• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart took 600,000 hours to develop

clarky

Gold Member
There is something called managing your project in timely manner, then there is overworking your employees, because you want to hit the deadline.

People like you, are why there is alot of bad management in the industry. Employees shouldn't be responsible for the managements mistakes.

I am being forced to work 10 hours for 2 weeks in my company, because there is government holiday, which I am not responsible. Fuck those shits.
OMG! not ten hours a day for 2 weeks, hope your ok.

kingfey

Banned
OMG! not ten hours a day for 2 weeks, hope your ok.
We fucking do that every week, anytime they want to.

That was just example of them overworking us, because of the holiday.

Anytime they feel like, they will give us those 10 hours, because they are fucking incompetent as fuck.

SJRB

Gold Member
m0DXT9w.gif

There is something called managing your project in timely manner, then there is overworking your employees, because you want to hit the deadline.

People like you, are why there is alot of bad management in the industry. Employees shouldn't be responsible for the managements mistakes.

I am being forced to work 10 hours for 2 weeks in my company, because there is government holiday, which I am not responsible. Fuck those shits.
Sorry bud, you’re responsible for whatever they want to put on your plate. Great thing is, you can find another employer that will treat you as you believe you deserve to be treated. Unless you really don’t care, have no intention of finding another job, and are bitching to bitch. In that case, then eat up cause there’s plenty more 10hr days in your future.

kingfey

Banned
Sorry bud, you’re responsible for whatever they want to put on your plate. Great thing is, you can find another employer that will treat you as you believe you deserve to be treated. Unless you really don’t care, have no intention of finding another job, and are bitching to bitch. In that case, then eat up cause there’s plenty more 10hr days in your future.
You aren't grasping this situation very well.

The fact that the employer can make his employee work overtime anytime he wants is the issue.
If they mess up, that is overtime for the employees.
The break they have is horrible. For 8 hour shift, you are getting 10 min and 20 min lunch break. And if you are doing 10 hour, you are getting extra 10min break.

They aren't small company. They are a big company, which doesn't face any consequences for their actions.

I can find another job easily. But the fact that a big company like that does these actions openly, makes me question if other companies do the same thing now.

You aren't grasping this situation very well.

The fact that the employer can make his employee work overtime anytime he wants is the issue.
If they mess up, that is overtime for the employees.
The break they have is horrible. For 8 hour shift, you are getting 10 min and 20 min lunch break. And if you are doing 10 hour, you are getting extra 10min break.

They aren't small company. They are a big company, which doesn't face any consequences for their actions.

I can find another job easily. But the fact that a big company like that does these actions openly, makes me question if other companies do the same thing now.
You seem to suggest you’re an indentured servant of some sort. An employer can’t *make* anyone do anything they don’t want to, you do realize that right? I just wanted to instill a bit of reality in that you can *easily* find a better company to work for, definitely better than the horrible conditions you’re currently being subjected to. So, why haven’t you?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Nobody should be asked to work more than 8 hours a day.

kingfey kingfey there'll be other shitty companies yeah, but there are also big companies that know how to treat their employees with respect. Look for one of those, we all deserve to work for someone that cares.

In my case it took switching jobs 10+ times in ~7 years, but you'll end up getting lucky.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You seem to suggest you’re an indentured servant of some sort. An employer can’t *make* anyone do anything they don’t want to, you do realize that right? I just wanted to instill a bit of reality in that you can *easily* find a better company to work for, definitely better than the horrible conditions you’re currently being subjected to. So, why haven’t you?
I started working for this company 2 months ago. I cant go to another company, since I dont have funds for my rent, when I quit the company.
So far, I am saving money. Once I have enough for 2 months rent, I can yeet out from the company.

Meanwhile, I have to endure it, until I have enough money.

kingfey

Banned

kingfey kingfey there'll be other shitty companies yeah, but there are also big companies that know how to treat their employees with respect. Look for one of those, we all deserve to work for someone that cares.

In my case it took switching jobs 10+ times in ~7 years, but you'll end up getting lucky.
I am looking at my options now. 2-3 months of savings, and I will look for another job.

Nydius

With the embargoes the west have put on Russia, including every gaming storefront basically locking Russia out, I highly doubt this'll see its targeted December 2022 release. Honestly, knowing that their product is probably going to be hamstrung by political and economic pressures, I'd purposely slow down development, give the team time to relax and decompress, and intentionally push the game well into 2023, hoping that the conflict, and the embargo, is over by then.

Last edited:

Tangerine

With the embargoes the west have put on Russia, including every gaming storefront basically locking Russia out, I highly doubt this'll see its targeted December 2022 release. Honestly, knowing that their product is probably going to be hamstrung by political and economic pressures, I'd purposely slow down development, give the team time to relax and decompress, and intentionally push the game well into 2023, hoping that the conflict, and the embargo, is over by then.
The name of the game having the word atomic in it; as well as it being a Russian studio; probs won't help the matter either. Hope I'm wrong.

jaysius

Banned

You haven’t worked many min wage jobs. Or construction jobs either I take it. Many require more than 8 hours a day. Also you’re happy you’re getting said hours.

Imagine kingfey kingfey in an industrial job with actual hazards in a 12 hour shift. It’s great that you found your niche, but tippity tapping on a keyboard although a brain drain doesn’t compare to being cramped up in a crawl space for 6 hours lunch then having to go back to said space probably needing to schelp 10-30lbs of gear up countless levels to go back into your crawlspace hell for another 6 hours. No AC either probably have stinky assholes brushing past you the entire time, then people might literally stand or kick your work requiring you to go right back in there another day. If your out doors in the winter you actually have a chance of getting serious frostbite.

You think crunch is bad in tech… we’ll let me tell you about in construction.

Oh and overtime in construction? If you don’t take it, no matter how good your work is, you can find yourself a “favorite“ next time a layoff wave hits.

Take this time working at that shit company to realize you’re getting a sweet pay check and instead of this “harsh condtion” getting you down learn to let it strengthen you, then the next job no matter how bad it gets will seem easy.

Every bad job is a learning experience you just need the right perspective.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

What does vertical slice mean? Does it mean Out of Context? Not representative?
A vertical slice is basically a playable portion of the project that shows what's intended for the game. So, all its main mechanics and elements working, etc. Something that represents what to expect when it's done.

Top Bottom