• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Community goes crazy after studio reveals Bear Romance Scene

Zathalus

Great. So someone else ITT argued that cannibals, incest, and child orgies are cool in order to convince me that a bear banging an elf isn't weird, but I'm the instigator that needs to touch grass.

giphy.gif
So now you are resorting to straight up lying? I never argued anything of the sort. I argued that far worse things have been positively portrayed in media then some simple bear fucking and nobody has normalised any of it.

Just because I mentioned some examples does not mean I enjoy or condone whatever activities therein. I thought this would be fucking obvious.

Stop trying to take the moral highground instead of facing the actual argument.

Hmmm, I find it fascinating that people are cheering for bestiality, wonder how different the response would have been if the cutscene was a female getting mounted by a bull.

Zathalus

How about quoting my next response?

Where exactly did I write that I saw Hannibal as an anti-hero or that the IT scene was something I endorsed? I was referred to authorial intent not my personal feelings on the matter. Personally I think Hannibal is a monster and the scene in IT was completely unnecessary. Take up your issues with Thomas Harris and Stephen King, not me.

Oh, I suppose that would you require to not be dishonest?

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Comparing fucking a bear with pedophilia

I dont even know what to say, man

Comparing a real life problem with an absurd thing like that.

How many people do you know have fucked a bear? A shark? An alligator?
I had a friend who had sex with snakes...but to each their own..but to get offended over bear sex in a video game. Ah yes, today's generation. I instantly pre ordered the game after

Drizzlehell

Banned
How about quoting my next response?

Oh, I suppose that would you require to not be dishonest?
I can assure you that it wasn't the author's intent on any of those things, and it was just how you interpreted it and later tried to backpedal out of that statement.

Fredrik

The GM/DM acts as a facilitator and arbitrator. Their role is to fill in the gaps as players explore the world. A good GM prepares encounters and plans out scenarios which progress based on player action. Players are free to act however they please within the rules of the system. Tone and strictness of the game are agreed upon prior starting to a campaign. A group of adult players can come up with some pretty crazy situations like in OP.
So why say people haven’t really played any tabletop rpg if it’s not crazier by design than your own imagination?
It’s like imagining Bowser and Peach go at it and then say people haven’t really played any Mario games if they would get surprised seeing such a scenario.

Just keep it real. It’s comedy but it’s still crazy. And Larian is doing mastermind PR work by choosing these two characters here. Clever.

Guilty_AI

So why say people haven’t really played any tabletop rpg if it’s not crazier by design than your own imagination?
The fact you can let your imagination go wild is what makes Tabletop RPGs interesting in the first place, it IS by design.

All Larian is doing here is trying to bring that level of absurdity to its video game counterpart. If you have a character that transforms into a bear, and you can romance that character, the next step any chaotic player looking for some shit'n'giggles would ask is naturally "can i fuck him in the bear form?" because thats just the kind of beings players are.

Zathalus

I can assure you that it wasn't the author's intent on any of those things, and it was just how you interpreted it and later tried to backpedal out of that statement.
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know you actually knew more about IT then Stephen King.

It's not as if in interviews he said that it was meant to show the Losers Club growing closer and banding together and showing the transition between childhood and adulthood. Oh wait, he totally did.

Lasha

It’s like imagining Bowser and Peach go at it and then say people haven’t really played any Mario games if they would get surprised seeing such a scenario.

Just keep it real. It’s comedy but it’s still crazy. And Larian is doing mastermind PR work by choosing these two characters here. Clever.

Never heard of fatal? https://1d4chan.org/wiki/FATAL

StueyDuck

Take the broom out of your ass dude.

And look at the bright side, many real life furries are gonna try fucking a real bear with expected results after playing the videogame.
news report: "nobody knew why or how the niche gaming forum resetera decided to enact suicide by bear, but from the latest numbers coming in to us here at the moment, only 5 members remain"

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I mean, there’s a long discussion to be had about why this is cheered on by a certain crowd and other stuff isn’t, but you can’t not see the comedy in this. And the replys in here are so funny, please let’s keep having these threads.

BlackTron

The clip is literally the crowd cheering a scene featuring bestiality, did we watch the same thing?

To be fair, I don't think the crowd reaction was in support specifically of bestiality. It was in support of the game having tonal accuracy with a real DnD experience where any dumb silly shit can happen. If it was being normalized, that would go against it being shocking or crazy enough to be funny. It wasn't just cheering -they laughed their asses off.

anthraticus

Banned
The ugly truth is that the cRPGs weren't dumbed down by wanting to appeal to the widest audience possible but by the "nerds" themselves who didn't want gameplay intruding into their pathetic love life fantasies.

Toots

Gold Member
Some of you guys putting each and every things on the same level sound like they forgot the notion of taboo :/

Drugs and murder are bad but not taboo.
Sex with an animal or a sibling are taboo.

Everyone who acts like they don't understand why this bear sex scene cannot be considered anything other than a joke to any functioning human being is dishonest or completely insane in the membrane.

Anyway here's a story which might be true about bear loving :

A seasoned hunter, who killed almost every type of animal you can legally and most of what you can illegally is sad because he doesn't know what to kill next. One day another hunter friend tells him : "have you heard of the raping bear ?"
"A raping bear ? Are you shitting me ?" he replies. His friend goes on : "No dude don't you know the raping bear stories ? Somewhere in Montana, near the Canadian border there's tales of a grizzly bear of enormous proportions, who many tried to hunt, but no one managed to kill, it became something of a legend. You can go an ask about it at this local town, they will tell you all about it".

The seasoned hunter is doubtful, but it is an opportunity to find something else to hunt, and a mythical creature at that. Finally he decides to go there and see for himself.

He arrives at the place and starts asking locals. They all give him the same answer : "The bear exists, you can find him, at your own risk, somewhere in the woods near the town, and he's not called the raping bear for nothing."
The hunter with all this info, starts tracking the beast. He soon finds trails of what seems to be a gigantic bear, and after having found the perfect ambush spot, lay himself on the grass waiting.
Suddenly he hears the bush moving behind him ! He has no time to do anything before something grips him and throw him around, then immobilize him and starts to rip his hunter jeans apart. He turns his head just enough to see a monstrous (in size) bear, with a full erection, who starts raping him. The bear then leaves, and the hunter manage to get back to the village, where the townspeople nurse him back to health. The hunter decides to go back there and kill the beast so that non one has to suffer the ordeal he went through. The villagers tell him its no use, the bear is too clever he'll only get raped again, but he doesn't listen. He prepares better for his second hunting trip, brings calling whistles and bait, check thoroughly his surroundings and lay down in wait. A few minutes go by, then he hears noise behind him. Again he has no time to react and find himself at the mercy of the bear who rapes him again, before leaving him on the spot. The hunter goes back to the village, and is again nursed back to health, and vows to go back there and kill the damn thing.
No matter what the villagers say he does not want to leave it be, and goes back once again, finds a spot with his back against some rock so he cannot be surprised, and wait, all his senses on alert. After half an hour, there's movement above his head, he once more has no time to react and the raping bear rapes him once more.
Back at the village, the hunter is on the verge of a nervous breakdown but he cannot let go and again vows on his life he'll get his revenge. He sets out again, finds another spot, and lay down in wait. He soon hears the familiar ruffling of bushes, and the bear appears, but instead of manhandling him, the bear open his mouth and says "Are you sure you're here to hunt ?".

The END​

Banned
Some of you guys putting each and every things on the same level sound like they forgot the notion of taboo :/

Everyone who acts like they don't understand why this bear sex scene cannot be considered anything other than a joke to any functioning human being is dishonest or completely insane in the membrane.

A seasoned hunter, who killed almost every type of animal you can legally and most of what you can illegally is sad because he doesn't know what to kill next. One day another hunter friend tells him : "have you heard of the raping bear ?"
"A raping bear ? Are you shitting me ?" he replies. His friend goes on : "No dude don't you know the raping bear stories ? Somewhere in Montana, near the Canadian border there's tales of a grizzly bear of enormous proportions, who many tried to hunt, but no one managed to kill, it became something of a legend. You can go an ask about it at this local town, they will tell you all about it".

The seasoned hunter is doubtful, but it is an opportunity to find something else to hunt, and a mythical creature at that. Finally he decides to go there and see for himself.

He arrives at the place and starts asking locals. They all give him the same answer : "The bear exists, you can find him, at your own risk, somewhere in the woods near the town, and he's not called the raping bear for nothing."
The hunter with all this info, starts tracking the beast. He soon finds trails of what seems to be a gigantic bear, and after having found the perfect ambush spot, lay himself on the grass waiting.
Suddenly he hears the bush moving behind him ! He has no time to do anything before something grips him and throw him around, then immobilize him and starts to rip his hunter jeans apart. He turns his head just enough to see a monstrous (in size) bear, with a full erection, who starts raping him. The bear then leaves, and the hunter manage to get back to the village, where the townspeople nurse him back to health. The hunter decides to go back there and kill the beast so that non one has to suffer the ordeal he went through. The villagers tell him its no use, the bear is too clever he'll only get raped again, but he doesn't listen. He prepares better for his second hunting trip, brings calling whistles and bait, check thoroughly his surroundings and lay down in wait. A few minutes go by, then he hears noise behind him. Again he has no time to react and find himself at the mercy of the bear who rapes him again, before leaving him on the spot. The hunter goes back to the village, and is again nursed back to health, and vows to go back there and kill the damn thing.
No matter what the villagers say he does not want to leave it be, and goes back once again, finds a spot with his back against some rock so he cannot be surprised, and wait, all his senses on alert. After half an hour, there's movement above his head, he once more has no time to react and the raping bear rapes him once more.
Back at the village, the hunter is on the verge of a nervous breakdown but he cannot let go and again vows on his life he'll get his revenge. He sets out again, finds another spot, and lay down in wait. He soon hears the familiar ruffling of bushes, and the bear appears, but instead of manhandling him, the bear open his mouth and says "Are you sure you're here to hunt ?".

The END​

😭🤣

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

The END​
Did he marry the bear afterwards?

Top Bottom