• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon Ice

Banned
Did everyone initially think all those guys sucking up to George Michael were Fakeblock employees?

Yuuuup. Fell for that one, died when the reality was revealed. "He's 23 but he looks 16!"

I love how they keep giving him Twister.

Speaking of which, Michael Cera has not aged well at all. Dude's got an awkward shaped face/head. Like a severe overbite + no chin or something, I dunno.

One of the greatest jokes
Arrested-Development-ep-7.jpg

SuluDance

Banned
There's a New Yorker blog post taking about the Getaway song-and in the comments is this:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/06/arrested-development-getaway-pop-song.html

Hey this is great! I'm the composer for Arrested Development. Season 4 was more fun than ever. I wrote Getaway with Gabriel Mann, who also sang it. We hope to have a full length version of the song shortly. The 51 second Hi-Fi version should be on the Netflix blog/site soon. Thanks - David Schwartz

Batigol

Banned
What's everyone's favourite 3 episodes from this season anyway? Everyone I've talked to have given me different answers. Love how varied this show is

Gob 2>Gob 1>Tobias 2

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We watched the first 4. Super disappointed so far...

Seems way less cohesive and less funny so far.

We watched the first 4. Super disappointed so far...

Seems way less cohesive and less funny so far.

way less cohesive is accurate. There is a hell of a lot of plot you need to pay close attention to and about half of the stuff won't even make sense till youve seen the entire thing.
But still, its as good as it ever was

Santiako

Finished watching the season yesterday, some opinions:

-The new format was a bit confusing at the beggining, but came along great as the season went on.
-Lindsay cannot carry an episode, easily the worst.
-Tony Hale and Jessica Walters are still the best actors by far, they steal every scene they are in.
-What was up with Ann? Why did she make a weird face all the time and moved like a penguin?
-The season was dark as shit, and I love that.
-The whole build up to Fakeblock and the reveal of what it actually was was absolutely amazing.
-The pool party for George Michael in his first episode that made it look like they were kissing his ass for Fakeblock and the reveal that they were all sex offenders in his next episode was the best joke in the season, oh my god.
-GOB's and George Michael's episodes were my favourites.

Overall, I really liked the season, it was very different from the previous ones but still great, and I really hope they can do another one soon.

Layell

Part of it might just be how she was trying to act younger in her scenes with her brown hair, since those ones take place right after the season 3 finale. It isn't exactly easier to pretend to be yourself from seven years ago as a teen.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep

arrested-development_11.png

She wears padding for the role.

What about the scene when she was talking to Tony Wonder in the house? She looked like she was wearing no padding at all.
*wink*

Found this. Looks pretty good to me.

I still don't think Michael killed Lucille 2. It would be too dark. He probably pretended as a monster in the Fantastic Four musical, and the phone call to her in the morning is setup for a joke. Him having sex with her would be playing straight the awful taste of the beginning of the season.

EDIT:
Uh6ZAg6.jpg

Way to plant Ann.

I ripped those off that site, does anyone want me to make the getaway ringtone?

Yup, hook me up with the mp3!

The full lyrics are hilarious! You can't even hear them in the show (unless I'm mistaken, you only ever hear the chorus):

Oooohoooohohooooooo (Yeah, come on)
Yeah

Oh, there's nothin to ya
Yea, I see right through ya
You're losin' it (you're losin it)
You're laughin' but you're tragic
Your tricks they got no magic
You're losin' it (you always miss)

Why don't you go away getaway
Stay away getaway
Get away getaway
You're hopelessly hopeless
Getaway
Getaway
Getaway

TUSR

Banned
Yup, hook me up with the mp3!

The full lyrics are hilarious! You can't even hear them in the show (unless I'm mistaken, you only ever hear the chorus):

Oooohoooohohooooooo (Yeah, come on)
Yeah

Oh, there's nothin to ya
Yea, I see right through ya
You're losin' it (you're losin it)
You're laughin' but you're tragic
Your tricks they got no magic
You're losin' it (you always miss)

Why don't you go away getaway
Stay away getaway
Get away getaway
You're hopelessly hopeless
Getaway
Getaway
Getaway

PM'ed

I can also provide the ringtone files if you have an iPhone.

TUSR

Banned
YES! Would love a higher quality version for my phone.

edit:have an iPhone.

PM'ed the link to you.

Required a bit of trickery, funny enough I was learning this process last night because I wanted to rip a sound file from Bioshock Infinite and make it a text tone.

Nelo Ice

Banned
PM'ed the link to you.

Required a bit of trickery, funny enough I was learning this process last night because I wanted to rip a sound file from Bioshock Infinite and make it a text tone.

Awesome thanks! Will go perfect with all the other AD ringtones I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom