• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON – Gameplay Preview Trailer Dropping Tomorrow

Ok. I'm gonna be *that* guy and ask.

Have they said anything about select-able difficulty options for the game yet ?
It'll be interesting to see how they handle the human+ mechanic. You may already know this but in the OG AC games, the game more or less starts on hard and gets easier as you fail, with the only downside being the kind of sketchy lore implications of you being semi lobotomized, augmented and surgically hard wired into your AC.

It was another one of those instances where From handles difficulty in an out of the ordinary way.

I'd say it is unlikely that we will see difficulty sliders but it is likely that we will see some variation of Human+

That being said, the Director of the game is the lead designer from Sekiro, a game which more or less said "fuck you, we wont give you difficulty options except to make it harder" so who knows how the dice will land. Ironically, Sekiro is the From game that rapidly becomes the easiest with subsequent playthroughs.

Also....

I kind of hope From actually leans into the body horror aspect of AC in this one. It seems like they are really pressing the gas pedal on just how messed up Human+ is/can be, so I hope they lean in as hard as they can. I am also hoping for some good old fashioned mindfuck plot stuff with this one, which I think the story trailer set us up for. I think AC6 will be a bit more overt in storytelling than recent From forays, though still much less overt than most moviegames are. Like Sekiro, except with the inevitable dramatic reveal being Phillip K Dick-esque.

Last edited:
I'm struggling with the choice over which console to buy this for. PS5 will have more people playing online, right? But the Xbox controller is so much more comfortable for me...

Last edited:
I'm struggling with the choice over which console to buy this for. PS5 will have more people playing online, right? But the Xbox controller is so much more comfortable for me...

I was also in 2 thoughts but then I choose Xbox because it's mainly a single player experience and then multiplayer. Secondly, I'll be able to play it better with Xbox controller. PS5 will be working full time as I've ordered Alan wake 2 and Spidey 2 on it. I'll play Starfield later when it's playable :p

ahtlas7

PC specs released. Stoked!

xZhnIdZ.jpg

Oops, posted already by nightmare-slain nightmare-slain https://www.neogaf.com/threads/armored-core-vi-pc-specs-revealed.1659770/

Last edited:
Top Bottom