• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a bad enough dude to play this Double Dragon-inspired VR game?

Drizzlehell

Banned
EZskmOD.png

I just stumbled upon this yesterday and it's been giving me rock-hard nips ever since (along with incredibly sore arms). Beating the living shit out of Ultra Freddie Mercurys and various asortment of angry-looking buffed up dudes is so much fun. The nostalgia gravy is nice and thick too so if you've ever had any fun playing 90s beat'em up games such as Final Fight or Double Dragon then you should feel right at home. It's one of those games where realism takes a back seat but the tech is leveraged to deliver an experience like no other, where the sense of satisfaction from swerving your arms around and busting up chairs over someone's head is elating.

This game absolutely appeals to male fantasy.

And it also has co-op which I haven't tried yet but I'm eager to check it out.

Romulus

I'm playing it now too after it was recommended on the oculus reddit.

It's super fun with a good amount of variety and depth beyond the surface. The problem with VR as always is videos never do it justice and the intro is boring.

I'm at the skating rink with the roller chick gang. The whole scene looks awesome but these chicks are kicking my ass. Before we went inside I threw someone near a sewer manhole and a fucking alligator came out of it and devoured her. Awesome but wtf.

Definitely has double dragon vibes and is the most fun beat 'em up I've played in a while.

Last edited:
Top Bottom