It may sound like conspiracy, but it's actually pretty basic. Nearly all retirement fund allocation is done by Blackrock, Vanguard, or State Street. All three of these are heavily involved in pushing an agenda created by the The Human Rights Campaign. This is why they started changing allocation of funds based on scoring factors they determined through "ESG" lens rather than pure performance. If you want to score well in these factors you need to do a whole shitload of this kind of posturing, and then you can get more funding, or have greater allocations, both which drive up your stock price. Another part of this is public companies can rank higher in these scores if they source from companies which fit the agenda, so suppliers or vendors also dress themselves up in this performative shit so that their "virtue" can be used by companies to up their scores. Altogether it leads to one big circlejerk where every company is trying to do as much performative shit to help the "oppressed" as possible, all while not really doing anything valuable at all.

I used to work for a private utility company that was public. While many of the office staff and administration were progressive (As well as a lot of customers, since it is based in a super progressive liberal city), 80% of the employees in the company were blue collar workers (linemen, power plant operators, etc...). The company had to be really careful to tow the line. They did all of the bullshit you see in these slides. Had a chief diversity officer, celebrated transgender employees, etc.... But they were super careful to not "advertise" among employees much because so many people hated that shit.

WitchHunter

Banned
When will someone go out and ask lmbtqabcdef...z people what the fuck they think about this DEI shit. Do they even give a fuck about whether they are represented in a game or not? I don't know, I didn't care about people's skin color and wanting to have a conversation with a white someone when I was in a country where 90% of pepl were black. But everyone was watching us, white monkeys roaming around in black ppl land, but were never harassed in any way. Average ppl just don't give a fuck about these mind games.

Can some progressive explain to me if I'm allowed to even participate? This DEI stuff is suggesting they want me involved in black culture, but for years we were told that was cultural appropriation to participate in different cultures. And I thought using black gifs and being a black avatar in a game or in social platforms was digital blackface.
I used to have a friend, whom we [mod edit out] each other day and night, as white guys :D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxkis_ii

Don't listen to crazy people on either side.

The gold standard is still :
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom