• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

Hm. Well, we'll see how this is interpreted. Even if it comes out as fact with gobs of evidence, alot of people will die believing it isn't true. They're already picked their version of reality and nothing will alter that.

Razvedka

Banned
Hm. Well, we'll see how this is interpreted. Even if it comes out as fact with gobs of evidence, alot of people will die believing it isn't true. They're already picked their version of reality and nothing will alter that.
Delayed reaction. Simply revealing information to people won't necessarily spark immediate change/action (contingent upon the manner with which it was revealed), but overtime it will start to permeate the culture and take root.

Romulus

Delayed reaction. Simply revealing information to people won't necessarily spark immediate change/action (contingent upon the manner with which it was revealed), but overtime it will start to permeate the culture and take root.

Yes, and I'm thinking for something of this magnitude, many young people now will need to grow old and die. I think for the majority to accept it, they will need to be born in a world where the evidence is available for them to make an educated choice. It'll be a "choice" to believe for decades, even after the scientific community accepts it as fact.
I'm thinking even if it comes out as fact, huge conspiracy groups will form that are basically religions for people who don't want to believe it, and be an outlet for human psychological fragility. "Political distraction!"

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Yes, and I'm thinking for something of this magnitude, many young people now will need to grow old and die. I think for the majority to accept it, they will need to be born in a world where the evidence is available for them to make an educated choice. It'll be a "choice" to believe for decades, even after the scientific community accepts it as fact.
I'm thinking even if it comes out as fact, huge conspiracy groups will form that are basically religions for people who don't want to believe it, and be an outlet for human psychological fragility. "Political distraction!"
I think the timeline will be a bit quicker for a few reasons:
  1. Aliens existing and visiting earth has been seeded into our awareness through all manner of media and conspiracy theory. Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T., X-Files, etc. Alot of the psychological ground work is there for people to go 'ok this isn't so strange'.

Caveat: Admittedly where this gets more complicated (then it already is) is if whatever we're dealing with isnt' as 'neat and tidy' as another advanced race visiting us from another star system within the past century. What if they've been here a very long time? What if they're not geographically distant from us but from a different reality altogether? High Strangeness might complicate everything.

2. Physical evidence of their existence permeating the mainstream from credible sources. This may include high resolution video, audio, testimony, and possibly working demonstrations of their technology reverse engineered over decades by countries (e.g. USSR, US, whoever).

3. Direct action on their part. It is entirely within the cards that part of the reason this whole process is accelerating is that the visitors are ready to be a bit more 'hands on' with us as a species.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

They already exist. Ever since the US government declassified those videos, groups of people have been creating new conspiracies on how this is a "false flag" by the US government to get more military funding. It's as nonsense as believing the world is flat, or humans have never been to the moon. Complete loony bin nonsense.

For years people were saying the US government are holding back information about UFOs, but as soon as the US government becomes more open, people just turn it into a new conspiracy because they're original belief is now mainstream.

Romulus

They already exist. Ever since the US government declassified those videos, groups of people have been creating new conspiracies on how this is a "false flag" by the US government to get more military funding. It's as nonsense as believing the world is flat, or humans have never been to the moon. Complete loony bin nonsense.

For years people were saying the US government are holding back information about UFOs, but as soon as the US government becomes more open, people just turn it into a new conspiracy because they're original belief is now mainstream.

Yeah, the difference is now its fairly reasonable to be dismissive. Theres no smoking gun. I think if you are of a certain intelligence AND educated on the subject you already know something very unusual is there but it's still an unknown.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member

credit: melodysheep

Edit: Watched it again. A really superb video presentation, this one. In reference to the part where the narrator talks about mankind looking for alien signals for over 60 years now and found nothing other than a few false alarms and dead ends..."
In regards, I don't think they're looking at the whole idea correctly. In thinking of a lively universe, one must think of Earth as a restaurant in a giant shopping mall. You have to advertise and set sales for customers in order to survive. That, and don't be a mean cashier.

Thousands of planets and even galaxies may not have the abundance of ingredients and materials Earth has and may be looking for them. Like a good stew or soup, Earth is a smorgasbord of seasonings. Each of these seasonings emits it's own vibration/frequency. Every single thing in the universe vibrates and that vibration can be read as a frequency of numbers. If any intelligent beings out there were in need of something, surely they would be scanning the systems for these specific ingredients like an inter-galactic grocery list. The question is why haven't they then? Why haven't the alien starships shown up in droves to buy our potatoes, chocolate, corn, flour, wheat, peppers, beef, or fish? The answer is quite clear. The cashiers are assholes so they go shop somewhere else.

Last edited:

n0razi

If space is truly infinite, then it is mathematically inevitable that there are aliens. Hell, its mathematically inevitable that there are clones of you other worlds because of the limited possibilities of atomic structures within an infinite system.

Razvedka

Banned
Holy shit.

"One of the materials from the so called Ubatuba event [a UAP event in Brazil], has extraordinarily altered isotope ratios of magnesium. It was interesting because another piece from the same event was analyzed in the same instrument at the same time. This is an extraordinarily sensitive instrument called a nanoSIMS - Secondary Ion Mass Spec. It had perfectly correct isotope ratios for what you would expect for magnesium found anywhere on Earth. Meanwhile, the other one was just way off. Like 30 percent off the ratios. The problem is there's no good reason humans have for altering the isotope ratios of a simple metal like magnesium. There's no different properties of the different isotopes, that anybody, at least in any of the literature that is public of the hundreds of thousands of papers published, that says this is why you would do that. Now you can do it. It's a little expensive to do, but you'd have no reason for doing it. "

So one of these objects is unstable. It spits out a bunch of stuff. Now it's stable and it takes off. It looks like it fixed itself. It's almost as if this is part of the mechanism for moving around, and when things get out of whack, it has to offload it. It just drops this stuff to the ground, kind of like the exhaust. That begs the question: what are they using it for? If there's altered isotope ratios, are they using the altered isotope ratios? Are these the result of the propulsion? The result of the propulsion is to change the ratios. When the ratios get that far out of whack, they have to offload because it's no longer useful in propulsion. Smarter people than me will come up with better reasons."

Liljagare

" Dr. Garry Nolan is a Professor of Microbiology and Pathology at Stanford University. His research ranges from cancer to systems immunology."

I am sure his expert knowledge in those fields will lead to great discoveries when it comes to looking at "anomalous materials from UFO crashes".

But, apparently the most important question was :

"Does the Department of Pathology at Stanford have a track record of pulling practical jokes on you?
I thought it was a practical joke at the beginning. But no, nobody was pulling a practical joke. And just as an aside, the school is completely supportive, and always has been of the work that I've been doing. When the Atacama thing hit the fan, they stepped in and helped me deal with the public relations issues around it. "

And, here is the really fascinating part of it all:

"Are the devices and methods that you have available to you in terms of being able to analyze this material sufficient? In a perfect world, what would you want to see?
Depending on how deep you want to go, each analysis costs anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000."

Last edited:

Liljagare

"One of the materials from the so called Ubatuba event [a UAP event in Brazil], has extraordinarily altered isotope ratios of magnesium. It was interesting because another piece from the same event was analyzed in the same instrument at the same time. This is an extraordinarily sensitive instrument called a nanoSIMS - Secondary Ion Mass Spec. It had perfectly correct isotope ratios for what you would expect for magnesium found anywhere on Earth. Meanwhile, the other one was just way off. Like 30 percent off the ratios. The problem is there's no good reason humans have for altering the isotope ratios of a simple metal like magnesium. There's no different properties of the different isotopes, that anybody, at least in any of the literature that is public of the hundreds of thousands of papers published, that says this is why you would do that. Now you can do it. It's a little expensive to do, but you'd have no reason for doing it. "

So one of these objects is unstable. It spits out a bunch of stuff. Now it's stable and it takes off. It looks like it fixed itself. It's almost as if this is part of the mechanism for moving around, and when things get out of whack, it has to offload it. It just drops this stuff to the ground, kind of like the exhaust. That begs the

That is not really how nanoSIMS works though, so this entire section doesn't make much sense.

Razvedka

Banned
That is not really how nanoSIMS works though, so this entire section doesn't make much sense.

So you question his expertise. Even if his reference to nanoSIMS was off, I guess I'm not sure what you're implying about his statements.

Beyond, of course, you think it's laughable.

Last edited:

IDKFA

Anybody listen to the new BBC podcast Uncanny? It's a paranormal podcast where a BBC journalist interviews people who claim to have experienced a paranormal experience. The BBC then do some digging and speak to sceptics and "paranormal experts" to try and uncover the truth.

The reason I bring this up is because they had two episodes based on a UFO experience in Yorkshire back in the 1980s. In the second part of the podcast, the BBC unearthed some mind-bending evidence of the Yorkshire UFO experience that blew my mind.

Definitely worth checking out.

Fools idol

Banned
what bothers me the most about the theories that should they are already visiting us is that if it's true, they are so far advanced than us that our level of intelligence is probably like that of us looking at beehives or ant colonies or something. Were on a planet rich with resources - they would probably just wipe us out and take our shit.

It seems so improbable that a race of space traveling beings would be remotely interested in a civilization that still burns fossil fuels, kills each other over resources, destroys it's own planet in pursuit of capitalism and all of that nonsense. If there is some sort of galactic federation out there we must look like a bunch of fucking idiots.

Anybody listen to the new BBC podcast Uncanny? It's a paranormal podcast where a BBC journalist interviews people who claim to have experienced a paranormal experience. The BBC then do some digging and speak to sceptics and "paranormal experts" to try and uncover the truth.

The reason I bring this up is because they had two episodes based on a UFO experience in Yorkshire back in the 1980s. In the second part of the podcast, the BBC unearthed some mind-bending evidence of the Yorkshire UFO experience that blew my mind.

Definitely worth checking out.
Where can I listen to this?

Fools idol

Banned
Thanks!

There was an unsolved mysteries episode about this, wasn't there?

Indeed. TLDR, a body was found with a strange green fluid on it in the yorkshire dales somewhere IIRC they tested it and the lab results were basically that it was a substance unknown to anyone in the scientific world during the 1980s. months later a police officer whitnessed a craft near the area and under hypnosis remembered an abduction.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Indeed. TLDR, a body was found with a strange green fluid on it in the yorkshire dales somewhere IIRC they tested it and the lab results were basically that it was a substance unknown to anyone in the scientific world during the 1980s. months later a police officer whitnessed a craft near the area and under hypnosis remembered an abduction.
they got probed up the ass and that's alien jizz

IDKFA

The police officer they interview in the podcast didn't mention any green fluid. The strangest thing about the body was it was placed on top of a 10ft coal heap, yet there wasn't any coal smudges on the body.

Razvedka

Banned
NDAA passed both the House and the Senate. Gillibrand Amendment is going to become law. Stanford scientist has come out of the shadows as a member of Vallee's Invisible College, and is emboldened to speak more candidly about his work; Especially on fragments of materials provided to him by Vallee from alleged UFO crashes across the decades.

His paper on it was published in a peer reviewed science journal.

MadAnon

It's 2021 and Chinese lanterns are still mistaken for aliens. Orange lights rising up from the same spot and just floating away in the same direction without doing any unnatural manueveres. I can only imagine what witnesses would tell you if there was no video.

Last edited:

Romulus

Some quotes about the Roswell incident.

“I am completely convinced that the object that crashed near Roswell was composed of materials not common on Earth.”
Major General Kenner Hertford, Deputy Commander, Armed Forces Special Weapons Project; Research and Development Division in Army General Staff

“They knew that they had something new in their hands. The metal and material was unknown to anyone I talked to… The overall consensus was that the pieces were from space.”
Brigadier General Arthur E. Exon, U.S.A.F. (ret.), former base commander Wright Patterson AFB

“There is not much we can do about Roswell. I tried diligently to get them [files] from General LeMay and it was the only cussing out he ever gave me.”
Major General Barry Goldwater, Arizona Senator; 1964 Republican Presidential nominee

“It [Roswell] was the biggest lie I ever had to tell… [It was] out of this world.”
Major General Roger Ramey, U.S.A.F. (ret.)

“If I ever told you the truth of what happened at Roswell, you would never see life in the same way again.”
General Robert Broussard Landry, U.S.A.F., personal aide to President Harry Truman

“Roswell is true. The problem — It’s buried deep within the black budget, and government funds have been spent since 1947 to keep the truth from coming out.”
Dick D’ Amato, Navy Reserve Captain (ret.); Senior Senatorial Counsel to Senator Robert C. Byrd

“At least this effort [GAO report on Roswell] caused the Air Force to acknowledge that the crashed vehicle was no weather balloon.”
Steven Schiff, former New Mexico congressman representing Roswell

“It was a cover story, the balloon part… we were told to give to the public.”
Brigadier General Thomas J. DuBose, U.S.A.F. (ret.)

“The [Roswell] craft was extraterrestrial…and at one time may have been at Wright Patterson [Air Force Base] in an off-limits area.”
Brigadier General Harry Cordes, U.S.A.F. (ret.)

Romulus

Its interesting when i think about Roswell, stupid scifi music and silly looking little green men pop in my head. The whole thing seems ridiculous, but now that I think about it, that mindset could just be government conditioning through the media. And in the end, the little green men story might be closer to the truth.

Last edited:

IDKFA

Some quotes about the Roswell incident.

“I am completely convinced that the object that crashed near Roswell was composed of materials not common on Earth.”
Major General Kenner Hertford, Deputy Commander, Armed Forces Special Weapons Project; Research and Development Division in Army General Staff

“They knew that they had something new in their hands. The metal and material was unknown to anyone I talked to… The overall consensus was that the pieces were from space.”
Brigadier General Arthur E. Exon, U.S.A.F. (ret.), former base commander Wright Patterson AFB

“There is not much we can do about Roswell. I tried diligently to get them [files] from General LeMay and it was the only cussing out he ever gave me.”
Major General Barry Goldwater, Arizona Senator; 1964 Republican Presidential nominee

“It [Roswell] was the biggest lie I ever had to tell… [It was] out of this world.”
Major General Roger Ramey, U.S.A.F. (ret.)

“If I ever told you the truth of what happened at Roswell, you would never see life in the same way again.”
General Robert Broussard Landry, U.S.A.F., personal aide to President Harry Truman

“Roswell is true. The problem — It’s buried deep within the black budget, and government funds have been spent since 1947 to keep the truth from coming out.”
Dick D’ Amato, Navy Reserve Captain (ret.); Senior Senatorial Counsel to Senator Robert C. Byrd

“At least this effort [GAO report on Roswell] caused the Air Force to acknowledge that the crashed vehicle was no weather balloon.”
Steven Schiff, former New Mexico congressman representing Roswell

“It was a cover story, the balloon part… we were told to give to the public.”
Brigadier General Thomas J. DuBose, U.S.A.F. (ret.)

“The [Roswell] craft was extraterrestrial…and at one time may have been at Wright Patterson [Air Force Base] in an off-limits area.”
Brigadier General Harry Cordes, U.S.A.F. (ret.)

That's a lot of quotes from reputable people. Some might call it pretty clear evidence that Roswell was in fact a craft from another world.

Considering all the above quotes, one would then question why the US government still denies that it was just a weather balloon? Why not just come clean?

Razvedka

Banned
That's a lot of quotes from reputable people. Some might call it pretty clear evidence that Roswell was in fact a craft from another world.

Considering all the above quotes, one would then question why the US government still denies that it was just a weather balloon? Why not just come clean?
It could trigger an arms race, buck the current status quo. It might have been better to quietly sit on it, even if hostile nations had their suspicions there's no cause to overtly act on their part. No pressure.

Just one thought.

noonjam

In data from the Kepler mission, the normal F3V star KIC 8462852 (Boyajian's star) was observed to exhibit infrequent dips in brightness that have not been satisfactorily explained. A previous paper reported the first results of a search for other similar stars in a limited region of the sky around the Kepler field. This paper expands on that search to cover the entire sky between declinations of +22 degrees and +68 degrees. Fifteen new candidates with low rates of dipping, referred to as "slow dippers" in Paper I, have been identified. The dippers occupy a limited region of the HR diagram and an apparent clustering in space is found. This latter feature suggests that these stars are attractive targets for SETI searches.

Last edited:

Romulus

I think once you start getting into confirmed evidence of superior beings that was particularly terrifying for people in the 1940s. Arguably it still is. I think humans need to feel superior to everything around them. Thats one reason i think this was easy to cover up, youre literally catering to human arrogance by giving people an out, even if its silly. "How dare they suggest theres a technologically more advanced species!! Ridiculous!" Here come the jokes and dismissal.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Disclosure ?

Reaction GIF by moodman

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
If I were an alien and observed the people of earth, I’d laugh and turn my UFO around, never returning until the earth was cleansed of the human race.

The Galactic Federation probably have extreme travel warnings placed on our planet.

They've set up a sophisticated holographic network around our planet to convince us that the universe is expanding in all directions, in order to discourage us from venturing out beyond our borders. Sort of like a galactic Truman Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom