• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man I need this song. I wonder if they have the songs from Fantastic Four too

tumblr_mjo9dciid31qfkknao2_500.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lucille's was better than most of the earlier episodes. The first one was like "...What the hell happened? Everything's different!" Best episode has to be George Michael's, when everything comes together. Maeby is up there, and Buster's good parts of his episode.

Buster's Episode feels the weakest to me, but maybe I'm still just bitter they changed Buster's character so much from the pilot. I would have enjoyed the "Forever student with no real life experience" character over the mother's boy we got.

Also, what happened to Nellie?

I went back and rewatched the "on the next" part with the song a few times. But Shwartz hasn't put up the F4 song, ill send him an email and ask.

Cooool. We can't be the only ones that want it either. Hell, if these were full versions, even 90 seconds, they'd be so bought on iTunes or wherever if they went up. Sadly I don't think they'll do that.

TUSR

Banned
Cooool. We can't be the only ones that want it either. Hell, if these were full versions, even 90 seconds, they'd be so bought on iTunes or wherever if they went up. Sadly I don't think they'll do that.

Seeing how they are original tracks they should be able to get put up on iTunes without too much hassle thankfully.

Nelo Ice

Banned

From that link we will be getting a full version of getaway at least.

There is a soundtrack in the works. Look for a full version of Getaway on the soundtrack.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I finished it up over the weekend, doing one episode per day. I loved it. I'm going to start a re-watch of the entire series (which I sort of just did, but fuck it) before going through it again.

I thought the first few episodes were kind of rough, and I didn't really care for GOB's first, but the rest were excellent. Watching them again will give me more of an appreciation for the rest, I think.

Was watching the Fantastic Four (2005) movie yesterday, and all I could think to myself is "I'd sure like to get my rocks off with Jessica Alba"...Best part though, they showed AD S4 commercials a few times.

inm8num2

Six episodes in and I still feel largely the same as before.

Few of these characters, if any, are able to carry episodes by themselves. S1-3 thrived on a short scenes with rapid interplay among a few characters. In S4 scenes are longer and more drawn out. It's just not as entertaining.

Again, I like S4 but functionally I think tighter editing would have done well. But having more AD than less AD isn't necessarily a bad thing.

johnsmith

remember me
I've watched the first 11 episodes and I have to say this is awful. While there's maybe 1 or 2 chuckles per episode, overall it's not any good. The new episode structure is garbage, and there's too much focus on awful new characters or awful old minor characters. Here's hoping the George-Michael and Bustet episodes blow me away.

I keep not posting the link out of laziness, but you guys haven't discussed David Schwartz's AMA that really clears up the Getaway and soundtrack stuff. Getaway is going to be posted on the Netflix blog soon, according to Schwartz and of course the soundtrack is going to be nuts. The entire thing is worth a read:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1fw4vh/i_am_david_schwartz_composer_of_arrested/

Holy crap that link was awesome. I love mentions to the Hermano song, as well as the Gothic Remix of Final Countdown. haha So good.

Batigol

Banned
I've watched the first 11 episodes and I have to say this is awful. While there's maybe 1 or 2 chuckles per episode, overall it's not any good. The new episode structure is garbage, and there's too much focus on awful new characters or awful old minor characters. Here's hoping the George-Michael and Bustet episodes blow me away.

If Gob's 2 didn't those two won't

One of the many pleasures of last night’s Mel Brooks AFI tribute was meeting “Arrested Development” creator Mitch Hurwitz. He was sitting at the same table as Netflix chief Ted Sarandos. And the two very creative guys told me that, if they can pull everyone together again, “Arrested Development” will be back on Netflix with more episodes.

Source

Sounds like Netflix could be on board with bringing more episodes instead of a movie. Not sure about this source though.

Heh finally found a pic of this, it was one fine egg:

BigDug13

No movie. The format works really well as a TV show and I don't want a bunch of work going into something that will only have 90-120 minutes of material in a format that might not be successful.

Just finished the season and while the first half of it was kind of a drag, the last half was greattttt. That cliffhanger though...not sure how I feel about it. Next season/movie can't come soon enough!

Kevtones

I could listen to Ron Howard reading forever.

More love needs to be given to the Buster episode. That and the Maeby episode really hit well I thought.

Just started my first rewatch of Season 4 yesterday, and it's IMMEDIATELY so much better. Knowing who it is coming from upstairs when Michael says to GOB "I KNEW IT I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN IT!" was fucking hysterical.

Wtf?

Netflix just uploaded a shit ton of videos of Ron Howard narrating random tweets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qRTgdMWrt8

Hahahaha

Edit: He looks so tired in these, though.

Haha, brilliant. Ron narrated so much more this time around with the 32 minute episodes. Poor guy has to be still recovering.

I could listen to Ron Howard reading forever.

More love needs to be given to the Buster episode. That and the Maeby episode really hit well I thought.

After having watched both these episodes thrice, I love the Buster episode more each time, while Maeby, I like, but she's still on the bottom half of my favorites from this season. Although, Love her F bombs as Lindsey and Michael and Gob come into the penthouse and Model House. haha.

Bladenic

Oh my sweet Jesus what happened to Lindsay's face? Why did Ellen let Portia do that to her face? :(

It's also so jarring to see the characters look so much older (except funnily enough Lucille and George Sr.) while not that much time passed in the show. Although I guess Tony Hale and Will Arnett haven't aged that much, but the others sure have.

Grinchy

Banned
Oh my sweet Jesus what happened to Lindsay's face? Why did Ellen let Portia do that to her face? :(

Get ready. People are going to tell you that nothing changed and that she was just wearing a wig in the earlier episodes and that it's throwing you off. She does look better in the later episodes, but maybe her early stuff was filmed later on after having her face hacked to shreds by a wood chipper.

I don't factually know what was going on there, but she looks inhuman at the beginning of the season.

Bladenic

Maybe I'm not observant enough but she looks totally fine.

Really? I don't even think you need to be observant to notice how different she looked in episode 3. Perhaps it's because I just finished S3 today, but it's a huge difference nonetheless.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I don't actually want a movie. I'd much rather see another full season on Netflix. I really enjoyed this season.

Yep that's how I feel. It would be so awesome if they could get the whole cast together (like REALLY together) for a final season. In the end I felt like the new format worked pretty well, but only for one season. I don't want to see that happen for the next season. It was great to see all the storylines come together, but it's time for a regular season.

I would of course take a movie over nothing, but I think it would feel disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom