• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Big Delay Incoming?

Ellery

As far as what I have seen in terms of gameplay I would hope they are delaying AC Valhalla because it simply doesn't look like a 2020 game compared to the other godly titles we have seen this year.

Like others have said Cyberpunk 2077 is much bigger than Halo. Cyberpunk is Margot Robbie and Halo is Ron Perlman with a wig.

I don't have many other games on my radar right now that could be delayed

Reactions: MrS
I already said it in another thread its Cyberpunk 2077. As much as we love CDPR for Witcher 3 and their business model they were simply way too overambitious with Cyberpunk...

edit: even if Karak Karak isn't talking about CP, it will surely be delayed as well. That's just my gut feeling.

Last edited:
I suppose in fairness we've only got one guys opinion that it's not as big a game as Halo.

He might just not know a lot about gaming and think Halo is still as big of a deal as it was a decade ago.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm gonna be pissed if it's Cyberpunk. this would be the 3rd time. it was meant to be out in April, September, November....if they delay it to 2021 then they can go take a fuck to themselves. i don't mind a delay but if it's 2-3 times then just fuck off. i really liked The Witcher games but there is only so much i can forgive them if they keep pulling this shit. they are already doing worse than Rockstar.

i had put time off work for the September release. just put in time off for november...if i need to go get my holidays changed again i'm not gonna be happy.

i think both delays happened at 91 days before launch. we're currently 94 days left so if we can get to Thursday with no delay then we should be ok....

Last edited:
  • LOL

MrS

Banned
i'm gonna be pissed if it's Cyberpunk. this would be the 3rd time. it was meant to be out in April, September, November....if they delay it to 2021 then they can go take a fuck to themselves. i don't mind a delay but if it's 2-3 times then just fuck off. i really liked The Witcher games but there is only so much i can forgive them if they keep pulling this shit. they are already doing worse than Rockstar.

i had put time off work for the September release. just put in time off for november...if i need to go get my holidays changed again i'm not gonna be happy.

i think both delays happened at 91 days before launch. we're currently 94 days left so if we can get to Thursday with no delay then we should be ok....
065.gif

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Would hardly be surprising if it's CP, would it? Gameplay trailers have looked shocking from a combat perspective.
i actually think combat looked a bit better. the melee looked improved but it seems they still aren't happy with it. they said it was visual feedback so hopefully they can fix it before launch.

oh and fuck off for the craig shite. grow up.

Last edited:
I think its gonna be cyber punk as that would probably piss off the most people. Only reason I'm swayed is that in my eyes cyber punk and assassin creed are just as big if not bigger than halo.

My other guess would be Dying Light 2, I mean everyone loved the first, its probably not quite as big as halo and has already had a few delays so another might piss folk off?

Gediminas

Banned
it is not gonna be Cyberpunk. i am sure 100%. they are in full marketing. the other day they did Night City Wire and promised next one soon. in the video they showed released date at least 3-4 times.
you just don't do that if you are ready to delay the game.
they had 0 marketing in place last times the game was delayed, it was shining from horizon - "we gonna delay". but not this time.

at this point, game is coming on 19th of November.

Assassins Creed, Spider Man i would guess have bigger chances to be delayed. even Avengers are lackluster and needs more developing time.

Last edited:

martino

after emotions it's always a good news when they try to make better game (if it's not like described in two posts above)

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
CD Projekt RED statement

We are finally excited to announce Cyberpunk 2077 has gone gold. This historical fantasy RPG allows players to go back to simpler times when humans were still mostly flesh and bone and were missing primitive functions like eye zoom and mantis arms.

xrnzaaas

My guess would be Cyberpunk. People wouldn't be so pissed about Watch Dogs or AC delay. Imo it would be better if the game fully supported PS5 & XSEX power from day1, not through a next-gen patch added later on.

Last edited:

Life

Man rumourville needs to take a chill pill. Are we really discussing rumours of a game that COULD get delayed? Who cares? So many things have been delayed/cancelled this year. Surely there are better things to discuss.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Prob won’t be spider man since it’s scale is so small.

Any chance it’s avengers the game is rough as fuck.

Kydd BlaZe

I actually hope it is Cyberpunk. I couldn’t believe it wasn’t launching with the next gen patch anyway. Put the game out when it’s ready.

MastaKiiLA

Sounds like a rando guess. Just say the name. What's going to happen, the game won't be delayed? If you fear exposing your source due to social ties, then leak the name through someone else reputable. Game delays are common, so this doesn't sound like more than throwing shit at the wall, and hoping something sticks.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Probably one of the Ubisoft titles.
Havent they been going through quite a hard time lately.....the final polish of a game is usually all hands on deck, Ubisoft have been at all hands on ass for a while so they are likely behind on polish in atleast one of their titles

PresetError

Neophyte
I don't think it's Cyberpunk 2077. But if it's Cyberpunk 2077 there will be MASSIVE backlash.

As for the clues OP gives, pretty much any game delay is going to piss people off these days and pretty much any game is smaller than HALO Infinite in terms of budget.

If I had to pick a game people would be really pissed about getting delayed it's Elden Ring, but I don't think it has a release date yet.

GHG

Would hardly be surprising if it's CP, would it? Gameplay trailers have looked shocking from a combat perspective.

I thought the latest one looked great. In fact it was the first time I've been sold on the game.

Whatever it is can wait anyway, I've got more games than I do enough time to play them.

MrS

Banned
I thought the latest one looked great. In fact it was the first time I've been sold on the game.

Whatever it is can wait anyway, I've got more games than I do enough time to play them.
Graphics and RPG elements look cool but the combat looks like it still needs work imho. Day one regardless, looks like it's gonna be a cool game.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Personally im going with spiderman because id argue thats not as big as halo. Whereas Cod and cyberpunk is by far now.
I dont think that many people would be pissed about WD or AC.
Spider-man is definitely bigger than Halo

Perrott

That's what I was thinking but I don't know when it was supposed to be coming out.
It's coming out in october but I don't think that it is going to sell well. If I was EA, I would delay Squadrons to january - same month as Ace Combat 7 launched in 2019 - and include PS5 and XSX enhancements.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
We just saw Halo delayed those 343 guys are going to be losing out on sales this holiday season

Top Bottom