• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing Race - August 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tool

Banned
Saint Cornelius said:
Did anyone get racist vibes from Brandon's girlfriend when she threw the money at the dude? I certainly didn't feel that way (that guy fucked them over in a serious fashion!) but there's an ongoing battle going over on twop.com regarding it.

I didn't sense that at all. They were afraid of getting a confrontation, the guy actually slapped her with a sheet of paper (albeit lightly) and that's when Brandon decided to give the money. They got royally screwed for $110 while other teams were paying like $5. Doesn't bode well for the African tourist association.

Memles

Tool said:
I didn't sense that at all. They were afraid of getting a confrontation, the guy actually slapped her with a sheet of paper (albeit lightly) and that's when Brandon decided to give the money. They got royally screwed for $110 while other teams were paying like $5. Doesn't bode well for the African tourist association.

When Americans with TV Cameras get onto a bus looking panicked and saying "We need to leave NOW", chances are you'll be gouged. If you get on saying "Hello, we'd like to go to Ma Wta Abu (whatever) as fast as possible" and maybe offer them $10, then maybe they might get you there. Their looks of desperation killed them.

Tool

Banned
Memles said:
I personally, in no way, got racist vibes from the guy. Black or White, Africa or Austria, she would have done the same thing. I personally might have done better because I would have opened with "Hey, you have a Canada hat. I'm from Canada. Do you want a hat?" *Note to Self: If ever on Amazing Race, bring Hats*, but I can understand her frustration. No racist vibes to me.

I noticed the guy had a Calgary shirt on...looked like a football type jersey. I wonder what the camera crew would have done had it become violent at that point? The way the contestants hustle around the world and the fact that they have to deal with locals like that, leads to the possibility of something going wrong. I wonder if someone got seriously hurt by a local on a show, would they scrap the show and series or actually put it on tv?

Fifty

The show has a security crew nearby. I'm not sure how close they are, but they have some really tough bastards on call :D

Tool

Banned
Fifty said:
The show has a security crew nearby. I'm not sure how close they are, but they have some really tough bastards on call :D

They should have walked away from the guy in that case. They had every right to. They paid the agreed upon $100 because they had to dish out the additional $10 for gas during the stop. Let the Amazing Race security dudes deal with the local.

All I know is, Brandon is a pussy. He let that guy in the foam club feel up his girlfriend (what the fuck is her name anyways? I keep wanting to say Christie, but that's Colin's woman), and then he didn't do shit when the bus driver was getting all up in her face.

Then again, as a white dude, I'm not fucking with any pissed off Afrikans. :)

I just can't stand The God Squad. Hey, fuckheads! God* doesn't give a fuck if you win or lose TAR, just like he doesn't give a fuck about all the football players praying to win the Super Bowl!

*or your own personal deity

Tool

Banned
Saint Cornelius said:
All I know is, Brandon is a pussy. He let that guy in the foam club feel up his girlfriend (what the fuck is her name anyways? I keep wanting to say Christie, but that's Colin's woman), and then he didn't do shit when the bus driver was getting all up in her face.

I just can't stand The God Squad. Hey, fuckheads! God* doesn't give a fuck if you win or lose TAR, just like he doesn't give a fuck about all the football players praying to win the Super Bowl!

That's a rather narrow viewpoint. I believe God watches over people in all aspects of life whether you realize it or not.

Memles

Saint Cornelius said:

Brandon seems to hate confrontation, on the whole, but I also think that Brandon was likely not abel to hear Nicole in the foam club. Still, you're right, you have to stand up for her in a situation like that one, or do something!

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Does anyone know why alot of people had a hard time eating the ostrich egg. I mean, its not like they are drinking it raw like that one time in fear factor. They actually got to cook it.....and as i hear it taste similar to chicken eggs

Orin GA said:
Does anyone know why alot of people had a hard time eating the ostrich egg. I mean, its not like they are drinking it raw like that one time in fear factor. They actually got to cook it.....and as i hear it taste similar to chicken eggs

Well, eggs plain is kinda gross. When I was watching it I was like, "oh god! No salt? Pepper? Tobasco?! Not even KETCHUP!?"

Also, it seemed like Colin & Chip didn't cook their eggs completely. Colin especially.

Memles

Orin GA said:

Eating Eggs alone was one thing, yes. The problem, however, is that in many cases something like Scrambled Eggs can be mixed with Milk, or even Water, to attempt to make it a little easier to swallow. As it was, it was just pure EGG.

Fowler

...and aside from being one giant egg, Colin also screwed up and dropped a lot of the yolk, so it was mainly scrambled egg whites. Hell, it wasn't even proper scrambled eggs, more like scrambled omelette. Seriously though, that wasn't a patch on them crying when they had to eat caviar.

Though Brandon in general seems a bit of a wuss, I totally agree with him caving in that situation. I don't know what the deal is with the Amazing Race's security, but man, I'm not going to be the lone whiny white boy getting into a fight with a whole bunch of Africans for TEN BUCKS (especially since they gouged them for a hundred already). Give them the $10 and beat a hasty retreat. Nicole was out of control at that point, and nothing pisses me off more than the ultimate lack of respect of seeing people literally throw money away (ironic that it's the righteous God-fearing folk that had no problem tossing money on the floor).

"That's a rather narrow viewpoint. I believe God watches over people in all aspects of life whether you realize it or not."

Watching over people is a bit different than engineering a reality show so that Brandon and Nicole win. "I don't know if it's in God's plan that we win, but..."

Well Brandon buddy, if all it takes is prayers, I'm praying that you lose. :) I'd prefer a team see their accomplishments as a result of the effort they put in, not a result of God's plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom