• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Glimpse of (Metroid) Dread

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Metroid Other M (Wii is running this) for comparison:

This is no excuse for it not being a proper budget game.

Other M is literally the best looking game on the Wii. It's stunning. That's a totally different development team.

That's my point though. It's different people, and these people are making a game at the level of their current experience / track record. They're obviously not Team Ninja.

Wait for Prime 4 if you don't want Dread. Retro is at a different level than Mercury Steam's 3DS team.

Last edited:

Marty-McFly

Banned
Relax man. Looks like Metroid envy to me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They should have dedicated a big budget for this. They have the money and the resources to do it properly.
Nintendo sadly only care about mario and zelda. Even Fire Emblem got a nice budget.

Looks indie AF, but it's better than nothing I guess...

Are you really discussing quality here? Have you looked at this shit:

Bloodstained was actually made by an INDIE TEAM, it doesn't run locked 60fps on Xbox one X.
Are you that up there into Nintendo's ass, that you're incapable of seeing the difference of 3DS and switch hardware?

The game lacks textures and when it does have them, it looks like the brown/grey games we got on the PS360 era.
Watch the trailer and see for yourself:

You can count the colors on the screen with ONE HAND.

Seriously dude, get of the "nintendo can do no wrong" horse.
Remember when Halo Infinite looked like shit and everyone complained?

Now you're telling me this looks good, when we know what Nintendo can do?

Look at fucking Ori, it runs on switch and it looks amazing. Does nintendo lack the money to do a proper 2D metroid with Ori like graphics?

1hWc.gif

It should be called Metroid Colorless. Look at Super Metroid, Zero Mission... fuck even the original NES game has more colors than this.
It's not having a rainbow at every corner, but look how lackluster the environments are.
It doesn't look good at all. I'm a fan and I was waiting for a decent 2D Metroid since Zero Mission, it looks like this is a very low effort (and budget) game, from a company that is selling an overpriced hardware for years, and that made great looking games in said platform.

My point was it was ported as they could into a low spec hardware, my example was how it didn't run great on (at the time) was the best console specs wise

I brought up because of the graphics that they achieved on switch on a 2d game.

It's not just the graphics, it screams low budget on everything. Look at Metroid Prime, this looks on par and slightly worse at times than that and it was a game that was released 19 years ago.

No dude, I'm complaining about lack of environmental diversity, it looks like they ported a 3DS game and just increased the resolution.
It's metal, ice, "heat" environments and that's it. Slap a different color light and boom, new environment? WTF? This would fly on Gamecube or on PS360 era, the hardware lack memory to have a broader pallet, bigger geometry.

It's a fucking 2.5D game, there is no excuse for it looking like an indie title, this is Metroid.
Specially because you're only rendering fixed camera environments, it should look gorgeous, the camera is far away and barely moves around.

Does ANYTHING in Metroid Dread looking taxing? Any highly detailed bosses, environments, effects? Anything realistic in there at all?

Stop giving Nintendo a free pass, this looks like an indie studio doing a metroidvania.

Astral Dog

No dude, I'm complaining about lack of environmental diversity, it looks like they ported a 3DS game and just increased the resolution.
It's metal, ice, "heat" environments and that's it. Slap a different color light and boom, new environment? WTF? This would fly on Gamecube or on PS360 era, the hardware lack memory to have a broader pallet, bigger geometry.

It's a fucking 2.5D game, there is no excuse for it looking like an indie title, this is Metroid.
Specially because you're only rendering fixed camera environments, it should look gorgeous, the camera is far away and barely moves around.

Does ANYTHING in Metroid Dread looking taxing? Any highly detailed bosses, environments, effects? Anything realistic in there at all?

Stop giving Nintendo a free pass, this looks like an indie studio doing a metroidvania.
I think the water looks really pretty 🥰

And Samus suit looks badass 😎 Corpious, the boss monster looks like a nasty guy i like him

Kuranghi

Jesu Christi, even Jaysius managed to air his dislike/disgust and not sound like a absolute pair of trousers mate, if he can do it you can too. Metroid Prime had less polygonal detail and worse textures than Dread has, you can see that in the video you linked, so thats a bizarre comparison.

Looks cool so far, I await more gameplay with bated breath.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Just editted the OP to add this:

THIS GAME IS BEING DUBBED IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!! Here you can see this moment of the trailer in full spain spanish voices (from Nintendo España account):

Faithless83

Banned
It's not "giving Nintendo a free pass"... it's just that most started to not care at all... Most of Nintendo complainers always talk about graphics, most of Nintendo actual buyers talk about gameplay, as long as the actual art style fits.

There you have lots of people complaining about new Pokemon game coming next year cause it looks ugly as sin, this time graphics do diservice to the experience and that's a general sentiment... regarding this game, I was like you until I saw Treehouse gameplay which shows more variety on everything and I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg
The minute you stop being vocal about what's wrong, we get Battlefront 2 MTX BS. It doesn't live up to even Metroid Other M standards. Metroid SR was ok because it was running on 3DS, now they can't push this as ok anymore, they have the hardware to develop for.
Other M is literally the best looking game on the Wii. It's stunning. That's a totally different development team.

That's my point though. It's different people, and these people are making a game at the level of their current experience / track record. They're obviously not Team Ninja.
Why does this need to look worse? Because it's a different team or because its lacking a proper budget? It's obviously the later.
Is Nintendo financially struggling?
Wait for Prime 4 if you don't want Dread. Retro is at a different level than Mercury Steam's 3DS team.
I don't like the Prime series, to me it's an FPS made for people who can't aim, with Metroidvania elements. I was really happy for this at first, but the closer we get, the more we see that's the budget is not there. It's the "second class IP" and by the looks of it, it always will be.
Relax man. Looks like Metroid envy to me :messenger_tears_of_joy:
If people are complaining is because they care... I could simply do a drive by post saying "it looks like shit". I'm elaborating and giving examples on why it does look like shit.
Jesu Christi, even Jaysius managed to air his dislike/disgust and not sound like a absolute pair of trousers mate, if he can do it you can too. Metroid Prime had less polygonal detail and worse textures than Dread has, you can see that in the video you linked, so thats a bizarre comparison.

Looks cool so far, I await more gameplay with bated breath.
I've also provided Other M for comparison, what's your take on that? Even so, we are talking 2001/2006 hardware there. Does Metroid Dread look a lot better then the games I've mentioned?

Check my first post in the thread and the replies I'm getting. All I'm doing is showing how much people are shilling for Nintendo.
I know people are not used to this, so please don't be triggered.

Marty-McFly

Banned
If people are complaining is because they care... I could simply do a drive by post saying "it looks like shit". I'm elaborating and giving examples on why it does look like shit.
Fantastic. Instead, you've decided to muck the whole thread up. Thanks for caring. Maybe you should air your grievances somewhere it will be heard though like petition in front of Nintendo head quarters.

Kataploom

Gold Member
The minute you stop being vocal about what's wrong, we get Battlefront 2 MTX BS. It doesn't live up to even Metroid Other M standards. Metroid SR was ok because it was running on 3DS, now they can't push this as ok anymore, they have the hardware to develop for.
What's wrong to each one depends on each one.

I'm very happy that Nintendo released Skyward Sword HD with no changes on graphic style or effects, but with a boost to 60 fps since I already like how that game looks (and don't want them to ruin graphics like they did with WWHD but that's another story). I'll buy it some time later because I don't care if they spent billions or peanuts on it, I get what I want to get, period.

Same for Metroid, you can't judge people for not criticizing other things using your own criteria, each one has different priorities.

Also, remember two things: 1. Most young people play way less graphically intensive games on their phones, 2. Most Nintendo players tend to go hand-in-hand with indie market due to high gameplay focus and are more attracted to art style.

Kuranghi

Why does this need to look worse? Because it's a different team or because its lacking a proper budget? It's obviously the later.

I don't like the Prime series, to me it's an FPS made for people who can't aim, with Metroidvania elements. I was really happy for this at first, but the closer we get, the more we see that's the budget is not there. It's the "second class IP" and by the looks of it, it always will be.

I've also provided Other M for comparison, what's your take on that? Even so, we are talking 2001/2006 hardware there. Does Metroid Dread look a lot better then the games I've mentioned?

Check my first post in the thread and the replies I'm getting. All I'm doing is showing how much people are shilling for Nintendo.

"Shilling", right. Also saying WE are triggered is a fucking laugh riot :messenger_tears_of_joy: You're the one who dislikes everything about this and instead of getting on with your life you've decided to come and tell us all how "wrong" we are for liking it.

Other M looks better in some ways, but Dread looks better in some ways. So what? I would defer to what Punished Miku Punished Miku is saying in that regard, its different teams, its different everything. You must know by now that Nintendo don't give a fudge about graphical fidelity.

So we're saying we are excited for a game and that we intend to buy it even though we don't really think it looks good to... do ourselves out of money and have a bad time? We aren't exactly giving speeches about how amazing it is to a crowd of Metroid fanclub members, we're just expressing our enjoyment of the potential of what we've seen so far.

I'm with you that I wish it had a bigger budget and better HW to give it higher fidelity in general but we don't so whats the point in going on about it. I don't agree with you that it looks colourless though, thats just what they are going for with the theme it seems to me. I don't love Metroid Prime 1 and 2 because of the texture resolution and model detail, I like the animations, designs, concepts and gameplay.

I shouldn't have called you a pair of trousers, I'm sorry for that.

edit - I appreciate you not just drive by shit posting and explaining more but so much of your complaints outside of the colour comparison the answer is like, what can we even do about that? Its a bit too late to be saying you are disappointed with Switch HW and even if it was the best of the best from the Ninty internal teams working on this that wouldn't mean they can magically make the Switch run faster either.

I'm consistently heartbroken that we have to view all the amazing Nintendo art and designs through the shitwindow of aliasing and framerate drops that the current HW provides and when I see Wii, Wii U and Switch games at native 4K or higher in emulator I think "Why can't I play it like this day one!?!???" but ofc the answer is they don't care about that stuff so they won't put out a crazy expensive Pro model just for the minority that I'm in.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Just editted the OP to add this:

THIS GAME IS BEING DUBBED IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!! Here you can see this moment of the trailer in full spain spanish voices (from Nintendo España account):

Hopefully its very faithful to the Spanish language:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
It should be called Metroid Colorless. Look at Super Metroid, Zero Mission... fuck even the original NES game has more colors than this.
It's not having a rainbow at every corner, but look how lackluster the environments are.
It doesn't look good at all. I'm a fan and I was waiting for a decent 2D Metroid since Zero Mission, it looks like this is a very low effort (and budget) game, from a company that is selling an overpriced hardware for years, and that made great looking games in said platform.

My point was it was ported as they could into a low spec hardware, my example was how it didn't run great on (at the time) was the best console specs wise

I brought up because of the graphics that they achieved on switch on a 2d game.

It's not just the graphics, it screams low budget on everything. Look at Metroid Prime, this looks on par and slightly worse at times than that and it was a game that was released 19 years ago.

I dont remember seeing this trailer. Shit is epic as fuck!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Because they really only allow their teams enough rope to take incremental advancements after they have proven themselves as capable of delivering on what the project is, and then seeing that the project sells. The teams have different experience levels. And Metroid has never been a massive sales success either. I thought I explained it as clearly as I possibly could. Nintendo is obviously not financially struggling. But I don't think they're the type to just flood projects with money for no reason. This is where the team is at currently. They're making their first original game in the Metroid series, their first HD game period, and they're being given a chance to prove themselves. If it does well, I expect they'll get more opportunities.

mcjmetroid

Like I agree with you in general. I just still think it's a funny game to pick on. At least this is a brand new game. Links awakening is a remake that performed worse than the original lol.

Nintendo fans have kinda.. accepted this kinda stuff since the Wii era.

Even in the Wii era though Nintendo fans were vocal about other M's issues and didn't take nearly as much shit as they do now.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt with this one though.

All the ingredients are there.
It looks.. fine to me so far.

I'm liking what I'm seeing. I know it could be better but this works for me.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
How did you get any story from that?! lol its literally MP2 so far.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
Fantastic. Instead, you've decided to muck the whole thread up. Thanks for caring. Maybe you should air your grievances somewhere it will be heard though like petition in front of Nintendo head quarters.
Not the thread, just the geniuses that think this looks good. But I can see that using facts and 15+ years old games as graphical reference can make people defensive and bring the "Graphics doesn't matter" argument. It feels like 2006 all over again.

What's wrong to each one depends on each one.

I'm very happy that Nintendo released Skyward Sword HD with no changes on graphic style or effects, but with a boost to 60 fps since I already like how that game looks (and don't want them to ruin graphics like they did with WWHD but that's another story). I'll buy it some time later because I don't care if they spent billions or peanuts on it, I get what I want to get, period.

Same for Metroid, you can't judge people for not criticizing other things using your own criteria, each one has different priorities.

Also, remember two things: 1. Most young people play way less graphically intensive games on their phones, 2. Most Nintendo players tend to go hand-in-hand with indie market due to high gameplay focus and are more attracted to art style.
And that's your excuse for Metroid looking like a early PS360 game, that people don't care about graphics?
"Shilling", right. Also saying WE are triggered is a fucking laugh riot :messenger_tears_of_joy: You're the one who dislikes everything about this and instead of getting on with your life you've decided to come and tell us all how "wrong" we are for liking it.

Other M looks better in some ways, but Dread looks better in some ways. So what? I would defer to what Punished Miku Punished Miku is saying in that regard, its different teams, its different everything. You must know by now that Nintendo don't give a fudge about graphical fidelity.

So we're saying we are excited for a game and that we intend to buy it even though we don't really think it looks good to... do ourselves out of money and have a bad time? We aren't exactly giving speeches about how amazing it is to a crowd of Metroid fanclub members, we're just expressing our enjoyment of the potential of what we've seen so far.

I'm with you that I wish it had a bigger budget and better HW to give it higher fidelity in general but we don't so whats the point in going on about it. I don't agree with you that it looks colourless though, thats just what they are going for with the theme it seems to me. I don't love Metroid Prime 1 and 2 because of the texture resolution and model detail, I like the animations, designs, concepts and gameplay.

I shouldn't have called you a pair of trousers, I'm sorry for that.
It HAS the hardware and could have the budget to look amazing, that's the whole point. It's a 2.5D game there are a lot of tricks to increase detail, since only a portion of the screen is rendered. Even Other M was full 3d and looks better than this.
I'm not comparing it to Returnal I'm comparing it to a Wii game, ffs.

How long will you guys chant "we don't care about graphics" when a Wii game has more colors than this?

Here's other M without the potato resolution:

I loved Sega back then, but I don't have this Stockholm syndrome you guys have. If it looks like crap and it's not an indie dev, I call it.
I care about Metroid, I still have my Super Metroid cart from back in the day, this is a travesty of what Metroid could have been.
Make it mature like the early 2D games, with a proper budget and see the money coming in. This is not a 60USD game, it doesn't look like one and it doesn't play like one either.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Faithless like

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF

Sure, I wouldve wished it looked a lot better. But Im not having a problem with the art style, I just dont like her suit. And we dont know how different the areas vary in themes.

Prime 4 hopefully wows everyone

Game is looking pretty damn good. I just hope it isn't too cut scene heavy. For all of Other M's flaws, the focus on story and cut scenes probably bothered me the most. Get through a couple rooms, cut scene, get through a few more rooms, cut scene, couple more rooms, cut scene then boss fight. It became tiring really quickly.

Bodomism

Banned
Metroid Other M (Wii is running this) for comparison:

This is no excuse for it not being a proper budget game.

Dread is 2D Metroid which is AA budget game for Nintendo. You need to wait for the real AAA Metroid which is Prime series.
The graphics look great to be fair.
Unlike gamefreak that failed to improve the graphics of Pokémon games from 3DS game to Switch, at the very least this team managed to improve significantly the graphics from their previous 3DS game.

They went from this
screen-shot-2017-09-11-at-21-16-06.png

To this
ZXRaWbw.gif

Last edited:

Neil Young

This game may be my last hoorah for the Switch. I don't think we'll see another Mario or Mario Kart game until Switch 2 and I wasn't a fan of BOTW. Dread doesn't seem to have very high production values at this point. Hopefully it does.

Is it me or was Luigi's Mansion a fluke when it came to high production and effort? I thought that game was fantastic and thought the sky was the limit for future games. It seems like there have been many half assed releases since then that haven't come CLOSE to that level of polish. Metroid Prime was my favorite game of all time so I have my fingers crossed for this one.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This game may be my last hoorah for the Switch. I don't think we'll see another Mario or Mario Kart game until Switch 2 and I wasn't a fan of BOTW. Dread doesn't seem to have very high production values at this point. Hopefully it does.

Is it me or was Luigi's Mansion a fluke when it came to high production and effort? I thought that game was fantastic and thought the sky was the limit for future games. It seems like there have been many half assed releases since then that haven't come CLOSE to that level of polish. Metroid Prime was my favorite game of all time so I have my fingers crossed for this one.
Splatoon 3 is going to be much bigger than this game, not to mention Breath of the Wild 2.

I don't know if they'll have some kind of backwards compatibility in mind or if the successor is truly that far off.

Faithless83

Banned
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

We will see when it hits stores.
I don't think this will age well.
Faithless like

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF

Sure, I wouldve wished it looked a lot better. But Im not having a problem with the art style, I just dont like her suit. And we dont know how different the areas vary in themes.

Prime 4 hopefully wows everyone
It looks.. fine to me so far.

I'm liking what I'm seeing. I know it could be better but this works for me.
People are coming around from "it looks great camp", that's good, some of you are still sane.
Prime 4 hopefully, huh? It was announced in 2017, the development was rebooted around 2 years ago? I woundn't hold my breath on that one.
Dread is 2D Metroid which is AA budget game for Nintendo. You need to wait for the real AAA Metroid which is Prime series.
The graphics look great to be fair.
Unlike gamefreak that failed to improve the graphics of Pokémon games from 3DS game to Switch, at the very least this team managed to improve significantly the graphics from their previous 3DS game.

They went from this
screen-shot-2017-09-11-at-21-16-06.png

To this
ZXRaWbw.gif
Can you fit on your narrative how it's still looks worse than Other M? Budget? Does it need to be a low budget game at this point?

The goalpost moves a lot on Nintendo land I see.
Graphics are great, graphics doesn't matter, it looks better than a 3ds game (no shit).

Wake up guys, I'm not a hater, I'm a fan and that's why I'm pissed at the whole thing. I see where this is going, it will sell way below expectations and we'll be back to "2d Metroid doesn't sell" camp. Yeah, a shitton of indies beg to differ.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Can you fit on your narrative how it's still looks worse than Other M? Budget? Does it need to be a low budget game at this point?

The goalpost moves a lot on Nintendo land I see.
Graphics are great, graphics doesn't matter, it looks better than a 3ds game (no shit).

Wake up guys, I'm not a hater, I'm a fan and that's why I'm pissed at the whole thing. I see where this is going, it will sell way below expectations and we'll be back to "2d Metroid doesn't sell" camp. Yeah, a shitton of indies beg to differ.
At this point I just feel like you're not reading the posts, or you're being willfully dishonest. Other M is a AAA game from an experienced and highly revered development team. It's from Team Ninja, and in addition had a whole other studio brought in for the CG cutscenes. You can read about its development here.

But you clearly aren't interested in reading a lot, or understanding anything.

Faithless83

Banned
At this point I just feel like you're not reading the posts, or you're being willfully dishonest. Other M is a AAA game from an experienced and highly revered development team. It's from Team Ninja, and in addition had a whole other studio brought in for the CG cutscenes. You can read about its development here.

But you clearly aren't interested in reading a lot, or understanding anything.
Geez let me try to explain again. Nintendo has the budget to make it look great, the fact that it does look worse than a Wii game from 2010 is enough concern on it's on.
This is a 2.5D game, while Other M was full 3d. So while rendering half of screen real state, this game manages to look worse than a full 3d Wii game.

This is 2 hardwares and 10 years later. This is not an indie studio, this is Nintendo, they have the budget and the resources. That was my whole point.

I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

Kataploom

Gold Member
And that's your excuse for Metroid looking like a early PS360 game, that people don't care about graphics?
I don't have to make "excuses" for games I didn't make, ask Nintendo for that, I'm happy to play it when it releases and that's it. But FYI, people don't care about the effort Nintendo or any company put on something, they are too busy being selfish enjoying themselves what they want despite it

PhoenixTank

Geez let me try to explain again. Nintendo has the budget to make it look great, the fact that it does look worse than a Wii game from 2010 is enough concern on it's on.
This is a 2.5D game, while Other M was full 3d. So while rendering half of screen real state, this game manages to look worse than a full 3d Wii game.

This is 2 hardwares and 10 years later. This is not an indie studio, this is Nintendo, they have the budget and the resources. That was my whole point.

I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.
Projected sales probably don't justify the kind of budget you crave to make the difference you want. They've historically not really sold as well as the bigger name IPs and there has been a big gap between mainline games here.
Welcome to Metroid.

MetroidChart.png

Taken from VGchartz... but I do remember that they're sometimes unreliable (to the point of being banned on some sites?). Hopefully not bad enough that it loses the point.

I like the art style. The look of the environments they've shown thus far seem fitting. 🤷‍♂️ If we've got a jungle area with muted colours then I might agree on that point.

Edit: If VGchartz are to be believed, Samus Returns clocked in at just 560K sold worldwide.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
So there is a chance....

there is

Edit: I don't know why it sends you to a random article, the URL is correct. It's a sale were you can get 3 Switch games for 111€, including most of Nintendo heavy hitters like BOTW, Mario Odyssey etc.
Maybe it works if you copy & paste the link into your browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astral Dog

Because they really only allow their teams enough rope to take incremental advancements after they have proven themselves as capable of delivering on what the project is, and then seeing that the project sells. The teams have different experience levels. And Metroid has never been a massive sales success either. I thought I explained it as clearly as I possibly could. Nintendo is obviously not financially struggling. But I don't think they're the type to just flood projects with money for no reason. This is where the team is at currently. They're making their first original game in the Metroid series, their first HD game period, and they're being given a chance to prove themselves. If it does well, I expect they'll get more opportunities.
This, but again i don't believe they are giving peanuts for budget, Dread has the highest funding by far for a 2D Metroid,its just NOT an overbloated AAA budget.
Even Other M, as fancy as it looks, a lot of the money went to the expensive CG cutscenes, and that actually worked against it.

Ps Metroid Dread is not really MercurySteam first HD game, they made Jericho and the Lords of Shadow games before.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Looks ... really good?
Yes, the animations are great, some of the backgrounds are pretty, there is a clear art direction going on, the lightning seems to be good too. It definitely looks better in motion though because of the animation (that are very smooth btw.).
It could probably look better, but it's not bad. It definitely doesn't look like the graphics will be in the way of enjoying the game and I gladly take 60 FPS over more graphical fidelity. If the game turns out good, it will be worth the asking price. I don't care about the budget.

Marty-McFly

Banned
The pics and gifs and in this thread have demolished any of the trolls shitting on the graphics.

Post some pics of Wii games from 2010 that look better to prove you're not trolling or blind.

The Other M and Prime 2 video you posted look like dogshit in comparison but it's hard to compare because people have to actually click the video link.

I'm not going to hold my breath you'll delver though.

Last edited:
I'm not really seeing the argument that this game looks bad. Is it the best looking switch game? Nah, but the game looks nice. Framerate seems to be a smooth 60, there seems to be decent variety of locations, animations look good.

Would I want this game to look as good as Ori? Hell ya.

I'll be more annoyed if Metroid Prime 4 is revealed looking like an early 360 game

Marty-McFly

Banned
I'm not really seeing the argument that this game looks bad. Is it the best looking switch game? Nah, but the game looks nice. Framerate seems to be a smooth 60, there seems to be decent variety of locations, animations look good.

Would I want this game to look as good as Ori? Hell ya.

I'll be more annoyed if Metroid Prime 4 is revealed looking like an early 360 game
I don't know. I think Dread looks better for what it is.

In any case, would I want Metroid to look like some super artistic magical forest?

Sure it looks pretty but the aesthetic doesn't fit metroid at all.

Ori-and-the-Blind-Forest-Switch-performance-vs-xbox-pc.jpg

i5wUwCP.jpeg

Last edited:

Marty-McFly

Banned
Looks like an Indie game to me.

By Indie I mean Indies want to be like Metroid.
I know you were actually complimenting the game,

but for the other people calling indie saying it looks cheap,

how many other other indie metroidvania's have inengine cinematic scenes like this?

This is clearly way higher budget than standard indie metroidvania tier.

ZXRaWbw.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom