• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Big Delay Incoming?

Roufianos

Heard this on the ACG Podcast hosted by our very own Karak. Go check him out if you haven't.

Anyway, he said he knows of a game delay which is yet to be announced, one that's gonna piss people off.

Guesses? I'm thinking one of Watch Dogs or AC. He said it isn't as big as Halo so we can probably rule out Spiderman.

Last edited:
Heard this on the ACG Podcast hosted by our very own Karak. Go check him out if you haven't.

Anyway, he said he knows of a game delay which is yet to be announced, one that's gonna piss people off.

Guesses? I'm thinking one of Watch Dogs or AC. He said it isn't as big as Halo so we can probably rule out Spiderman.
Nobody will be pissed of because of Watch Dogs delay. I can imagine some people being pissed of because Assassin's Creed so maybe it's that.

AC should be the one, at least from the videos I watched it didn’t look polished at all. It could even be Cyberpunk 2077, because of that “that's gonna piss people off.”, but we’ll see.

THEAP99

Banned
It has to be cyberpunk. It’ll be like the 3rd delay it’s gotten. People are gonna flip. And me personally I heard prior to this last delay that they were running behind on a lot of stuff.

imagine if it’s Godfall or some PS-5 launch game.That’ll be hilarious how these things come full circle But also suck ass lol

Last edited:
Not many big games have release dates yet. My guess is either AC: Valhalla or CP2077. Either would be another blow for MS advertising this year.

Last edited:
I was pissed off at Cyberpunk not because of the delay, but how crap the combat looked and how sparse the environment looks. If it's delayed again until next year, you'd hope that would give them time to fix the combat.

The empty streets can't be fixed because of the netbook CPUs this game is built around.

Last edited:

The Fartist

My 2070 will be obsolete by the time CyberPunk releases. Goddamit.

biC073Y.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
I think it may be cyberpunk as well, but how would this article specifically point towards a sign of another delay?

Basing on timelines and speculation. I don't think AC delays or WD delays would cause that much of an issue/outcry.

It’s fair to say that melee was one of the weaker links of the game back when we played the first four hours of Cyberpunk 2077 back in June. We described it as a “simple but fun”, and reminiscent of the combat in The Elder Scrolls games....

Ouch!

“We’re still a couple of months before release, and I’m actually right now working on melee. We’re spending a lot of time trying to perfect that, and we basically, we’re not 100 percent happy, mostly with visual feedback on the hits, on the melee,” Kapala said. “So, we’re still working on it.”

They are working towards October gold prints for November release, this will need QA and probably focus testing as well

“I’m happy to say that, even right now, it’s much better than it was. And it’s going to get even better. And we acknowledge that this is something that we need to perfect, basically. But as you said, melee in a first-person game is extremely difficult, from the get-go. So, it wasn’t an easy task,

....We’re working on it.”

I'd say they are pretty good indicators. Something like this you don't want to be patching afterwards or after reviewer get their code. I think there's enough there to infer there is a delay incoming.

It could also be the Beyond Light expansion for Destiny 2 as that would piss people off, and is definitely being looked forward to.

Last edited:

Stuart360

It surely cant be Cyberpunk again, its already had what 3 delays so far?. He said its not as big a game as Halo, and Cyberpunk would def sell more than Halo.
WatchDogs, well i have barely seen anyone say anything good about that game, literally. Valhalla would suck for me as its my most wanted next gen game.
I'd guess its more likely something like Scorn or The Medium, or Spiderman.

THEAP99

Banned
Basing on timelines and speculation. I don't think AC delays or WD delays would cause that much of an issue/outcry.

Ouch!

They are working towards October gold prints for November release, this will need QA and probably focus testing as well

I'd say they are pretty good indicators. Something like this you don't want to be patching afterwards or after reviewer get their code. I think there's enough there to infer there is a delay incoming.

It could also be the Beyond Light expansion for Destiny 2 as that would piss people off, and is definitely being looked forward to.
The thing that makes me doubt it’s cyberpunk tbh is how he said the game isn’t as big halo. Cyberpunk 2077 is for sure going to be a huge release, I wouldn’t say it’s that much smaller than halo if at all.

but yeah logically I think cyberpunk would be the logical answer here cus it would cause the most outcry. Watch dogs meh. Assassins creed .. maybe

Inviusx

Good shout, they might eb struggling to fit their next release on 4 blu rays

Well Warzone is doing well for them at the moment and they haven't even announced this years cod yet which is weird as it's normally around March when they reveal.

Calverz

Personally im going with spiderman because id argue thats not as big as halo. Whereas Cod and cyberpunk is by far now.
I dont think that many people would be pissed about WD or AC.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Only things that would actually make me a little bummed out would be Cyberpunk, or any major Nintendo games (Mario 50th birthday party saga).

Reactions: Isa

cormack12

Gold Member
Well Warzone is doing well for them at the moment and they haven't even announced this years cod yet which is weird as it's normally around March when they reveal.

Someone had a tease in game from Warzone which suggested a 21.11.20 release date but i can't find it now.

How are people reading 'not as big as Halo' and thinking AC:V & CP2077? Do you not understand how little relevance Halo has anymore and how big these games are? It's not 2004 any longer.
Indeed, that was confusing me too. Even Watch Dogs 3 is arguably a bigger deal than Halo is these days.

CP2077 in particular is the most hyped and anticipated game outside of maybe FF7R and TLOU2 this year. It's almost a big of a deal as the next gen systems themselves.

Could it be The Medium maybe?

That would certainly be consistent with Xbox's current run of bad luck, has 3 platforms to develop for, had that weird ray tracing thing they said was a mistake on the description, and would be a big deal without being Halo big.

Last edited:

demigod

It surely cant be Cyberpunk again, its already had what 3 delays so far?. He said its not as big a game as Halo, and Cyberpunk would def sell more than Halo.
WatchDogs, well i have barely seen anyone say anything good about that game, literally. Valhalla would suck for me as its my most wanted next gen game.
I'd guess its more likely something like Scorn or The Medium, or Spiderman.
Personally im going with spiderman because id argue thats not as big as halo. Whereas Cod and cyberpunk is by far now.
I dont think that many people would be pissed about WD or AC.

Y’all might want to check spiderman sales, it sold twice more than halo 5.

I’m going with cyberpunk as the game that’s going to be delayed.....again.

Last edited:

Rac3r

Doubt it's AC. Honestly, who gives a shit about AC anymore? Imagine being mad about a Valhalla delay.

If it's Cyberpunk then I have no issues. We've waited this long, so we might as well wait a little longer for perfection. I'd also love it if they announced it as a next-gen only title. Prob a stretch though.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Cyberpunk seems most likely. I really can’t think of any other announced games for the launch window that would piss people off.

Edit: he says it’s not as big as Halo. Is there anything that people would care about enough to get pissed off about that’s not as big as Halo?

Last edited:
man you guys are some negative nancys. Halo was a big deal. If it wasn't the whole gaming community wouldn't have cared. Assassins creed is still a big game every time it releases. In fact you can argue its never been more popular. Ghosts of tsuima and days gone, and death stranding all big games scored worse than halo 5. Its still a force in the gaming industry and based on the gameplay its gonna be awesome. I vote watch dogs. Will still be a big deal but not as big of a deal and going against cyberpunk is a bad move

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Hows a WD delay gonna piss anyone off besides investors?

Top Bottom