• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime - is anybody else experiencing longer delivery dates now?

mid83

Like many, I have been a Prime member for years and have grown used to having items on my doorstep two days after I order them.

Other than a delay last March-April for COVID, I’ve never had an issue. I haven’t even had much of a problem in terms of late deliveries like others this year. Prime even saved my ass last fall when I needed a number of supplies for an incoming hurricane. I got everything I needed within two days flat.

With that said, my delivery times over the past few weeks have been pushed back to anywhere from 4 days to 2 weeks. That’s for every item I can think of in various departments, all marked Prime. I also live a few miles from an Amazon warehouse.

I’ve noticed that two-day shipping is nowhere to be found on the page to sign up for a Prime membership page other than offering 2 day pharmacy deliveries. Shipping is just mentioned as “fast”.

Is anybody else experiencing this? My prime renewal is up in about a month and if these shipping dates are the new normal, I’ll have to reconsider if it’s worth keeping Prime at this point.

Cravis

Same here and it’s definitely impacted my Amazon purchasing habits. I ordered some drills bits last Monday. Prime delivery said I wouldn’t have them till a week later 5/17. They didn’t even ship till Saturday 5/15.

I was going to order a driveway camera on Amazon but saw it wouldn’t arrive for a week. Found the exact same camera locally for the exact same price.

I’ve also found myself utilizing driveup pickup at Best Buy and Wal Mart.

My prime isn’t up for renewal till next year but if they don’t do something I’m out.

Irobot82

When I lived in Metro Atlanta 3-4 years ago, 2 day were 100%. Even started getting 1 days.

Now where I live in FL it sucks. My town even has an Amazon warehouse. 2 days is probably 75% of the time if that.

Yep. Theres literally no difference for me between Prime or free delivery. I never bothered to use any of the freebies so whats the point of prime.

DKehoe

Nah, as long as I'm not placing the order too late I still get them next day

Last edited:

mango drank

I'm still getting mostly 2-day delivery. For the stuff that takes longer, that seems to be an issue not so much with shipping, but with the items not being available in the first place.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Nope.

UK here and if it's labeled as Prime then I always get it next day guaranteed.

BWJinxing

In the metro ny area, once covid hit, the delay got pretty bad, some stuff took 2 weeks to arrive, but it's about normal, next or 2nd day for me

CAB_Life

Yup. Only certain "essential" items (whatever those may be) are shipped in accordance with their Prime timelines. Everything else has had a week or more delay. I've stopped ordering stuff off Amazon and just use the expanded options on Instacart or similar services now.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
100%. Have been for about 2 years.

I do anything I can to avoid ordering from them now. I get all my games at Best Buy. Both Best Buy and Walmart usually have free shipping, and it's reliable and faster. Buying games in-store at Walmart is still $10 off.

Amazon's service has taken a giant, noticeable nosedive. They clearly were just operating at a loss to become a near monopoly in the market, and then are in the "scale back services" phase now that people are locked in.

Fox Mulder

I do anything I can to avoid ordering from them now. I get all my games at Best Buy. Both Best Buy and Walmart usually have free shipping, and it's reliable and faster. Buying games in-store at Walmart is still $10 off.

Amazon's service has taken a giant, noticeable nosedive. They clearly were just operating at a loss to become a near monopoly in the market, and then are in the "scale back services" phase now that people are locked in.

They aren’t scaling back and still expanding everywhere. they are super logged with endless volume and churn though employees even at $15 and hour.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Not anymore but all last year my items were constantly delayed or late. Their customer service went downhill as well.

I didn't let them get away with late shipping. If they guaranteed a date and changed it, I got a gift card or my prime refunded for the month. Yup, the whole month. If you can't provide the monthly benefits all month, then I'm not paying for them.
Their policies are all over the place, so you may find that one customer service rep tells you no but the next tell you yes.

Last edited:

GloveSlap

They're packing is absolutely atrocious now too. They just just throw everything in a big plastic bag and slap a label on it. Everything where condition matters usually gets mangled.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
They're packing is absolutely atrocious now too. They just just throw everything in a big plastic bag and slap a label on it. Everything where condition matters usually gets mangled.
It's actually pretty interesting how willing they are to send you something damaged, then pay to replace it.

GloveSlap

It's actually pretty interesting how willing they are to send you something damaged, then pay to replace it.
Yeah, it's insane. They need some kind of flag in their system for collectibles. Its obvious that stuff like vinyl records and blu-ray steelbooks will get destroyed in an envelope and the buyer will not be happy.

Hari Seldon

Definitely not renewing prime unless they fix this shit. Or pay Prime monthly just when a new show comes out a la every other streaming service that I simply rotate through.

epicnemesis

For us it’s been lost items in transit. My wife had the same item get lost on two separate orders. Bezos really didn’t want her curling her eyelashes it seems.

When I lived in Metro Atlanta 3-4 years ago, 2 day were 100%. Even started getting 1 days.

Now where I live in FL it sucks. My town even has an Amazon warehouse. 2 days is probably 75% of the time if that.

Still getting 1-2 days here in NE metro ATL. Hope it doesn't stop lol.

Top Bottom