• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers Endgame (SPOILER THREAD)

Raziel

i re-watched black panther and guardians 2 on netflix. i remember thinking at release they were kinda boring/whatever, and while theyre still kinda whatever in terms of quality, they feel like thrill rides compared to endgame in terms of how they pace/space their action scenes. still can’t believe how devoid of action endgame was.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
No, there are two Gamoras. The one that died in this reality, and the one from the 2014 branch universe which lost its Thanos to Tony's snap. In the branch universe Thanos doesn't exist to collect the infinity stones and so Gamora would never be in a position to be sacrificed.

If the Avengers went back and took Nat before she left to get the soul stone then this would create a new branch where either, A.) The Avengers never get the soul stone and are defeated by Thanos, or B.) Someone else sacrifices themselves in Nat's place. And as Cap says, the Avengers don't trade lives.

Now, they could take Nat from the 2014 universe that no longer has Thanos, since she is no longer needed to make the sacrifice. But in that case they wouldn't be saving her; just stealing her from another group of Avengers. The Nat from their universe would still be gone.
There ya go took you one post to get Nat back. We need to forward this to the Avengers.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
There ya go took you one post to get Nat back. We need to forward this to the Avengers.
Did you miss the part where:

A.) The Avengers never get the soul stone and are defeated by Thanos, or B.) Someone else sacrifices themselves in Nat's place. And as Cap says, the Avengers don't trade lives.

Now, they could take Nat from the 2014 universe that no longer has Thanos, since she is no longer needed to make the sacrifice. But in that case they wouldn't be saving her; just stealing her from another group of Avengers. The Nat from their universe would still be gone.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You guys are all missing the point. They got Gamora back. Doesn't matter who Gamora, or where Gamora, or even why Gamora. All the terrible reasons they can not get Nat back don't mean shit if it's ok to get Gamora back.
1. Gamora willingly entered the prime timeline on her own.

2. Quill isn't in love with her yet in that timeline.

3. All those terrible reasons you can't get Nat back do still mean something. Stealing Nat from another timeline is not the same as "stealing" Gamora.

MetalAlien

Banned
1. Gamora willingly entered the prime timeline on her own.

2. Quill isn't in love with her yet in that timeline.

3. All those terrible reasons you can't get Nat back do still mean something. Stealing Nat from another timeline is not the same as "stealing" Gamora.
Nat is a broken woman, go to the onther timeline tell her what happened... she might come on her own.

pimentel1

Banned
Depressed. All future Marvel titles will not do as well. I didn’t even bother with Phase 1 until I knew Joss Whedon was directing the first Avengers film. With the Thanos cameo in Avengers 1, I felt that the Russo brothers finished what Joss started, and without Joss’ guidance, I feel that anything after endgame wouldn’t be worth it. Probably watch GOTG3, but thats about it.

BlackTron

Ya I don't want to go to deep into it, I just feel that in IW it seemed like there was a plan for it to payoff, but that got lost somewhere along the lines when Endgame was being produced. Its kinda like how TLJ dropped the whole who is Rey's parents thing from TFA.

Strange seemed like he had some grand plan, but in Endgame they kinda forgot about it all and just went with a time travel plot.

Basically to me it was something that didn't need to be set up anyways and they kinda didn't really pay it off (ouitside of Tony sacrificing himself which would probably happen anyways and didn't need Strange seeing 100's of futures). It was a plot point that really didn't go anywhere.

Tony couldn't have sacrificed himself to save everyone if Strange didn't hand over the time stone, because if he hadn't, Thanos would have killed Tony right there, and then finished collecting the stones anyway.

The snap would have occurred, and the Avengers would never have come up with a plan to bring everyone back.

By looking through the different possibilities, Strange saw that the only case where everyone lives is to allow the snap to happen and keep Tony alive to fix it. That meant handing over the time stone.

The gauntlet was also made by Tony and it's likely only he could have swiped all the stones so easily from Thanos in one go.

FireFly

Nat is a broken woman, go to the onther timeline tell her what happened... she might come on her own.
She is broken because of the snap, which wouldn't happen in the 2014 universe. In her universe Iron Man doesn't sacrifice himself, Captain America doesn't decide to spend the rest of his life in another timeline, and Hawkeye isn't destroyed by guilt at the death of a version of that her she has no experience of. I don't see why she would feel more affinity for this messed up universe than the one she currently inhabits, where she is appreciated for who she is – and not as a second-rate replacement for a bunch of cowardly "heroes", who can't live with a version of her not being in their lives.

Gamora's situation is different, because she is the last of her species and her "family" is killed in Endgame, so she has no existing ties. And she never fell in love with Quill and had none of the experiences that constituted their relationship in the first place. So she cannot replace the person that Quill lost. It would be like if your parents died but you went into a parallel universe where your parents never had you, and brought them back to this universe to live with you. Would it be getting your parents back? Or living with a bunch of strangers?

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
She is broken because of the snap, which wouldn't happen in the 2014 universe. In her universe Iron Man doesn't sacrifice himself, Captain America doesn't decide to spend the rest of his life in another timeline, and Hawkeye isn't destroyed by guilt at the death of a version of that her she has no experience of. I don't see why she would feel more affinity for this messed up universe than the one she currently inhabits, where she is appreciated for who she is – and not as a second-rate replacement for a bunch of cowardly "heroes", who can't live with a version of her not being in their lives.

Gamora's situation is different, because she is the last of her species and her "family" is killed in Endgame, so she has no existing ties. And she never fell in love with Quill and had none of the experiences that constituted their relationship in the first place. So she cannot replace the person that Quill lost. It would be like if your parents died but you went into a parallel universe where your parents never had you, and brought them back to this universe to live with you. Would it be getting your parents back? Or living with a bunch of strangers?
Didn't watch Age of Ulton did you? Nat has been broke from the beginning. How about since we are treating this like real life and not a lazily written movie... we let Nat decide and at least propose the option in the movie itself... maybe they all decide it's a bad idea... but at least bring it up.

FireFly

Sure, but there is already a huge list of things that they didn't have time to fit in.

1.) Captain Marvel's return to Earth and how she found Iron Man
2.) An explanation of how Banner resolved the conflict between him and Hulk
3.) An explanation of what happened to Vision
4.) Thanos manufacturing new pim particles to send his fleet through
5.) How Cap planned to return the stones
6.) Nat's funeral
7.) What happened to Earth after the snap, and what will happen now given the loss of 5 years
8.) The future of the Avengers/SHIELD
9.) Whether time travel will even be allowed in the future. As every time they create a new branch they run the risk of people invading from that branch.

I feel like they could have added another 30 minutes to the movie just dealing with the repercussions of what happened at the end. I think the discussion about Nat would have been part of a general discussion about the use of time travel.

sol_bad

Didn't watch Age of Ulton did you? Nat has been broke from the beginning. How about since we are treating this like real life and not a lazily written movie... we let Nat decide and at least propose the option in the movie itself... maybe they all decide it's a bad idea... but at least bring it up.

The movie is far from lazily written. It's one of the best thought out time travel plots I have seen in film. You are just coming up with silly work arounds that don't mesh with the world and characters that have been created. None of them want an alternate reality Nat, they know it's not their Nat.

As for Nat being broken, her being broken in AoE and her being broken in Endgame are 2 entirely different levels of broken. Why would 2014 Nat return to a future she knows people are dead in and there has been a world wide crisis? I'm pretty sure she'd want to stay in her current time line and prevent that future from occurring.

Regarding point 4 from above about Pym particles, I don't think new ones were needed to be manufactured. In Ant-man and the Wasp, as weird as it is, anyone sitting in the car that shrank would automatically shrink with the car. It's safe to assume anyone in Thanos' ship would just naturally shrink with it.

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
The movie is far from lazily written. It's one of the best thought out time travel plots I have seen in film. You are just coming up with silly work arounds that don't mesh with the world and characters that have been created. None of them want an alternate reality Nat, they know it's not their Nat.

As for Nat being broken, her being broken in AoE and her being broken in Endgame are 2 entirely different levels of broken. Why would 2014 Nat return to a future she knows people are dead in and there has been a world wide crisis? I'm pretty sure she'd want to stay in her current time line and prevent that future from occurring.

Regarding point 4 from above about Pym particles, I don't think new ones were needed to be manufactured. In Ant-man and the Wasp, as weird as it is, anyone sitting in the car that shrank would automatically shrink with the car. It's safe to assume anyone in Thanos' ship would just naturally shrink with it.
Thanos has this exact conversation about Nebula. Arguably the smartest guy in this movie-verse says on screen that both Nebulas are the same person. I'm just entertaining this discussion at this point. You guys just can't accept the galaxy spanning plot holes in the VERY lazy movie. I gave up on actually convincing you pages ago.

Oh and back to the Trump metaphor! On rewatch I noticed Tony actually says the word Trump in the movie...lol

sol_bad

Thanos has this exact conversation about Nebula. Arguably the smartest guy in this movie-verse says on screen that both Nebulas are the same person. I'm just entertaining this discussion at this point. You guys just can't accept the galaxy spanning plot holes in the VERY lazy movie. I gave up on actually convincing you pages ago.

Oh and back to the Trump metaphor! On rewatch I noticed Tony actually says the word Trump in the movie...lol

Same people, different time line.
Because they are at different stages of their life, they are essentially different people. Nebula has grown a lot between 2014 and 2023. The movie shows you this perfectly by .. you know ... 2014 Nebula ending up dead.

2014 Nebula wants to please her farther, 2018 (Infinity War) Nebula does not.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
Just came back from a 2nd viewing. I feel that if you just turn off your brain, it's a pretty emotional and engrossing movie. The key is to just not think about things too much and go with the emotional flow the movie is trying to give you.

And yeah I think Thor totally stole the show in this one. All my favorites scenes are his. I would gladly pay to watch another 3 trilogies of the Adventures of Fat Thor. And I'm not even that upset about Hulk not getting to smash Thanos. Both he and Thor seem to serve as comic relief in these past few films since Ragnarok, and I'm ok with it, since they're so brilliant at it.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm on my way to my second viewing.
I wasn't particularly impressed with my first viewing as I don't generally enjoy time travel storylines and I felt like the film was very slow paced.

I do want to see that final battle again as I clearly missed things first time around (didn't notice Howard the Duck on first viewings).

I'll be interested to see how it holds up on second viewing.

BlackTron

On the second part, they also needed the Tesseract since Loki had just grabbed it and poofed out of there. They didn't have a way to find him. Jumping back to 1970 would allow them get the Pym Particles and what they were really after in the first place.

Reading this made me realize! Even though they needed to get the Tesseract AND find more pym particles because they only had enough for one jump. Couldn't they have gotten all the pym particles they need safely from Hank Pym, and then have their choosing of what time to grab the Tesseract from?

I need to stop thinking about this while I'm ahead lol. The way they did it allowed Tony to see his dad.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Saw the movie last night. For the amount of work they had to do, effectively closing several story lines altogether, it was pretty good. Sure, things could get better, but you have to imagine, its multiple story lines interwoven to come to this place. A writer's nightmare, yet it succeeded, in my eyes.
This movie is a compete mess.
Ill have to disagree. Whilst some elements could be done better, like
A better understanding of what they are going into. The Soul Stone bickering was rather weak because Hawkeye and Nat could have seen this coming but only threw up an argument when the moment came. That's silly. The introduction of Scott Lang was also a bit haphazard. Then again, you can tell that even in 3 hours, it still felt a bit cramped.
I do not think the movie is a complete mess. But personally, what went well, and what didn't: Aka movie review.
  • Captain Marvel's entry was forced, and like in her own movie, she comes across as smug and know-it-all. I also don't like how she instantly is promoted to most powerful avenger right off the bat.
  • And the all female fight crew scene? Could have been done so much better. Now it felt like a product of societal pressure for more inclusivity. Which is bull. You have these characters, give them something more worthy of it rather than such a low level appeal to current events. These two points are basically the grunt of my critique. The rest are minor faults which i can look over because of the complexity of the script.
  • Iron Man being a semi-nerd with an ego problem is almost like Downey JR itself. His joke delivery simply does not work.
  • Soul Stone bickering. Come on now.
  • No new Draxism's. Drax was hilarious in GOTG, shame he was reduced to near-cameo status here.
Now, there were also great things:
  • Drunk Thor should be a spin-off movie. That shit was great. I am not even going to spoil anything beyond this. Just imagine Thor being shitfaced. Its. That. Good.
  • Hulk Bruce also had some goofy moments.
  • Captain America being able to hold Mjolnir. A nice surprise. I personally have zero interest in Cap America as a hero, but this moment moved him to a semi-decent character, for me atleast.
  • Iron Man's burial was also pretty impressive and a very good way of closure. Also, the interaction with Stark Sr and Stark's daughter. I dunno, it was nice.
  • Stan Lee. :messenger_heart: This was nice.
All in all, it adhers faithfully to the title. It really is, the Endgame.

Last edited:

Dazrael

Of course the start of the film was going to be slow, it followed the finale of the last film which was action packed to the gills. You can’t follow the end to that film with an equally intense start to this film, there needs to be a period of reflection to counter the previous act. Just think of it as all one film, it makes sense to portray the fallout.

I loved the start to this film, it shows that they are more than one dimensional comic characters and that they have actual feelings. You need to establish what they are fighting for, just having arbitrary action for the sake of it doesn’t make a good film.

Lanrutcon

Just saw it, went in without any spoilers.

For a 3 hour movie that has to wrap up all that shit? Fucking A. Not a dry tear in the house. You could hear a pin drop during the emotional pauses. Cap getting serious, Thor being a broken puppy, Hawkeye having nothing to lose, all executed super well. When Cap dropped The Line(tm) it was the ultimate payoff, <spoiler> shutting Thanos up at the end? Poetry.

Was worried Captain Marvel was gonna sink the ship, but she was a minor character when it came down to it.

Satisfying, emotional and a great final chapter. There's no way I'd tell any fan of the movies to not see it. 8/10, easily.

pimentel1

Banned
I still think Red Skeleton (aka The Reaper that chases you in Gauntlet) is there for a future story setup. Cap has to return the Soul Stone, so it reasons he encountered Red Skeleton on Vormir. If sacrificing someone you love brings about the Soul Stone, sacrificing someone you hate returns the Soul Stone and enslaves them to Vormir, which might be what Cap does to Red Skeleton, thus creating Reaper Skeleton. Then Cap alters Black Widow’s fate by making two enemies working together sacrifice one (who I dunno), gets the Soul Stone and whaa la! She alive and Nick Fury playing coy, keeping secret Black Widow is alive for another day in true SHIELD fashion. But then Soul Stone out again— fuck I don’t know.

JimiNutz

Banned
I actually liked it more second time around.

I still have slight issues with the pacing of the film and dislike time travel being a part of the MCU now but the emotional beats resonated with me a lot more on my second viewing and that final battle is pretty awesome.

I still didn't see Howard the Duck though...

So... she has to have emotional flaws to be powerful? You guys are really sad with your reasonings. Lol "Universe Breaking" foh.
I would have to agree with them. Superman sucks as a character because he’s over powered. Same goes for Carol. The only thing that would make her interesting is her becoming evil.

Tritroid

Just saw it last night- loved it. Saw it with some old college friends and it was pretty emotional when we realized all the movies we had been seeing together for over a decade were now over. :messenger_pensive:

I thought everything was great except for how they handled Black Widow. She's not my favorite Avenger at all, but that just seemed so tossed in, and then no one cared about her at the end? Let's only have a funeral for Tony, lol.

MetalAlien

Banned
And and and, anyone noticed how the Infinity Gauntlet switched hands between movies? It's politically opposite of what it should be but Thanos has a gauntlet made for his left hand and Tony makes the Iron Gauntlet for Hulks right hand. Guess they didn't want to be too on the nose but it seems to be a symbol of the two political ideologies of each film. Not counting the fake gauntlet from Ragnarok that was for the right hand

pramod

Banned
Just saw it last night- loved it. Saw it with some old college friends and it was pretty emotional when we realized all the movies we had been seeing together for over a decade were now over. :messenger_pensive:

I thought everything was great except for how they handled Black Widow. She's not my favorite Avenger at all, but that just seemed so tossed in, and then no one cared about her at the end? Let's only have a funeral for Tony, lol.

Thats also what i felt after the first viewing. After the 2nd time, I think her death wasnt ignored at all. The scene at the lake was pretty much her symbolic funeral. Hawkeye talked about her after the final battle, and Hulk did again in the last scene. She wasnt forgotten at all.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Saw it a 2nd time today, still love the final battle, but the first part dragged WAY more when you knew everything. Dare I say almost to the point of boredom at spots.

I was on the fence with infinite war and endgame being my favorite, but that choice is clear now. IW was just a much better movie to watch from start to finish.

I don’t know how they could have ended it any better then endgame though so in the end I will still call the movie a must see for fans.

pramod

Banned
I also just thought of something. The way Thanos used the time stone in IW, seems to break the "you can't change the future" rule that they set in the Endgame. I mean if that rule applied, then when Thanos went back in time so he can get the mind stone from Vision, just means that he created a separate timeline. So what did he really do there? Did he go back in time, or "rewind" time in itself? I mean if you can do that, why didn't the Avengers just steal the Time Stone, rewind back to the battle in IW and then have Thor aim for the head?

Last edited:

kunonabi

I also just thought of something. The way Thanos used the time stone in IW, seems to break the "you can't change the future" rule that they set in the Endgame. I mean if that rule applied, then when Thanos went back in time so he can get the mind stone from Vision, just means that he created a separate timeline. So what did he really do there? Did he go back in time, or "rewind" time in itself? I mean if you can do that, why didn't the Avengers just steal the Time Stone, rewind back to the battle in IW and then have Thor aim for the head?

We don't really know for sure since the movies make no clarification as how the time stone differs from Quantum Realm traveling but I assume it is indeed more of a direct rewinding of time so it doesn't create any new branches. The Strange film does indicate that they should be repercussions from it's use so I imagine those take a much different form.

To be honest a lot of the movie falls apart due to the Avengers having the stones. There is 0 reason why they don't just bring back Tony once the battle is over.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think it's "you can't change the future by going into the past", since that only creates a different, branching timeline. In Infinity War, Thanos didn't go back in time to get the mind stone from Vision. He just turned back time in their current reality. This is the same as when Dr. Strange changed the apple, or then entire end battle of Dr. Strange the movie. That was basically changing time in a thing vs changing a thing's place in time. That was the problem that they originally ran into with Ant Man becoming a baby and an old man.

I guess they couldn't rewind time because no one knows how to do that, even if they did have the time stone. Even if they kidnapped Dr. Strange from another reality to rewind time for them, maybe he wouldn't have the skill necessary to rewind time for 5 years.

sol_bad

Guys, c'mon, stop trying to look for "plot holes". The time stone and Quantum Realm are 2 entirely different things.
It was established in Doctor Strange that the time stone affects the current reality directly.

The aim of their mission was to undo the snap, not rewind time and stop the snappening from happening. Doing that would drastically change the present. The trillions of people in the universe with new children would potentially lose their children. Tony said that that would not fly with him.

To be honest a lot of the movie falls apart due to the Avengers having the stones. There is 0 reason why they don't just bring back Tony once the battle is over.

As I mentioned earlier, what right do they have to bring back one person from the dead without giving trillions of others in the universe the same opportunity? It would be extremely selfish.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
Cap going toe to toe with Thanos and then saying Avengers Assemble made the 22 movies worth it.

The end fight is very re watchable.

Its a cool fight but not that well written. Thanos has shown to be completely outclassing any Avenger in melee combat, yet they kept getting in close to him. I mean why didnt Cap just keep frying him with Mjolnirs lightning instead of jumping in to close combat. Same with Iron Man. At least Wanda had the right idea and just used her energy projection powers.

sol_bad

Its a cool fight but not that well written. Thanos has shown to be completely outclassing any Avenger in melee combat, yet they kept getting in close to him. I mean why didnt Cap just keep frying him with Mjolnirs lightning instead of jumping in to close combat. Same with Iron Man. At least Wanda had the right idea and just used her energy projection powers.

Mjilnor lightning and lasers don't damage him, just annoys him, Melee attacks don't damage him either. Nothing damages him really.

*EDIT*
And yes I know Thor stuck Stormbreaker in his chest in Infinity War. You could say that was a freak 1 in 14 billion chance of that happening.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned

Because its a movie with choreographed action scenes. I always said you need to shut your brain off for this movie, once you start questioning it, it falls apart on itself. With its time travel plot and corner the Russo's wrote themselves into with the dusting you just have to accept the ride and plot holes. Thats why I would say between it and Avengers 2 its a top of for worst of the series, with Avengers 1 and IW way way above Endgame.

But a reason why they were fighting him close combat was probably to cut his head off again like Thor did at the begining of the movie and like he should of done at the end of IW.

But ya overall the movie has a ton of plot holes that you either accept and go along with, or nit pick all day. Once you introduce time travel you can't really avoid it. Thats the consequence of killing 50% of the world and then having to write a way out of it.

pramod

Banned
BTW gotta mention Don Cheadle/Rhodey's great comedic quips in this movie. His rant about time travel and movies was classic. I think this is the first MCU movie where he wasn't a complete waste of screen time. His interactions with Nebula were also great.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
BTW gotta mention Don Cheadle/Rhodey's great comedic quips in this movie. His rant about time travel and movies was classic. I think this is the first MCU movie where he wasn't a complete waste of screen time. His interactions with Nebula were also great.

I def agree with this and noticed this a lot more on repeat viewing. I'd def give a War Machine movie a go (especially if he was paired up with another hero for a buddy cop movie kinda vibe).

pramod

Banned
His baby Thanos line was fucking awesome.

Yes and his gestures had the whole theater in stitches.

I think that's the whole secret of Marvel movies. They can inject great humor even when telling stories about trillions of people dying. Because they cast actors who are genuinely funny. This is why DC can never compete. For examples of how NOT to do humor in movies, check out The Last Jedi.

kunonabi

Even Wanda walked right in his face too she was just too strong for it to matter luckily.

I was honestly hoping for something much different for that fight than just another horde battle and honestly it might be the worst of the bunch. The first Avengers film had more mini storylines to the battle along with having more variety what with the different sized beasts and the various tactics. Age of Ultron had the evacuation of the civilians, trying to destroy the landmass, and big moments for the twins to really flesh it out. The Wakanda battle was pretty awful too but it had couple of fun character moments, Thor's entrance and Scarlet Witch's big moment plus Thanos' eventual appearance.

Endgame just has Thanos vs a couple people and then everything else is just noise with very little going on for the majority of the cast. The rugby game with the gauntlet just wasn't well thought out especially once they handed it Marvel which should have just resulted in immediate success on that front. Even the big moments with Cap fell flat for me. For me it's Cap lifting the hammer that's the big money shot so when it started flying my immediate response was thinking that a second, not fat piece of shit, Thor had arrived instead of it finally being Cap wielding the hammer. It just sapped any excitement I had for the moment much like the incredibly underplayed Avengers Assemble line. We waited all that time and he basically says it under his breath. Having the fight just take place in the ruins of Avengers HQ was really boring too. And of course having the fight being against an earlier Thanos robbed the battle of most of its potential.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Even Wanda walked right in his face too she was just too strong for it to matter luckily.

I was honestly hoping for something much different for that fight than just another horde battle and honestly it might be the worst of the bunch. The first Avengers film had more mini storylines to the battle along with having more variety what with the different sized beasts and the various tactics. Age of Ultron had the evacuation of the civilians, trying to destroy the landmass, and big moments for the twins to really flesh it out. The Wakanda battle was pretty awful too but it had couple of fun character moments, Thor's entrance and Scarlet Witch's big moment plus Thanos' eventual appearance.

Endgame just has Thanos vs a couple people and then everything else is just noise with very little going on for the majority of the cast. The rugby game with the gauntlet just wasn't well thought out especially once they handed it Marvel which should have just resulted in immediate success on that front. Even the big moments with Cap fell flat for me. For me it's Cap lifting the hammer that's the big money shot so when it started flying my immediate response was thinking that a second, not fat piece of shit, Thor had arrived instead of it finally being Cap wielding the hammer. It just sapped any excitement I had for the moment much like the incredibly underplayed Avengers Assemble line. We waited all that time and he basically says it under his breath. Having the fight just take place in the ruins of Avengers HQ was really boring too. And of course having the fight being against an earlier Thanos robbed the battle of most of its potential.
It was just a Disney wank fest with stakes and tension appropriate for toddlers watching a cartoon.

Absolutely nothing like a good tactical, tension filled battle.

pramod

Banned

Yeah, CM can travel faster than light-speed, but somehow she can't out-fly Thanos' goons and his sword.

BTW, how was she supposed to come back if she went back in time? She wasn't equipped with one of those time-gps-thingies and no Pym particles.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Yeah, CM can travel faster than light-speed, but somehow she can't out-fly Thanos throwing a sword.

BTW, how was she supposed to come back if she went back in time? She wasn't equipped with one of those time-gps-thingies and no Pym particles.

I think the plan was to just chuck the gauntlet into the quantum realm so Thanos couldn't get his hands on it and do the snap again. It would totally screw up some other reality but the Avengers couldn't be asked to give a damn about that at the time. Which is kind of funny because if the plan had worked than they would have boned the Ancient One just like she was worried about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom