• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD 6600XT review

FireFly

They low-key released the best mining GPU ever - lol. The more I look at the numbers the more incredible it is. Almost tempting to make a rig of 'em. I think people don't understand this card will never be in stock at the MSRP they're crying about.
Doesn't mining performance depend heavily on memory bandwidth? And from what I've read, it doesn't seem like the IC helps much for mining either.

“That said, there are a couple of things. First of all, RDNA was designed from the ground up for gaming and RDNA 2 doubles up on this. And what I mean by this is, Infinity Cache and a smaller bus width were carefully chosen to hit a very specific gaming hit rate. However, mining specifically enjoys, or scales with, higher bandwidth and bus width so there are going to be limitations from an architectural level for mining itself.”

Kenpachii

holy shit man this card is actually the worst one.

106 degrees hahaha

6bd8cebd959fc4ec0ea59f2aea8b75b2.png

52 decibels basically vacuum cleaner sound.

Last edited:

Rikkori

Doesn't mining performance depend heavily on memory bandwidth? And from what I've read, it doesn't seem like the IC helps much for mining either.
Yes but look at efficiency, it's so high that now mining makes sense even in places with high electricity costs (DE, AU, etc.) Remember that the 6600XT got equipped with very fast gddr6 chips so the mem bw is actually pretty good.

rArPE9s.jpg

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Almost as if they were profit-oriented companies :messenger_smirking:

Companies do not have a moral compass. They only act friendly if they have something to gain from it and vice versa. That´s why fanboyism of any kind is so utterly stupid.
I wish we could pin this. Fanboys make my ass itch with their stupidity. First Intel were the heels. Now AMD has taken up the mantle and folks are trying to apologize for it. It's so wild, lol.

On topic, even though the 6600 XT is overpriced, it is nice to see the AIB's are selling it for the MSRP of $379. Only seen a couple at $499 and above, but for the most part, MSRP.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yes but look at efficiency, it's so high that now mining makes sense even in places with high electricity costs (DE, AU, etc.) Remember that the 6600XT got equipped with very fast gddr6 chips so the mem bw is actually pretty good.

rArPE9s.jpg

Undervolted 3060Ti and unlocked 3060s are probably still your best bet.
You can hit 60 at 110, alittle less at 100 with a 3060Ti
and with the 3060 you get near 50 at pocket change.

If with all the tuning you get 32@55 its good but it isnt worth it lest you can secure a million of these cards.

People are gonna acquire a million of these cards arent they?

Armorian

Banned
Undervolted 3060Ti and unlocked 3060s are probably still your best bet.
You can hit 60 at 110, alittle less at 100 with a 3060Ti
and with the 3060 you get near 50 at pocket change.

If with all the tuning you get 32@55 its good but it isnt worth it lest you can secure a million of these cards.

People are gonna acquire a million of these cards arent they?

My 3070 does 60 on ~120W.

Top Bottom