• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

And today in Games journalism 101. Kotaku heard something that does not exist (keeps up the article)

MagnesG

Banned
to be honest the word on the track sounds a lot like retarded, and we still don't have any confirmation about what it actually says, since it's an improvised part that does not appear in the lyrics (thus the atlus esponse about the lyrics not having the word in it, we do know that already).

it can definitely also just be confirmation bias..they tell you that a word is in it an you will keep hearing it forever.

it can also just actually be the word retarded from a foreign speaker that doesn't necessarely abides by the same cultural standards and thus sees no harm in it..from this point of view the first article was definitely hinting too much towards ill wil without any kind of proof other than the "i can say it" part that follows.

also,they were in the wrong to not wait for nintendo or atlus reply before the irst article, but they already kind of admitted that
It can be seen as 'retort it' or 'ritardando', a musical term meaning "slowing down". Either way them feeling entitled to clarify an improvements piece is bad, so bad. How could they verify it when it is not in the original? Does the original singer have to reply to a random gaming site for an accusatory article and slander? - the article still up on the site for 2 days does not help the case. Man, imagine the original singer being asked such question.

Umm... She stabbed her friend in the back, a friend who helped her get her position at Kotaku. A friend who, when she was attacked for being associated with him, stopped being her friend so she would keep her job. A friend who had fucking cancer while all that was going on, but would still shit talk him because her new group hated him. And when he died from the cancer and an article was made to shit on his grave, she made no move to defend him (I'm of course talking about Totalbiscuit). This woman is completely untrustworthy. She'll stab you in the back and then throw you under the bus the moment it suits her.
Is she a she? Is that a rude question to ask?

angelic

Banned
It can be seen as 'retort it' or 'ritardando', a musical term meaning "slowing down". Either way them feeling entitled to clarify an improvements piece is bad, so bad. How could they verify it when it is not in the original? Does the original singer have to reply to a random gaming site for an accusatory article and slander? - the article still up on the site for 2 days does not help the case. Man, imagine the original singer being asked such question.

Is she a she? Is that a rude question to ask?

Google image should answer you pretty quickly.

Saber

Gold Member
Useful article on the lack of ethics and crowdbegging from LKD here:

My brother showed me last day.

It was pathetic to read this history. The gender swaping and "this person" in particular. This is a kinda of person that only survives by using her vitimism as a shield. Just wonder how this people survive in real life.

Last edited:

Raven117

I haven't given them a click in about a year now. That's the only good thing about a ban - not making it easy to give them thier precious clicks.

I like to see OPs put a cached or archived link so we can check sources but not feed them.
That would be a solid solution.

DonF

The modern world seems to encourage them, too. I hope to see the reversal of all this crap and back to sanity. Ian Hinck being associated with Zoe Quinn is a huge downer too.
Easy allies are mostly politic less and neutral, so thats a huge HUGE downer for me too. Zoe Quinn is nothing but a hack.

A damn shame.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Easy allies are mostly politic less and neutral, so thats a huge HUGE downer for me too. Zoe Quinn is nothing but a hack.

A damn shame.

Ian (and Damiani to a lesser extent) are the most political members of the EZA group. They have, on numerous occasions, tried to interject politics into non-political situations. Sadly, much of the community defends these two and their inane comments/claims. It has gotten to the point that I just don't watch any EZA content that is written by or involves these two (unless it is in an editing role).

rubenburgt

The original article is stil not updated.
What the heck?

It's contains false information and it is racist. Why has it not been deleted yet or at least updated?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ritartando sounds like something a 7 year old Sega Genesis fanboy would say on the playground back during the Clone Wars 16 bit era to insult Nintendo.

Or conversely something an anti Nintendo fanboy would say today. So I expect to see it being used here in the coming days.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

Obligatory

Hopefully going independent she learns from this rather than throwing stones from behind the shield of an enterprise.

While we're at it, I believe that the name "Super Smash Bros" invokes a disturbing undertone of college frat boys "smashing" college girls. This will ultimately encourage the rape culture in the minds of youth who engage in Nintendo's first party title.

Lol, every time I see Smash Bros. I'm always going to think about frat bros smashing girls now. Thanks a lot jerk.

zeorhymer

Obligatory

Hopefully going independent she learns from this rather than throwing stones from behind the shield of an enterprise.
I doubt it. From all the stuff she's written, she's most likely going to blame everyone and play the victim card because everyone is against her.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
I doubt it. From all the stuff she's written, she's most likely going to blame everyone and play the victim card because everyone is against her.

Yeah, with Kotaku there were only senior editors to blame. As an independent, LKD can blame everyone!

So stunning. So brave.

Obligatory

Good article.

Untrue!!!

200.webp

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Lol, every time I see Smash Bros. I'm always going to think about frat bros smashing girls now. Thanks a lot jerk.
Funny anecdote

My local console-bar has smash on a projecter (Don't get me started). To give further context, it's in another room with a archway in between that blocks the view of the screen.
I am often given crazy looks by newer/not so gamer people for asking "Do you want to go play a round of smash?" and pointing towards that section when you can't see the screen

brap

Banned
Wait wait wait... was LKD the one who got suuuuuuper pissed at that one dude for misgendering her when she had rainbow-colored hair and looked genuinely insane?
Yes. Also

(not even a real vagina who knows what the fuck is festering in there)

Here's some more juicy gossip

Last edited:

Kacho

Wait wait wait... was LKD the one who got suuuuuuper pissed at that one dude for misgendering her when she had rainbow-colored hair and looked genuinely insane?

Yep. Also claimed an Uber driver tried kidnapping him at E3 years ago. I’d dig up the tweet chain but I’m too lazy right now. It was very over dramatic and obviously bullshit.

Pretty sure he also got banned or kicked out of some gay pride event for causing shit. Something about getting into it with real lesbians who weren’t happy with guys saying they’re lesbians or something.

LKD clearly has issues.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yep. Also claimed an Uber driver tried kidnapping him at E3 years ago. I’d dig up the tweet chain but I’m too lazy right now. It was very over dramatic and obviously bullshit.

Pretty sure he also got banned or kicked out of some gay pride event for causing shit. Something about getting into it with real lesbians who weren’t happy with guys saying they’re lesbians or something.

LKD clearly has issues.

Why do people tolerate this?

Barnabot

I wonder if this has anything to do with the “Nintendo maybe, maybe not put ‘retarded’ in a song” article?
Totally your imagination. Maybe Kotaku was cutting down some expenses and it was just that. You could never get fired just because you made up things in your work which gave the company which you work a bad look.

/s

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Totally your imagination. Maybe Kotaku was cutting down some expenses and it was just that. You could never get fired just because you made up things in your work which gave the company which you work a bad look.

/s
Yeah totally. After all, LKD “made the exciting yet scary decision”. Lol.

Get paid to write bullshit and then give that up on your own accord. Yeah, that happened.

The Skull

Must be very exciting yet scary for her to to put her patreon back up. Sadly idiots will keep funding her and reinforce the kind of behaviour she exhibits.

Top Bottom