• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alleged leak of information about the trailer of GTA 6 coming this month

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
BJnYv3C.jpg

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Also, if Im Sony, I do whatever the fuck it takes to get marketing rights for this thing. You gotta battle the Activision deal in every way possible

Tunned

All I know is that I want to play (and replay) and complete so many games, that by the time I get to GTAVI, the trailer for GTAVII will be announced :messenger_weary:

mortal

Gold Member
I would love it if that were true, but the source is 4chan, so yea...

Another leak like the 2022 one would be devastating, but they can't hide the game forever.
Whenever that GTA VI trailer does drop, it's got to be some needle-moving showcase.

Mowcno

Sounds like a very generic trailer that doesn't give much away about the story. Basically exactly like the GTA V reveal trailer.

Only 10 days to find out if there's any truth to this. I am expecting the game to launch around November 2024 though.

I would love it if that were true, but the source is 4chan, so yea...

Another leak like the 2022 one would be devastating, but they can't hide the game forever.
Whenever that GTA VI trailer does drop, it's got to be some needle-moving showcase.
It's very rare that a 4chan leak is true, but it has happened before in the past.

Either way, me personally I believe that the game is due for some sort of a reveal or announcement especially after last year's leak drama.

Mowcno

Imagine the outrage when “PS4 and Xbox One” show up at the end of the trailer alongside “PS5 and Series X”. 😂
If those maniacs release it on PS4/XBO in 2024, especially when it no doubt has an MMO aspect with a new GTA Online so should be supported for many years to come, I would be surprised and suitably outraged yes. That'd be like releasing GTA on PS3/360 in 2017.

Rockstar stopped updating GTA Online on PS3 when the console was a little less than 9 years old. The PS4/XBO will be at least 11 years old when this game launches lol.

Last edited:

acm2000

after playing through rdr2 campaign i have zero hype for another GTA, even less so with it set in america yet again

Even if this leak is true R* will definitely not release the trailer on the 26th, that's for sure.
Thanks for that you leakin' bastard!

Robb

Gold Member
It’s difficult to get excited for this one. I assume the character will control like a tank and the main focus will be GTA Online. Not to mention it’ll be re-released until PlayStation 8.. Might as well get that version 10 years from now.

I love how the expectations for this one are really as polarizing as it gets.
In the one hand, they really fucked their image for some with that decade-long milking of GTA V and those remastered games.
On the other, their last big title was RDR2 and that is without a doubt a masterpiece and even if you don't like the setting, controls, mission design, and so on, you have to admit that it is a extraordinarily crafted game and that it set the bar for what a mere video game can achieve very high.

Eotheod

I love how V has become a source of rumours. That's like me doing a thread here saying I heard stuff from the toilet block behind Rockstar.

mortal

Gold Member
I love how the expectations for this one are really as polarizing as it gets.
In the one hand, they really fucked their image for some with that decade-long milking of GTA V and those remastered games.
On the other, their last big title was RDR2 and that is without a doubt a masterpiece and even if you don't like the setting, controls, mission design, and so on, you have to admit that it is a extraordinarily crafted game and that it set the bar for what a mere video game can achieve very high.
Indeed.

For me, GTA VI will serve as a litmus test of sorts, and I'd imagine many others who are more cautiously optimistic or skeptical.

skneogaf

I hope the data transfer speed improvements we've seen on the current generation of consoles gives gta 6 some quality of life improvements like loading speed etc.

Pimpbaa

I think the graphics and gameplay will be amazing, but I dunno about the story. Very curious about the soundtrack. Obviously will have a lot of 90’s stuff. But I hope we get more than one 80’s station.

YCoCg

No guys seriously this time!!!! Ignore the past 20 times "insiders" have said information or a trailer is coming within the week, this time it's real and totally from an insider!

Description does sound very much like a gta trailer and the proposed date does have meaning as gta3 was released October 26th 2001 in Europe.

Hard to tell if its real or not tho as it's the internet.

Top Bottom