• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake II |OT| I'm blinded by the lights.........

rofif

Banned
Can't believe it's been 13 years....
Duke nukem forever took about as long huh, yet it felt way longer than last 13 years.
The older you get, the faster the time goes by.
I've known my wife for 15 years. To think that I've played AW 2 years after we started dating. man. It feels like another lifetime ago heh

Markio128

This looks great, and I’m defo going to get it around Xmas/Jan. I wouldn’t be able to appreciate it right now because I’ve already got way too many great games to get through as it is. Plus, I need to get through the remaster of the original first!

samoilaaa

some reviews said that alan wake missions make alan feel as a filler character and not a main one , hope they are wrong

Reactions: Isa

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just bought on GMG for $41. Very easily redeemed on Epic game store too.

but no option to preload. game unlocks at 11PM EST.......

Elginer

I still have my Alan Wake CE. I've loved Alan Wake for years and it's wonderful to see that they finally got to continue the story. I am so excited I TOOK 3 DAYS OFF LOL.

Certinty

I remember my dad taking me on my 15th birthday to Blockbuster to buy the first game all the way back in May 2010.

I can’t say I remember too much about the game but I know I enjoyed it enough to complete it.

But i’m a little excited just because of that memory alone.

Glad everyone is saying the game is great.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Guys, this or Spidey? Guessing this is a lot shorter (at least if you want to do everything in SM2, which I did in the original)? I need to play both.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I remember my dad taking me on my 15th birthday to Blockbuster to buy the first game all the way back in May 2010.

I can’t say I remember too much about the game but I know I enjoyed it enough to complete it.

But i’m a little excited just because of that memory alone.

Glad everyone is saying the game is great.

Same day release as Red Dead Redemption

Good times 🤝🏻

K' Dash

Guys, this or Spidey? Guessing this is a lot shorter (at least if you want to do everything in SM2, which I did in the original)? I need to play both.

they say this game is 20hrs, so it should be around the same length?

I'm about to finish Spidey and it isn't that long for an open world game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
they say this game is 20hrs, so it should be around the same length?

I'm about to finish Spidey and it isn't that long for an open world game.

But surely at 20h you haven't done that much of the side activities? Or are you saying that's the total length of the game?

Man, TOTK has spoiled me, I'm at like 265 hours and still not done (that's why I haven't picked up Spidey yet). I do think that game is a bit too massive though, BOTW was more reasonable.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
13 minutes of Series S game play, looks fine. Only one mode, but based on this video it seems stable. Who knows how it will be in later areas.

WX3

I am balls deep in Baldur's Gate 3, struggling but enjoying Lords of the Fallen, fucking around in Night City and Dog Town, started a Season 2 Druid in Diablo 4, and running laps in Forza Motorsport. All of this comes to an end tomorrow after work when I fire up Alan Wake 2! Finally, some direction in my gaming life!

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
New home for me for the next week as I play.

Got the digital deluxe off GMG for $56 with code OCT17.

I hope the praise is true because I want this to be my GOTY with how incredible it seems to be.

Full penile erection ready to play tomorrow.

JohnnyPhats

I’m a gaming coward. I loathe zombies and not big on monsters and shit. But, I don’t mind horror with humans. Is this up my alley

Spider-Man is not very long at all - you can finish the story in like 12 hours. Maybe if u take ur time and do all of the side activities it’d be 30? Maybe

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Spider-Man is not very long at all - you can finish the story in like 12 hours.

Yeah, but I don't want to just finish the story, I know I'm gonna want to do pretty much everything in the game if it's anything like the original (which was so much fun to just swing around in).

DonJorginho

Banned
cannot wait for this, need a linear experience to wash my mouth out from checklist open worlds after getting the plat for SM2

Last edited:
Yeah, but I don't want to just finish the story, I know I'm gonna want to do pretty much everything in the game if it's anything like the original (which was so much fun to just swing around in).
Traversal is better than the first game. Side content isn’t very good - but it’s at least the level of sm1 sidequests. Still wouldn’t take too long from what I’m hearing? But I haven’t done all those

Just a few more hours to go!

ZCu-r7.gif

kiphalfton

Can't believe it's been 13 years....
Duke nukem forever took about as long huh, yet it felt way longer than last 13 years.
The older you get, the faster the time goes by.
I've known my wife for 15 years. To think that I've played AW 2 years after we started dating. man. It feels like another lifetime ago heh

No mystery here:
- Most people work.
- Work sucks and takes up 2/3 of your waking hours.
- You're left with only 1/3 of your waking hours to enjoy yourself.

So yeah, 15 years is going to feel like it went by quick.

Deerock71

Sub-title always brings up WTF are they saying after that? Wrapped up like the the douching like a roller in the night?

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
dont cry about being digital only
Cat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Not a single chance in this universe, they can die, and it costs me to say that as an ultimate Alan Wake fan owning multiples copies of the original game on several platforms. But NO physical, NO buy, FUCK THEM.
Deliver a finished product or wipe your ass with if it was the "reason" of no physical as they said it: I VOTE WITH MY WALLET

Reave

Really enjoying the sound cutting out and terrible lip synching so far. Time of my life, this is.

Last edited:

M.W.

Wel'p. PC it is for me, I guess. I kind of wanted to get it for XSX so my wife can play too, but... Not with bad pop in.

I mean, maybe you won't notice it? Once I did, I couldn't not notice it. Mind you, this was the first walking section in the woods.

Top Bottom