• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are people who call their animals children the cringiest people on the planet?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I'm not able to have children, and my best friend has had two miscarriages...so to us, our super affectionate kitties fill that void sometimes.

It's silly I know and I'm sorry for any cringe...but they are our babies and they definitely get spoiled a little too much. :messenger_relieved:

fnKtYy2.jpg

Last edited:
When they call them "furpersons" and refuse to call them anything else, even when you're trying to clarify whether its a dog or cat or honey badger.

I honestly wish my dogs would get their own apartment. They annoy the shit out of me anymore but I’m sure I’ll cry like a baby when they die and I’m not someone who cries.

Also, as an aside I’ve had one of my dogs since she was six-weeks old and you’re essentially that dogs parent. Even if you don’t see it that way the dog certainly does so what the fuck are you supposed to do about it lol

Yeah those people suck. I love my pets, but they are nothing like my children. If my pet dies suddenly, I will be sad. If one of my kids died suddenly, it would wreck my life. There’s no comparison. People who call their pets babies or children are strange. I guess it is a desperation for affection of something.

Last edited:
I call my dog my “best friend” or I tell to my son that the dog is his sister.

I even send money to dog shelters every month and my current dog is from a shelter.

hate me 🤷‍♂️

AJUMP23

Gold Member
My sister in law has referred to her dogs as the cousins for my actual children. I have expressed my disdain for it to my wife.

Drake

The cringeiest thing is when people put subtitles for their pets. I cannot properly express my disdain for those people and those videos.

Last edited:

Yes. I have too many 30 year old friends who call themselves "Cat Moms". I find it utterly weird as a mid 30's person with a 13 year old and 7 year old actual human children.

And I love animals, I have...

2 Dogs
1 Cat
1 Turtle
1 Bearded Dragon
2 Ferrets

But none I consider my children, just weird.

Last edited:

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
I sometimes call my dog "inspector snuffles".

And sometimes "crazy bitch" aka "professor waffles".

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
oh yeah "fur babies" it's all cringey shit

tbh it reveals the hollowness of secular life. these people have no religion, they don't even think humans are special, they practice some kind of vague pagan earth worship. this is why environmentalism is so the rage.

they promote ant-human lifestyles, and declining to have human children while calling your pets "children" falls entirely in line with this.

religion tells us that humans are special. consumerism tells us no. the modern SJW cult actively promotes ending the family line, in effect, genealogical suicide.

the natural path of life is, you grow up, you have children, you create the next generation. you hope your kids have it better than you. you use your gained wisdom to teach them, with an eye to the future. which is something that exists and is not a hopeless apocalypse. no such optimism is allowed for secularists. like the animals they think humans are the same as, their lives can only ever be the unending pursuit of consumption and immediate sensory pleasure.

no future. just like their pets.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
My mother never got cringey like that when we had cats, but we’ll always remember this one time when we were arguing about something and she said to me, “Remember that I only have one son!”.

Then I went to the toilet and 2 minutes later the cat is crying for food and she says to him, “Don’t worry dear, mama will give you your dinner now.” I get out of the bathroom and say “Ah, so that’s your only son! I knew it!”

We still laugh about that.

I don’t think it’s cringe. It depends how you go about it. Obviously there are limits.

I love my animals just like children, I always make sure to take care of them.

If it “cringes you out” , probably more of a reflection of you than society.

Jada_Li

Banned
I don't care what people call their pets, whatever makes them happy and comfortable as long as it's not hurting anyone, immoral, yada yada. This topic showcases the negative side of human nature in some of the posts. Animals aren't judgmental in the way that some humans are and instead judge by how you treat them and others around you and so on. Nothing superficial like I don't like the sound of their voice, don't like what they're wearing and so on. I can understand why some prefer the company of animals than some/most humans.

Someday I hope I'll get to see them again. Though at least for now I have 1 out of 4 still with me. Nicknames according to observed traits: The Attention-Seeker Skittish Playful Runner (Pablo leaning on the ball pit), The Brave Independent Exploring Jumper (Panda scratching herself), The Strong-Gripped Persistent Fighter (Sable on the pet bed) and The Silly Life of the Party Daredevil (Takoda way in the back by the litter boxes). They are a part of the weasel family, such fun interesting personalities and behaviors ferrets have. Though honestly I think most, if not all, animals are just as unique and varied as humans in terms of personality.

100_1639.jpg

notseqi

I said 'It's the closest thing to a daughter I have' a few times, but it's a dog, not a child. I expect a child to continue learning while my dog is already maxed out. If she lashes out repeatedly it's time for a short, sharp visit from the smack fairy. Not really, but you get what I mean. She has to behave or I will be very cross with her.

Top Bottom