• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2016 Catch All Thread (OT Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhhh... What's the joke there exactly? I think that's a real thing.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Didn't watch the video. Delivery by parachute lol

LOL

Parachutes are a lot like minds. They work best when they're open.

Drone technology is exciting. But it's not ready. So we asked ourselves... what if there's another way?

How do we get the parachutes into the air?

We use drones.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Humble Indie Font Bundle

1cQxGLD.png

I would love that Cosmic Sans MS font. Tacky, yet awesome.

Kaladin

I can't tell because of April Fools but is the Google Mic Drop backfiring story legit?

If so...holy shit.

I'd hope that gets the internet to rethink April Fools stuff.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I can't tell because of April Fools but is the Google Mic Drop backfiring story legit?

If so...holy shit.

I'd hope that gets the internet to rethink April Fools stuff.

This is one of those few instances where I want not only it to be true, but Google to double down on it. COMPLETE CHAOS

mclem

Can you actually buy it though?

Also, sadly the width of the characters (or whatever it's called in font terminology) is all over the place :(.

While they don't explicitly say 'this is an April Fools gag, but the product is real' on the page, the text is pretty straight with you:

Real, actual fonts. Don't let your calendar fool you! These fonts are real and can be installed on your word processor or whatever software you prefer to install fonts on. They come in DRM-free .ttf files so that you can font to your heart's content.

100% to charity. No foolin'. Choose where the money goes — between four charities (Electronic Frontier Foundation, World Land Trust, Extra Life [Children's Miracle Network], and Traveling Stories), and, if you'd like, a fifth charity of your choice via the PayPal Giving Fund. For details on how this works, click here.

Yes, if you pay for the bundle you get the fonts.

Sans Sans will be mine.

www.thinkgeek.com

Place your bets, one of those April Fool's Products usually becomes real.

I think it's multiple this year.

The Plumbus is a lump of latex. Nothing unrealistic about that.

baRPG is totally feasible. In fact, it looks like a real thing they made to look like an April Fools entry.

On a less likely note, the Star Trek White Noise Sleep Machine is probably fake, but I could see it becoming real like the Wizard Robes, maybe with a slight downscale to it.

I could see them making a real Useless Light Switch, but I think it would be engineered slightly differently.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just found out about the Gmail mic drop controversy. That's strange, Google usually nails it with its April Fools' jokes.

Ourobolus

Banned
Audible.com has their "Most Requested" audiobook for free today!

Excerpts from The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information, Eleventh Edition

georly

If you choose to make an OT and even go so far as to call it a "catch all thread" please keep the OP updated.

It's not like this thread is 100 pages long or anything :/ It's not that bad to just skim through all the posts. The thread is catch-all, the OP doesn't necessarily have to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom