• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2016 Catch All Thread (OT Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Stargate SG-1 had an episode like it as well. It was pretty good, especially when O'neill started to lose it.

dJED9Xs.jpg

This is actually great.

Oh boy guys...

Gmail's incredibly poorly thought out "mic drop" prank when you click Send+Archive is adding gifs which could lead to some wildly inappropriate e-mails.

Doesn't do this on my end, but eh. Also lol@ people assuming that they'll actually be held accountable for something that's almost definitely going to hit mainstream news.

Brakke

Banned
I don't see anything weird on Gmail on my end...

They already rolled it back. It was not only shitty, but it was bugged, and it was possible to send a "mic drop" without even hitting the mic drop button.

What a clusterfuck. People who use web email clients stay losing, I guess.

tomtom94

Netflix's April Fool is John Stamos.

Not only is there a fake announcement (and trailer) for "John Stamos: A Human Being" but all the text changes as well, e.g. "Continue Watching With John Stamos", "Watch It Again Because John Stamos Says You Should", etc.

EDIT: beaten.

www.thinkgeek.com

Place your bets, one of those April Fool's Products usually becomes real.
I feel like ThinkGeek has kind of jumped the shark on their annual announcements. I guarantee you several of these (BaRPG, Star Trek noise machine) went through feasibility testing, just in case the demand really is there. It's a public marketing survey disguised as a prank.

Fliesen

That's a real blunder by Google.

People have accepted / don't care about the fact that Google reads our emails. But the fact that that they would write part of our emails unbeknownst to the sender is a huge breach of trust.
Regardless of whether the recepient will accept the apology of "it was Google's fault, not mine". You're still 'accomplice' of a cruel joke of sending a Minions gif alongside a condolence email...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom