• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision is becoming DEI heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Almost like after Ybarra left Xbox I had mentioned around here that Xbox had a point system of sorts where certain groups could get several points over say a straight white male before even walking into an office for a job/promotion interview

Season 2 Shrug GIF by The Office

Blood Borne

Why do white people hate themselves so much?

I’m not even white and the stuff irritates me. It’s like they’re going out of their way to appease everyone by shitting and disadvantaging themselves. Like some sort of guilt on steroids.

One thing for sure though, the first step in combating this self-destructive woke disorder is to stop simping for women. Giving women unearned power and privileges is a one-way road to hell.

If these Western developers actually put all this effort into making good, polished games with stuff people want instead of all this DEI garbage, they might actually be dangerous. It’s reasons like this why I really root for games like Stellar Blade, Tekken 8, Black Myth: Wukong, Lies of P, Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, FF7: Rebirth and so on. They are trying to appeal to more groups, but it is getting so tiresome, predictable and even perturbing that they put this before making good games.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
If these Western developers actually put all this effort into making good, polished games with stuff people want instead of all this DEI garbage, they might actually be dangerous. It’s reasons like this why I really root for games like Stellar Blade, Tekken 8, Black Wukong, Lies of P, Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, FF7: Rebirth and so on. This is getting so tiresome, predictable and even perturbing.
Because capitalism. Blame capitalism. They’re looking to sell the MOST to MOST people. Enter DEI capitalism. These are the biggest devs in the business.

Vote with your wallet.

Schmendrick

I don`t see an issue.

So the big publishers are going completely cuckoo in the head...I can always chose to simply not buy their stuff.
Why would we as consumers care when we have tons and tons and tons of alternatives?

Calm down, take a deep breath and just ignore those clowns. The suits would immediately adapt to make holocaus simulators if they thought it would bring in more money, they don`t care about ideology any more than we do.

Last edited:
Sadly, it seems that 25% has taken over gaming and infected pretty much every developer in the process. A lot of those people are working for these studios and that’s why this shite is being pushed so much. Just look at some of the pics and the people in it. The people running the companies allowed it to fester out of fear of being targeted and called out as homophobic or transphobic. So they have gone all in and embraced this cuckery and are now over promoting it because these lunatics want 24/7 recognition or they start to screech. The end result will only push away the dedicated consumers who want none of this garbage and hopefully that will make these games and companies tank. In the end money talks and all the bullshit talk about DEI and inclusion wilts when compared to profit.
I think culturally and in some businesses people are starting to back away from all this DEI stuff. Hollyweird and media will be the last to back off it though, so I expect it to get worse for awhile in our entertainment content while actually getting less of it elsewhere.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
I don`t see an issue.

So the big publisher are going completely cuckoo in the head...I can always chose to simply not buy their stuff.
Why would we as consumers care when we have tons and tons and tons of alternatives?

Calm down, take a deep breath and just ignore those clowns. The suites would immediately adapt to make holocaus simulators if they thought it would bring in more money, they don`t care about ideology any more than we do.

This hasn't worked, since the plague has infected pretty much everything. It's everywhere in the west: cinema, videogames, books.

The right move is not buying anything from them and saying WHY aloud.

Hudo

I feel this is normal for most big-ass corporations. ActiBlizz got cought in sex scandals and abuse shit not too long ago. So they overcorrect to the other extreme. And hopefully, after a couple of years of that, the pendulum will get back to the middle.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

Kind of doesn't align with their alleged Ethics does it.
no shit hahaha

but if masterchief turns trans
rainbow flags everywhere
me forced to log in saying white people bad
no more option to select male or female in games
any random 2024 idea of inclusive

i would agree in a heartbeat if MTX got removed

but they won't because money.

all that stuff is white noise to me
MTX is that one bitch that steals your car

Lambogenie

Nearly every big company is doing this, including the every group for every demo (except religion, for some vague reason).

There are too many damn cooks in all these companies. Layoffs are kinda good, in a way. A diverse group can fuck up a unified vision quite easily (i.e. diversity isn't necessarily productive or better by default).

There is a reason some cultures tell the west to piss off; you think China wants to tell a Chinese wuxia story based on a black person's feelings? No, they'll tell it based on centuries of history first, and that relates to them/their demographics first.

And why is it always black diaspora that's heavily on these things, and noticing Filipinos more and more. Black people have had incredibly successful media for ages, why do we keep forgetting as if they're still ignored? Even East Asians had but never capitalized properly post Crouching Tiger/Hero/Crazy Rich Asians, you can't blame white people when even they went and watched/consumed (news flash, people will consume content if it's entertaining/good).

I'm still pissed off that whenever these groups quote or use some study/person, that source almost always is some crap that can be refuted, challenged or are straight up lies. Wasn't there that black dude who was caught living a persona or something and was grifting money off of many businesses? It's never some actually successful in a meaningful way e.g. a senior engineer, a credible actor, probably because the truth is they worked and studied hard, as should anyone, to get where they are instead of grifting and being entitled shits.

FunkMiller

Fine.

Fuck it. Let them do it. Either it'll be a roaring success for them with the audience, or it'll be an abject fucking failure. They're a shit company, who have been shit for many years. Absolutely no loss to the video gaming industry if they fall to pieces chasing things that don't result in good games or a successful business.

Zero point getting angry or whiny about this stuff. Just let them do it, and move on to something else.

Last edited:
Every large company is doing this, it's not just a gaming thing. It's mostly so they have something they can point to and go "Look, we're doing something!" when people inevitably complain.

MiguelItUp

Honestly, I couldn't care any less. It just depends on how everything is integrated into games for me. If it comes from a place of honesty and passion, then it won't bug me. If it feels pander-y and otherwise, then it will irk me more for sure. But no knee jerk reactions from me here.

StereoVsn

I should show you the DEI presentation from FMCG retail company (one of the top 10 worldwide). Is not that different...
Yeah, that shit is everywhere in all the major Western corporations. So much money wasted.

And then of course layoffs come to minimize costs. But of course it’s not the people actually wasting money that are fired.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Wait. Is that what the inclusion score is? Straight white men are put at a disadvantage?
Yeah I don't know what they called it at MS/Xbox but yes straight white males were behind the curve and had to make up ground as gender/race and sexual orientation of certain groups scored points that the straight white male were not given

At least thats how it was a few years ago and could have been scrapped by now but I highly doubt it

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Wait. Is that what the inclusion score is? Straight white men are put at a disadvantage?

Of course. Hollywood scripts and game pitches are approved/discarded on the same basis. If your main character is "diverse" your script gets more points. If the villain is a Caucasian man, more points. If there's somebody with disabilities... blablabla. That's why you see so many characters with the full scorecard: black, gay, woman, and disabled. (instead of making four different characters with these separate traits).

And the same applies to publishing companies, I know this first hand (more like suffer it first hand).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom