• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Truck Simulator |OT| Freedom gives me a Semi with a Heavy Load

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Drive from LA to SF feels much more like the real thing now, although the drive off the Bay Bridge into SF is still completely wrong, and the bridge itself is far too narrow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Volvo truck mod used to display the time on the center screen. Now it only shows a Volvo screen.

Is this a feature that can be switched back to the old way or is it possibly a bug with the update?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Volvo truck mod used to display the time on the center screen. Now it only shows a Volvo screen.

Is this a feature that can be switched back to the old way or is it possibly a bug with the update?

I'm guessing a lot of mods may have to be updated to properly work with 1.5.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nevermind, I got it working
D59B9EC57A09A241D8A9489F7D05A3D14B29A810

9A706B4B88E29963B562ECBF228453AED9DD608A
This Winter Mod is pretty decent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just did a t rip from Hornbrook to Pheonix which basically took me all the way through California top to bottom and I had to rest twice during the trip which is the first time I've ever had to do that in ATS to give you an idea of the length of the rescale
Enhanced lights+Winter is a great combo

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I've run a few jobs now with the new map and wow has it improved the feel of the game tremendously. The highways now feel like highways, interchanges and intersections with cities don't feel so cramped anymore, I can drive with fatigue turned on again because you aren't having to rest every 7 minutes! It feels just like ETS2 now but in America, which is a great thing and exactly what the game should be like. I am so glad they took the time to resize the map, it was most certainly the correct decision to make and I have to wonder now why they ever changed the scale downward in the first place, lol.

Now, time to start adding some new trucks, and then new states!

This game is still damn beautiful to me. Having actually driven many of these highways in real life I'm still astounded at how much the game's roads feel like the real roads. They've done a great job here.

U2NUMB

Well finally did it.. bought a wheel. Went with the T150 because it was cheap on Amazon and made BB price match. I know it is not the best on earth but it will do me just fine when I feel like using it.

I can not believe a trucking sim finally got me to buy a wheel.

Mengy

Well finally did it.. bought a wheel. Went with the T150 because it was cheap on Amazon and made BB price match. I know it is not the best on earth but it will do me just fine when I feel like using it.

Euro Truck Sim 2 is the game that finally got me to buy my G27 and I don't regret it one bit. One of the best gaming purchases I ever made, should have done it many, many years ago.

Of course, DiRT Rally is the game that truly makes my G27 worth every single penny!

Anton668

there is nothing wrong with the T150, that amazon price is about to make me order one as well!

Hmm had not considered that... But good point. I just need a camera right? Or is there more to it?
well, kinda? there is a free open source program that will use a web cam for tracking but I could never get it working with my camera. best to spend the cash and get a Track IR

World of Trucks Holiday event:
Here come the rules of this Christmas Event:

Deliver gifts from World Of Trucks Job Offers (External Contracts) to at least 10 DIFFERENT cities across European and American continents. Log in to your World of Trucks account to begin.

Reward: Event-exclusive Dragon Truck Design DLC Steam keys, one for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and one for American Truck Simulator, plus a special World of Trucks achievement.

Euro Truck Simulator 2:

2 Exclusive Paintjobs
Front Wheel Hub Cover
Rear Wheel Hub Cover
Exclusive Dragon Designed Interior Backlight

American Truck Simulator:

2 Exclusive Paintjobs
Front Wheel Hub Cover
Rear Wheel Hub Cover
Exclusive Steering Wheel

Jedi2016

...did they take pictures of a monitor and used those as screenshots?
Yup. There are indeed people who haven't figured out that screenshots are a thing. I think I have three different programs that can take screenshots, all running at the same time (Steam, EVGA Precision, and GeForce Experience).

Well I've been able to finish all 10 jobs. The neon dragon paint jobs are the cool ones. I also put on the dragon wheel parts, but it's a shame they can't be colored.

Since then, I've just been filling in the map on both games.

U2NUMB

Why is SCS posting Arizona on their feeds again?

Very odd.. gotta just be a mistake. I would expect them to either remove it or post a sorry. But not good when the community is begging for more content.

They also reposted the France DLC saying OUT ON DEC 5th.. so something happened in their social dept.

SCS Confirms that New Mexico is their next DLC for ATS
Today marks one year anniversary of American Truck Simulator's release. When we started working on the game way back several years ago, it was with a tiny team of five people, and still we were not sure if we can sustain the development. But we persisted, and were rewarded by a very strong launch on the market and a warm reception by the community as well as gaming press. This gave us the confidence to bolster the team and raise our ambition for the scale of the project.

At this moment, over 20 people focus solely on ATS development; an internal team plus a network of full-time contractors. Still it is not enough. We are well aware that the game's fans would like to see more content, more vehicles, more game features, more optimizations, faster progress. To make this possible, we keep growing the company - our vision is to at least double our production bandwidth for both American Truck as well as Euro Truck 2. We have been adding a few new people to the company pretty much every month during 2016, and we'll definitely keep on growing through 2017. All this new talent does and will make a difference that you should definitely notice.

We are happy to confirm that the next map expansion for American Truck Simulator will be the state of New Mexico!

From my limited knowledge of the US, New Mexico is bigger than Nevada and Arizona, so hopefully there will be a sizeable addition to the game. Only thing that worries me is that the screenshots they posted didn't have too many super distinct features, so they might have a lot of work ahead of them before release.

GeoGonzo

While news of any map expansion are always welcome I was hoping we'd go towards the more visually interesting northwest. Maybe next time?

From my limited knowledge of the US, New Mexico is bigger than Nevada and Arizona, so hopefully there will be a sizeable addition to the game.

It is bigger than Arizona, but not by much, only 8,000 square miles. Still, it's cool that they've officially announced this. I do recall them talking about doing Oregon and Washington as well.

Mengy

Sweet! No surprise there, New Mexico next made the most sense from an asset point of view for them.

I personally love the state, it's far more scenic than most people realize, but yeah there isn't a whole lot of anything exceptionally memorable in it, lol. Lot's of wide open highways where you can really open up the throttle. Looks like they are doing it justice though, I see some of the scenic rest stops in the pics!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
How accurate are the roads and towns in this game? If I wanted to drive to, say, Rachel, Nevada, (Area 51) would it be in the game?

They're approximations only. They give the feel of various areas but not with much street accuracy.

The only cities/towns in Nevada in the game are Carson City, Elko, Ely, Jackpot, Las Vegas, Pioche, Primm, Reno, Tonopah, and Winnemucca. There is, however, an Area 51 mod you can get for the game.

How accurate are the roads and towns in this game? If I wanted to drive to, say, Rachel, Nevada, (Area 51) would it be in the game?

Rachel is in the game. If you look at the map of Nevada, you can see a hook going off SR 375. If you're there at night, you can sometimes see 2 floating lights going around.

The map isn't completely accurate, though. I-10 stops short of Los Angeles, and I-80 doesn't go into San Francisco.

They're approximations only. They give the feel of various areas but not with much street accuracy.

The only cities/towns in Nevada in the game are Carson City, Elko, Ely, Jackpot, Las Vegas, Pioche, Primm, Reno, Tonopah, and Winnemucca. There is, however, an Area 51 mod you can get for the game.

There are some places that are in the game but aren't labeled on the map. You have to look for the "Entering/Leaving" signs on the road. This includes Rachel and other places like Globe, Arizona.

U2NUMB

Awesome.. DLC announced.. wish we had a date but I am there day one. I want every state and will pay for each one.. glad they have added a ton of people to the team. Keep pumping it out!

Mengy

I was hoping they would expand to Mexico to see a bit more variety.

Hopefully in the future.

They have Oregon and Washington planned, one of those two is most likely next. We'll get tons of variety from those two.

U2NUMB

They have Oregon and Washington planned, one of those two is most likely next. We'll get tons of variety from those two.

I dont know.. sure seems like they are making a bee line to Texas which might work for next. I hope you are right but it just seems like to satisfy the constant complaints about more states doing a texas next would be easier as it is similar to what they have done texture wise.

Mengy

I dont know.. sure seems like they are making a bee line to Texas which might work for next. I hope you are right but it just seems like to satisfy the constant complaints about more states doing a texas next would be easier as it is similar to what they have done texture wise.

They do want to eventually go coast to coast, most likely via Texas, but before that I think they want to go up the west coast and into Alaska in order to add more terrain variety and interesting places to drive to. New Mexico was an “easy” next state because it looks so much like Arizona already.

I’m hoping a new truck or two comes soon too, plus more accessories. That is one area where ETS2 is so much better, truck and upgrade variety, and ATS could use both IMHO.

Open beta for ATS 1.6 is live on Steam. Seems to be mostly realism and simulation changes in this update:
MAIN FEATURES

Weigh station pass device
Trailer liftable axles
Differential lock
Adaptive transmission modes (power, normal, eco)
Improved engine simulation model (friction, braking, consumption)

MINOR CHANGES

Air pressure simulation improved (pressure buildup, cut-off sound, application pressure), working air pressure values fixed
Transmission input shaft simulation (double clutch)
Coin sound tweaked
Field Of View (FOV) range increased to 40-120 degrees in adjuster
If engine brake toggle input is not assigned, increase/decrease engine brake input work similar to retarder (in range from 0 to maximum)
Tuned wheel noise to be more noticeable with loud engines
Multiple fueling points on gas stations
g_force_economy_reset flag is disabled after economy reset

MOD

Single "overrides" (forced default) rule can be used instead of defaults-suitable rule pair across linked accessories
All pressure unit set consistently to bars (data, animation, dashboard UI)
Nominal air_tank_pressure value added to chassis data
Changed interior animations: all air, oil and brake pressure (gauges, indicators)
New interior animation: trailer axle lift (indicator), differential lock (button, indicator)
New engine data: resistance_torque (measured at 2000 rpm)
Coin sound made moddable in the same way as other sounds (through .ogg file)

Top Bottom