• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 Physical Deluxe and Collector's Editions will be releasing this fall, with pre-orders starting tomorrow

AW2_10-08-23_002.jpg

Physical Edition and Limited Collector’s Edition​

Pre-orders for both start on June 8, 2024. The physical Deluxe Edition will be published on October 22, 2024 by publisher Epic Games, developed by Remedy Entertainment. It will be available for $80 on the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.

It includes the base game, Digital Deluxe Edition items including Nordic Shotgun Skin for Saga; Parliament Shotgun Skin for Alan; Crimson Windbreaker for Saga; Celebrity Suit for Alan; the Lantern Charm for Saga; Expansion Pass (includes Night Springs and The Lake House); Reversible cover sleeve with exclusive artwork; Alan Wake Remastered Digital Edition (as a code in the box).

The Limited Collector’s Edition, created by Limited Run, is published by Epic Games and developed by Remedy Entertainment. It will be available in November 2024 on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S for $200.

It includes the base game; Digital Deluxe Edition items including Nordic Shotgun Skin for Saga; Parliament Shotgun Skin for Alan; Crimson Windbreaker for Saga; Celebrity Suit for Alan; Lantern Charm for Saga. It has the Expansion Pass (includes Night Springs and The Lake House); Reversible cover sleeve with exclusive artwork; Alan Wake Remastered Digital Edition (as a code in the box); Comes in an exclusive Collector’s Edition box; Alan Wake’s Angel Lamp replica (functional with a light); Ocean View Hotel; Keychain and key (room 665); Coffee World pin set and Alan Wake 2 artbook.

GPgc6UAWgAA_gQX

ajhDZM4.png
Z60SViA.png

Last edited:
Did they announce a price? Not paying above $70.
Actually nvm. I see some new details so I'll update the OP lol.

Physical Edition and Limited Collector’s Edition​

Pre-orders for both start on June 8, 2024. The physical Deluxe Edition will be published on October 22, 2024 by publisher Epic Games, developed by Remedy Entertainment. It will be available for $80 on the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.

It includes the base game, Digital Deluxe Edition items including Nordic Shotgun Skin for Saga; Parliament Shotgun Skin for Alan; Crimson Windbreaker for Saga; Celebrity Suit for Alan; the Lantern Charm for Saga; Expansion Pass (includes Night Springs and The Lake House); Reversible cover sleeve with exclusive artwork; Alan Wake Remastered Digital Edition (as a code in the box).

The Limited Collector’s Edition, created by Limited Run, is published by Epic Games and developed by Remedy Entertainment. It will be available in November 2024 on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S for $200.

It includes the base game; Digital Deluxe Edition items including Nordic Shotgun Skin for Saga; Parliament Shotgun Skin for Alan; Crimson Windbreaker for Saga; Celebrity Suit for Alan; Lantern Charm for Saga. It has the Expansion Pass (includes Night Springs and The Lake House); Reversible cover sleeve with exclusive artwork; Alan Wake Remastered Digital Edition (as a code in the box); Comes in an exclusive Collector’s Edition box; Alan Wake’s Angel Lamp replica (functional with a light); Ocean View Hotel; Keychain and key (room 665); Coffee World pin set and Alan Wake 2 artbook.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

That's good news, but it's going to release without The Lake House on disc, right? I don't see them finishing both expansions in the upcoming months.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That's good news, but it's going to release without The Lake House on disc, right? I don't see them finishing both expansions in the upcoming months.

The blurb says it includes both. Plenty of time between now and November to release the second DLC. Likely it will be out at or before the games first anniversary in October.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Gold Member
Great, the gaffers who complained about not picking it up cause of this can put their money where their mouth is, now.
What's with you and putting things in mouths? Keep your fetishes for yourself please, we don't want to know about apples, balls, money or anything else you like to keep in there.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Gold Member
Great, the gaffers who complained about not picking it up cause of this can put their money where their mouth is, now.
....maybe.

We'll see about that price and then make a choice on it.

Blame themselves for being dumb lol

They fucked around, they found out. Games cost way too much money to fucking make, to literally remove an option to purchase and then act shocked when they get less sales lol

What's with you and putting things in mouths? Keep your fetishes for yourself please, we don't want to know about apples, balls, money or anything else you like to keep in there.
lol yea I agree.

Just cause we didn't buy it at launch cause they didn't have a physical version, doesn't mean put it on physical is a day 1 for all of us. Apple needs to consider the following, that day 1 choice to purchase is also subject to reviews, which means now that many have gotten to see the reception of the game, reviews, online footage, it means those that MAY HAVE bought it day on disk, may not seek to buy it at all regardless of method of purchase.

It means they may have lost a sale for life. So I don't think this will sell 100% the difference of those who wanted it on disk. Those of us who wanted it day 1, had zero idea of what the final game would be.

So once that hype is gone, your sales will suffer too post launch as WHAT the game is, is already known, talked about and reviewed and that will be factored by the time that physical version released. Unknown hype is still a selling factor.

Blame themselves for being dumbasses regarding this.

Limited distribution methods, limited sales.

StereoVsn

Wait, is there an actual physical version of the game inside?

“Alan Wake Remastered Digital Edition (as a code in the box).”.

makaveli60

Shame that they didn’t release it like this. I have it digitally plus the dlcs so I don’t plan buying ig but I would have never chosen digital if physical was available.

Kupfer

Gonna add some tags here and my reply from last year. :p

Quezacolt Quezacolt Sleepwalker Sleepwalker Alan Wake Alan Wake TidusYuna TidusYuna Kupfer Kupfer

Maybe you guys are still interested in picking up AW2 now that they've announced they'll be doing a physical release. ^^
Definitely. Saw it live yesterday and was delighted with the announcement.
It was worth the wait :)

Recently had the same thought
Hopefully there will be a physical complete edition in a few months

Last edited:

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
I clicked the post thinking. “Hah, this is probably just hints of a PS5 release”, but I see that is actually the case. Sony saving the day again. This would never be on disc if it was PC/Xbox exclusive.

StereoVsn

So is the physical disk in the actual box or is it just Digital Deluxe Edition code? If it’s just the code then the whole thing is pointless.

“Alan Wake Remastered Digital Edition (as a code in the box).”

I wouldn’t get too excited about the “physical” version until that’s clarified.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So is the physical disk in the actual box or is it just Digital Deluxe Edition code? If it’s just the code then the whole thing is pointless.

It's Limited Run Games. There's good reasons to dislike them but regardless, everything they release is on physical media so it will definitely not just be a code.

Oh I guess the digital deluxe version will be just a code for original Alan Wake remastered. So Alan Wake II will be on disc but not the first game that was remastered.

Last edited:

Kilau

ygndE1r.jpeg

Same for PS5

StereoVsn

I understood it as Alan Wake 2 will be on a disc and you'll get a code for the first game on top.
Ahh, that’s good then. I would wait for the copies to get released first though so it can be verified.

ygndE1r.jpeg

Same for PS5

It’s a collector’s edition though so could be different (unlikely). It is probably the first game then that’s not on disk. For an expensive collector’s edition that’s a bummer though.

Ahh, that’s good then. I would wait for the copies to get released first though so it can be verified.

It’s a collector’s edition though so could be different (unlikely). It is probably the first game then that’s not on disk. For an expensive collector’s edition that’s a bummer though.
I've snagged my AW1 copy for PS5 a while ago, but just looked it up and you can still find both used and new copies of the first game on ebay albeit they're getting a bit pricey.

Top Bottom