• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are people who call their animals children the cringiest people on the planet?

Lupingosei

Banned
Or worse, who call their or other people’s pets’ brothers and sisters to their real children. Also, Mom or Mommy or Dad or Daddy makes me cringe every fucking time. It is not just the internet even in TV shows and other media.

When did this shit start?

I like pets, I am sad when they die, but they are not people.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I never heard about this honestly.... Mommy and Daddy makes me cringe everytime someone said that to non-child, it's super cringe and for me also boner killer. So please if you read this and doing it, S T O P.

Jtibh

Banned
Talking about mom and such and here is the result.....
S8Qf2C4.jpg

Amory

Yeah, it's pretty annoying.

I find it's mostly only dog people that do that shit. Dog people used to be infinitely preferable to cat people but in the past decade or so they've somehow become worse.

VAL0R

Banned
My mother-in-law calls her dog my wife's brother. It's offensive to the dignity of humankind.

I joke with my wife that if the lights ever went out for more than 10 minutes I'd coat that mutt with teriyaki and eat "Alphie" wings to survive until the power came back on.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

My Trump voting parents call their two gay male pugs their new kids jokingly. But it hurts my feelings so sometimes I think they’re serious because orange man bad.

Edit: they’re neutered so I guess they’re transgender?

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
My mother-in-law calls her dog my wife's brother. It's offensive to the dignity of humankind.

I joke with my wife that if the lights ever went out for more than 10 minutes I'd coat that mutt with teriyaki and eat "Alphie" wings to survive until the power came back on.

Whereas this may be a little to far the other direction 😂

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's slightly weird but I don't think it's *that* far outside the bounds of normalcy.

If more and more people choose not to have kids then this is the kind of thing that also happens alongside that.

I think it's more normal than collecting $80 statues of anime girls that look kinda like half naked children-ish. I'm sure several people here do that like on every gaming forum.

I'm also super familiar with this situation since I'm pretty sure there was a time when my father loved his dogs more than any of us kids.

Dr_Salt

But not pathetic enough to not care and post about it ? 🤔

To the OP question I agree.

I said I don´t care about what people call their pets and find it weird that people actually do. Some of you seem borderline offended by it and I find it bizarre that someone would waste their time thinking about such mundane things. Op asked a question and I responded.

I´ve never called my pets my children or treat them like humans but I could understand why some people do it. Tbh just like another user said I find it way more bizarre and cringy things like collecting 80 dollar seminude anime girl statues like I´m sure many people here do but whatever floats your boat and makes you happy. These are not things that preocupy me on a daily basis.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

I said I don´t care about what people call their pets and find it weird that people actually do. Some of you seem borderline offended by it and I find it bizarre that someone would waste their time thinking about such mundane things. Op asked a question and I responded.

I´ve never called my pets my children or treat them like humans but I could understand why some people do it. Tbh just like another user said I find it way more bizarre and cringy things like collecting 80 dollar seminude anime girl statues like I´m sure many people here do but whatever floats your boat and makes you happy. These are not things that preocupy me on a daily basis.
Can you show me your $80 seminude anime girl statues?
I have no pets and could care less too but you seem way to agressive about this, if it bothers you that it bothers other people you need to chill.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have two dogs who my entire life basically revolve around at this point, because of the flu, but the idea that I am a "dog parent" or whatever makes me cringe.

If you want to be a parent, have a kid like we have done for millions of years.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

I have no pets and could care less too but you seem way to agressive about this, if it bothers you that it bothers other people you need to chill.

Huh? I'm just answering your condescending response since you don't seem to understand that I was just answering the op.
If you feel that getting an answer for something you asked is "aggresive" then idk what to tell you. Maybe you are better suited for reee.

BigBooper

He's probably just offended on behalf of his canine wife.

Yes. I live in the SF bay area and people would rather have a new dog park than a homeless shelter. Fuck your popular internet breed "doggos" that you purchased from a breeder a thousand miles away. California was on fire over the summer, causing animal shelters to be over crowded and dumbasses think it's a good idea to buy a fucking dog so they can dress them up and start an instagram account for it. "Fur babies" .. lol

Last edited:

Relativ9

I have a dog. I have found myself jokingly saying "is daddy going to have to come over there and slap a bitch" (semi Crank 2 reference) when the dog won't listen to the GF, but that's about it. Love my dog but if we have a kid I'd throw my dog through a woodchipper before I let it hurt my kid.

People going "mommy" and "daddy" to their pet are usually to old too know any better or have just gotten so used to it as a "pet name". Like how I used to ironically call my GF "baby" because it was so cheesy, but now it's been normalized so much that I do it unironically all the time.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Huh? I'm just answering your condescending response since you don't seem to understand that I was just answering the op.
If you feel that getting an answer for something you asked is "aggresive" then idk what to tell you. Maybe you are better suited for reee.

Dont get your panties all caught in a bunch , like I said you need to chill .
I know your new here but stop soundind and acting like an ass, did you get kicked out of Reeeee and bring that up to spite other people?
Welcome to Gaf clown . Honk !

Top Bottom