• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core VI | New Previews have dropped

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Season 4 Interest GIF by The Office

Interest piqued.

Here's some gameplay with no commentary if people are interested. This is from the first couple hours, but were limited to what can be shown. Enjoy

I don’t get it. What do people see here that I don’t? It’s a mech strafing back and forth shooting at long range. I want to be as excited as anyone else, but this looks… boring?

I don’t get it. What do people see here that I don’t? It’s a mech strafing back and forth shooting at long range. I want to be as excited as anyone else, but this looks… boring?
You are probably a perfect example of why there are so few mech games. They are pretty polarizing. Personally, this looks like a ton of fun to me. But not everyone sees it that way.

I guess it's to each their own and people like me who love mech games are sitting happy

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It just matter of taste, people going crazy over BG3 but it does nothing for me......AC are type of games doesn't appeal for everyone but I fucking love these games.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Have you ever thought about building or upgrading your own mech? Does the tactical advantage of controlling a mech sound fun? I feel like it’s hard to get someone interested unless they’ve experienced it or know what they’re getting. You could say that about any game really, you’re just walking around shooting or hitting stuff.

Have you ever thought about building or upgrading your own mech? Does the tactical advantage of controlling a mech sound fun? I feel like it’s hard to get someone interested unless they’ve experienced it or know what they’re getting. You could say that about any game really, you’re just walking around shooting or hitting stuff.
I bought Mechwarrior 2 back in the 90s and had a lot of fun with it. It felt strategic and methodical. Maybe this video is a really poor example of the game? Whoever is playing just moves back and forth, or stands there getting shot at, while they hold down the attack button.

Flutta

Banned
Not every game is for everyone. Just deal with it, play something you yourself find interesting. Or are you feeling left out? If That’s the case then you have too much free time on your hands…

Last edited:

Danjin44

Not every game is for everyone. Just deal with it, play something you yourself find interesting. Or are you feeling left out? If That’s the case then you have too much free time on your hands…
I see this a lot in GAF and I dont really understand it. Do people buy games based what others buy? If I'm not in to a game then I wont buy it no matter how much hype it has.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Just pre-ordered the physical PC version, because it comes with a cool poster, stickers and artwork.

I like how FROM pretty much always adds goodies to their physical editions, just like CDPR. very cool.

Danjin44

It seems crazy but yes, people indeed do that.

That's the main business of influencers. I myself have tried to influence people on here to buy Command & Conquer games... fruitlessly. Because you are all so fucking uncultured.
Thats is crazy to me, I can never buy based on what others hype because most often my taste just vastly different other people. Buying based on what others excited about is just asking for disappointment.

Hudo

Thats is crazy to me, I can never buy based on what others hype because most often my taste just vastly different other people. Buying based on what others excited about is just asking for disappointment.
Yeah, I agree. I couldn't do it either. But I gotta admit that I was enticed two times by the internet to buy a game. And I regretted it both times. One was Witcher 3 and the other one was RDR2. Both games were pretty disappointing to me.

Danjin44

Yeah, I agree. I couldn't do it either. But I gotta admit that I was enticed two times by the internet to buy a game. And I regretted it both times. One was Witcher 3 and the other one was RDR2. Both games were pretty disappointing to me.
Yeah those games never appeals to me and every time you see thread about praising those two games almost none of them talk about actual combat or mechanics, all the talk about is graphics and story.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

I'm grabbing this Day 1 but I understand your viewpoint. It's a videogame @$$ videogame. We've done what you're describing for the last 30 years in games.

I'm pumped for it because...

1. I don't play these more generic action games often.
2. The aesthetic (war + hard sci fi + mechs) is right up my alley.
3. Hopefully it's difficult and customization strategy is necessary.

To me, it's a 5 Guys hamburger. I go there once every couple of years and leave saying "That was good. Don't need to come back for a while."

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought Mechwarrior 2 back in the 90s and had a lot of fun with it. It felt strategic and methodical. Maybe this video is a really poor example of the game? Whoever is playing just moves back and forth, or stands there getting shot at, while they hold down the attack button.
Fextralife has a good video on it. They tend to have a good idea on depth and applying strategy to whatever you’re doing.

You have to check out multiple sources because it can get annoying watching someone who is just idling or moving around at their own pace. You’re going to swap weapons out, go in for melee hits (strong moves), and you have to dodge dangerous attacks.

Top Bottom