• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON – Gameplay Preview Trailer Dropping Tomorrow

https://metro.co.uk/2023/07/25/armored-core-6-preview-the-dark-souls-of-mech-games-19189063/

excited the waterboy GIF

Oh god, why would you admit that?

One of the vids i watched earlier made a sly reference to some attendees not being able to finish the demo.

so they basically gave out the full game to a bunch of youtubers a month before release.

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

Animated GIF

Did they? I mean Vaati said he could play the whole game but he was given a limited amount of time in the closed conference. Also, he showed gameplay till mission 11 in the video so did he play throughout or just parts of it is still unclear.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Love mech games so I'm in. Don't think the environments look particularly great though.

SJRB

Gold Member
Love mech games so I'm in. Don't think the environments look particularly great though.

Graphically it is insanely mid, subpar even in most cases. But it oozes style and the mecha and world designs compensate for the shit graphics a fair bit.

Its not about whether its hard or not its about the fact that dodging the entire time without any other skill being required is straight boring assuming that is the case.

What you see and what you play is a totally different scenarios. I can see a tough game on a video and find it very easy and somewhat mundane but when I play and experience it myself it's a whole different game. You cannot perceive that with just watching a bunch of gameplay videos.

For Armored Core 6 there's a soft lock and a hard lock with a weapon lock and a camera lock, you have to be in places and range to keep engaging your enemies, doing that with all sorts of firing shenanigans while watching your ammo gauges and maneuvering at your best possible way. This is just I found out while watching few minutes of video. The whole game will be on another unimaginable level.

Bartski

Gold Member
Did they? I mean Vaati said he could play the whole game but he was given a limited amount of time in the closed conference. Also, he showed gameplay till mission 11 in the video so did he play throughout or just parts of it is still unclear.
ah ok, maybe I misunderstood. Not watching that video either, I've seen more than enough

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I find it funny that people that keep saying "Elden ring looks better" (basically DS 3.5 open world with reused everything ahoy) find this game to be ugly or "last gen".
This looks "mid" ? Fucking hell, Elden ring was the king of motherfucking "mid" when it came out and it still does, wanna cry about FROM not giving a shit even though they make the big bucks now ? Go cry about Elden Ring then.

Listen, I'm the 1st at throwing stones at FROM and their fanboy circle jerk where they (FROM) can't do now wrong according to them but, AC6 ain't it, in fact, compared to all their friggin games released so far this looks like their most technically proficient one - from the dust, debris flying around, lighting ,shadow casting by bigger objects, smoke, smoke trails etc etc coupled with this kind of verticality AND running at 60fps...I mean, what more can someone ask ?
Go and take a look at how the last AC games (AC4/FA/AC5) looked back then (empty spaces/levels/super static enemies/backgrounds/terrible framerate) compared to other games on the same platforms and then come back again and tell us that this looks like shit.

I mean, come the fuck on my dudes...

Last edited:

Shouta

I am super hyped about this game. I haven't played much AC after AC3 but I did play From's Another Century's Episode games. ACE3 is a top-tier mech action game for a crossover title. So glad to see them back in the saddle with these.

Last edited:
Did anyone bother watching all these previews all the way through? They clearly say its NOT souls-like with mechs. It has massive setpiece bosses but so do other games like GOW and it doesnt need to be "souls" game to have massive boss fights, people forget games like Final Fantasy and many others exist. Anyway, I am glad its AC through and through becuase that is what the franchise is supposed to be.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
But they’re representing their publication, which presumably wants to be taken seriously.

While I would prefer it, I don't necessarily demand that game journalists be uber good at all games. If Armored Core is supposed to be a hard game, then it should be expected that normie game journalists would have a hard time with it. If they were fucking up Mario or something, that's another story.

The casual perspective in gaming is still important because that's one of the main drivers of the market. It should have representation in mainstream gaming publications. If I personally want a more hardcore opinion, I know where I can find it.

You’ve got to be kidding me. Raise your standards. This looks like a launch PS4 game at best. Come on.

Too bad people can't see anything beyond graphics. Although, this looks way better than any fast paced games out there.

If people coming to this game expecting ND level of graphics then Devs can't do anything about their stupidity. In any case FomSoftware was never known for their graphics.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How long was this game in development? I can handle "lesser" graphics if that means the game doesn't require a bloated budget and 10 years to make. The modders will have a field day with the game too, so it's fine.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Too bad people can't see anything beyond graphics. Although, this looks way better than any fast paced games out there.

If people coming to this game expecting ND level of graphics then Devs can't do anything about their stupidity. In any case FomSoftware was never known for their graphics.
No one is expecting ND level graphics. But everyone should be expecting better than PS4 quality. It simply does not look good.

Hudo

Man, the game looks like an Atari VCS 2600 game. And even then, Star Raiders looks better.
Pretty disappionted with From Software.

Edit: I hope everyone who took this seriously is gonna think hard about him/herself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom