• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake II |OT| I'm blinded by the lights.........

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Jumping on this as soon as I'm done with Spidey 2. Can't wait.

For those who already have it, how is the difference between Quality and Performance?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Jimmy Fallon Dancing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm jumping in on PC. My Halloween game is here!

So happy. Sorry Mario and spidy I gotta put you down until this is completed.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Just finished Chapter 1. Holy crap I'm loving this so far! It's been a long wait, so nice to be immersed in this world again.

Damn, literally during the first cutscene, just before gameplay started I thought it was a live action video then it let me move the character and my jaw dropped lol.
Loving the atmosphere so far, already feel like it will be much better than the first one.

GymWolf

It looks like a walking and talking simulator to me
Yeah but i wanted to know if the rythm was more like quantum break with a finite number of combat encounters and a lot to explore and read or more like control where you fight a lot and enemies encounter are infinite.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Characters look good. The lady at the diner looks like a generational difference even from recent other games NPCs like Starfield and Spiderman.
And to think this gen is just getting started! Now that cross gen is behind us. All those shit from posters here the last 3 years , how this was the smallest step. And repeating over and over that this was a cross gen effect , made me tired.

And here we are 🤣😊

Last edited:

Certinty

What do people recommend, switching constantly between both characters or playing through one character to the end and then the other?

Also, can you change difficulty mid-game?

Assaulty

Have the devs commented at all about what the correct order of completing the missions is? Switching between the cop and Alan every mission or whatever?

kikkis

Bit too much walking and filler cutscenes with metaphors, to start the game. I think it will get more interesting soon.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I beat encountered the first boss nightingal I’m playing on hard and this guys just wouldn’t die.

Luipadre

Played 1.5 hours so far, not even done with chapter 1. This is everything i hoped for and more. Got legit chills like 3 times in the first 5 minutes of the game. Already so much reference to the first game. Graphics looks amazing on PS5 in quality mode and its smoooooth af at 30 fps. Loving the shit out of this, already feels like a great fucking movie with so much style. My only complain so far is that its still has the good old janky Remedy animations and the dialogue is a bit muffled and low quality, but thats all. Cant wait to dive back in after lunch

Valt7786

While I thought the 1st chapter was great, I can see it turning off a lot of the adhd kiddies. "Waah this is just a walking sim" etc.

amscanner

Just finished chapter 2. Graphics, presentation and atmosphere are insane. Remedy sure has it’s own style and i’m really appreciate it.

Only about an hour in on PS5, first impressions:

- some weird texture pop-in, couple of sound cuts
- wish you could adjust contrast in HDR settings, bit of washed out look
- 60 FPS is very smooth, don't understand anyone playing at 30 fps when given the choice, movement is choppy as fuck in comparison and therefore makes the game *uglier*
- mind palace is a very cool concept (and visuals are quite impressive here)
- fantastic DualSense implementation 🙏🏻
- bizarre opening that's right up my alley
- *very* slow paced start
- Sam Lake is such a shit voice actor lol

Will have a good 3 hours with it tonight, looking forward to digging in and seeing how the combat holds up.

Forsythia

Only about an hour in on PS5, first impressions:

- some weird texture pop-in, couple of sound cuts
- wish you could adjust contrast in HDR settings, bit of washed out look
- 60 FPS is very smooth, don't understand anyone playing at 30 fps when given the choice, movement is choppy as fuck in comparison and therefore makes the game *uglier*
- mind palace is a very cool concept (and visuals are quite impressive here)
- fantastic DualSense implementation 🙏🏻
- bizarre opening that's right up my alley
- *very* slow paced start
- Sam Lake is such a shit voice actor lol

Will have a good 3 hours with it tonight, looking forward to digging in and seeing how the combat holds up.
Sam Lake isn't voice acting though? They use his face, not his voice.

marjo

Just finished chapter 1, awesome start! Remedy never let's me down. Game is actually playable (about 40 fps) on a 3080 with graphics and path racing at max @1440p with DLSS quality, and it looks incredible.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Just finished chapter 1, awesome start! Remedy never let's me down. Game is actually playable (about 40 fps) on a 3080 with graphics and path racing at max @1440p with DLSS quality, and it looks incredible.

I have a 3080 with a 4k monitor.

Gonna do tests with that vs GeForce ultimate to see what looks better.

About to fly home from my work trip, crank out two reports, then I’m gonna crank out to Alan wake 2.

Moist anus.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Didn't get to play much but i think it's fucking awesome that James McCaffrey is Saga's partner

Fuckin The Max Payne is your partner :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Only Remedy :messenger_beaming:

Quality mode on PS5 looks and runs beautifully

Last edited:
This is good to see. I don't mind hitting around 40fps if the added bells and whistles makes such a big difference.

Top Bottom