• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON – Gameplay Preview Trailer Dropping Tomorrow

GymWolf

Hold strafe and mash shoulder buttons for 25 hours. Gotcha.

Made a gif.

aq8AmS2.gif
mi

0514dadd-b2be-489f-802e-a2213c655463_text.gif

New Armored Core VI preview details:

• Game will be 50-60 hours long
• Environments are much larger and more vertical
• Enemies get more aggressive as their health drops
• PC has native 120 FPS support (first ever FromSoft game)
• Ray tracing can be enabled for the "Garage"
• Permanent upgrades can be earned in Arena mode
• OS Upgrades allow you to customize the feel of your mech
• Huge variety of weapons; Armory Stations allow you to change loadout mid-mission
50-60 holy fuck. Mind blown

Buggy Loop

New Armored Core VI preview details:

• Game will be 50-60 hours long
• Environments are much larger and more vertical
• Enemies get more aggressive as their health drops
• PC has native 120 FPS support (first ever FromSoft game)
• Ray tracing can be enabled for the "Garage"
• Permanent upgrades can be earned in Arena mode
• OS Upgrades allow you to customize the feel of your mech
• Huge variety of weapons; Armory Stations allow you to change loadout mid-mission

Please From... native ultrawide support please.

nikos

Looks pretty good but very claustrophobic. Also not sure how I feel about being locked on to enemies.

No chance of it supporting ultrawide with Bandai Namco on board, so hopefully it's not too difficult for the community to mod.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
20-39 year old me would love that. 40 year old me is not so sure about that time commitment for this type of game.
Almost 49 year old me is totally buying this game... and playing it someday this year (probably). Still working on FFXVI, have Baldur's Gate 3 pre-bought on Steam, and, fucking hell, I have a week scheduled off work for the release of Starfield.

My back, neck, and hands will be killing me and/or completely numb by Christmas.

Drake

yep, looks like Armored Core. I just know there's gonna be a ton of people complaining on launch day that its not Mecha-Souls

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
So i pre-ordered so far

BG3 - Ace Combat 6 - Starfield

How the fuck am i going to find the time
Diablo IV, Xenoblade 3 Future Redeemed, FF XVI, BG3, Starfield, Armored Core VI, Cyberpunk Expansion….

2023 is officially the year of long-ass games I wish I had the time to play.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
That 12 minute preview got me like...

dancing-while-crying-dancing-crying.gif

If you told me that was a remaster/remake of Armored Core 2, I wouldn't think twice. It looks very old in terms of design.

Still, with tears in my eyes I'll find myself going "I want to upgrade my secondary gun with a bigger payload" as snot dribbles out my nose.

Wide variety of reactions to this is fun to read.

skit_data

It looks pretty damn fun. In some ways it reminds me of Metroid Prime, despite being 3rd person. I can sort of see aspects in the game influenced by their recent games but I think it will be very important to approach this as something else entirely.

Edit: That gif also gives some heavy Returnal vibes, looks awesome.

Last edited:

Raven117

There is just too much awesome stuff coming out. I can't keep up.

Im still finishing up FFXVI and Zelda hopefully before Starfield. Once that is done, to BG3, then probably this. My first non-day 1 purchase of a FromSoftware game since Demon Souls.

CGNoire

Auto-Aim Everything. :(
Even the Melee looks to trigger an autothrust and attack when implemented. The only gameplay I saw in that trailer was dodging.

CGNoire

Looks pretty good but very claustrophobic. Also not sure how I feel about being locked on to enemies.

No chance of it supporting ultrawide with Bandai Namco on board, so hopefully it's not too difficult for the community to mod.
It looks like even the melee attack was automated. What are we supposed to do just dodge the whole time while spamming lock-On missiles.?

CGNoire

For veteran fans: An OS upgrade that might pique your attention is manual targeting, which restores the classic style of aiming without the help of auto-targeting from earlier entries. Be sure to equip it if you want a particularly old-school challenge.
Good to hear.
Will be interesting to see if its faithful to the way it worked before since I think they removed the Tracking-chip upgrades in assembly.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes, the art direction in the world is ... world class. The atmosphere, lighting choices, colors, architecture, etc..

10 years from now, it will still hold up. Most of the technical check box games, will not.

This is giving me returnal vibes.
And that gameplay particle machine was glorious!

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
https://metro.co.uk/2023/07/25/armored-core-6-preview-the-dark-souls-of-mech-games-19189063/

Everyone agreed the game was very good, and they enjoyed the combat and movement system, but the overriding topic of conversation was how impossibly difficult it was. That might seem obvious considering it’s by the same people behind Dark Souls and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice but while last year’s smash hit Elden Ring was a little more approachable than the FromSoftware norm, that same sense of leniency has not been extended to Armored Core 6.
As much as we love From, and giant robots, we have to admit that we were so thoroughly confounded by the first boss in Armored Core 6 that we had to get the developer to beat it for us. We would feel ashamed at that admission, as it’s not something that’s ever happened before, but to our considerable relief we found out that many others at the preview had to do the same thing.

excited the waterboy GIF

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yes, the art direction in the world is ... world class. The atmosphere, lighting choices, colors, architecture, etc..

10 years from now, it will still hold up. Most of the technical check box games, will not.

And that gameplay particle machine was glorious!
We shall see. I thought the art direction was not on par with DS3 and BB. Sekiro is their best looking game because of the beautiful setting that is held up by the incredible art direction. ER's lighting choices just felt drab and dull compared to their other games. I get that its meant to be oppressive but BB and DS3 pulled it off without looking all UE3 dull brownish. I bet when the BB 4k remaster comes out, it ends up looking better because the better art direction will shine through.

P.S I think FF16 features a lot of very similar looking castle areas that are roughly on par with ER's visual fidelity in terms of textures and models, but the lighting and architecture just feel so much more pleasant to look at in FF16. Thats one game I think that will age well because of its art design because it already looks great despite having dated assets compared to Sony first party games. Lets bump this post in ten years. ;p

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We shall see. I thought the art direction was not on par with DS3 and BB. Sekiro is their best looking game because of the beautiful setting that is held up by the incredible art direction. ER's lighting choices just felt drab and dull compared to their other games. I get that its meant to be oppressive but BB and DS3 pulled it off without looking all UE3 dull brownish. I bet when the BB 4k remaster comes out, it ends up looking better because the better art direction will shine through.

P.S I think FF16 features a lot of very similar looking castle areas that are roughly on par with ER's visual fidelity in terms of textures and models, but the lighting and architecture just feel so much more pleasant to look at in FF16. Thats one game I think that will age well because of its art design because it already looks great despite having dated assets compared to Sony first party games.
I feel ER is more cohesive in it's art direction than FF16. There are also areas that screamed BB in ER as well as their other games. That's what I love about their worlds, they all feel interconnected in some way.

Lets bump this post in ten years. ;p
well see scream queens GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom