• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Community goes crazy after studio reveals Bear Romance Scene

Liljagare

Lol, hilarious.

It's like nudity in movies, a naked tittie is only okay to show if it is flying off a exploding body. :p

Nevermind you are murdering hundreds of people/creatures in the game, that is perfectly fine! So the wankers that complain think MURDER is ok to normalize, according to their way of thinking?!

- Murder, a'ok.
- Dismemberment, a'ok.
- Assassination, a'ok.
- Genocide, a'ok.

But damn nabbit, possible bestiality (writing possibly since it is two druids having fun) is where we need to draw the line. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fruitloops.

When I was a kid video games where about fun, now they're about who's dick goes into who's hole.
I remember playing Leisure Suit Larry games back in the 80s. There's always been video games about/involve sex, the difference is back then it was still about fun, now it's mostly about virtual signaling and moral soapboxes to shame people from wrongthink.

Reactions: Fuz

EruditeHobo

I wish this was true, maybe then we would have fewer people taking up parking space.

i feel sorry for people like you that see this as a simple joke

If you find depictions of extreme violence in videogames funny, that's on you. There's a lot of people who don't.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Romance storylines were a major part of BG2.
D&D/Modern RPGs in general.

This is literally a joke/memeworthy cutscene that the players had voted they want to see and is literally a scene that you will only see if you ACTIVELY search for it. Don't like it? You won't see it, simple as that.

Seriously, Larian made an in-joke meme in their game and idiots on twitter are acting as if they are making a bear-fucking simulator.

That's the last meme I'll post. But again, think back to the countless articles and internet "discussions" about how "sexy scantily objectified women" are things that need to go away despite being Fictional.

I guarantee you turn the clock back 100 years, the same people who are all about "stop objectifying women and erase the male gaze" would be the same people who were pushing the temperance movement to ban alcohol. The world is full of people who are miserable and who hate the fact that other people are having fun.

Nickolaidas

This weird obsession with ‘degeneracy’ is bizarre… pretty sure before ‘woke’ times, nerds playing Baldurs Gate would laugh at this for the joke it is.
It's true that after having dozens of IPs ruined by wokeness and the discussions that erupted because of that, has made BOTH camps equally paranoid and pitchfork-ready at every thing they see and do not agree, context be damned.

Meicyn

Gold Member
What's wrong, man? Lighten up a little. DON'T TAKE EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY.
You should check out Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward. Shiva, an elf maiden fell in love with Hraesvelgr, a dragon. They of course, fucked. Then she got vored. This is all canon.

It’s free to play!

K2D

Banned
It's funny that, given that the other character is a vampire, you all seem to be just fine with the necrophilia.

It's around 5.32.
You must be dense. You know what the issue with the following are..?: sleep rape, beastiality, pedophilia and necrophilia..?

Consent.

If you're fucking a vampire, I venture it's with consent and therefore the sole business of the individuals involved.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

did you just assume what a person can and cannot identify as and it not be real? its 2023 haven't you read twitter? I myself have been identifying as Optimus Prime for some time, my pronoun's are Autobots/rollout.
Optimus prime is from Cybertron, do you think an earthling like yourself can just go around appropriating other's species cultures?

Too late?
season 7 love GIF by NRK P3

You...
You guys know beauty fucked beast right. Oh they say it was in his human form but we all know where the term beast mode comes from.

Fools idol

Banned
It's. A. Fucking. Videogame.

Also, a consentful sex encounter between an adult human and an adult druid ... why are we talking about necrophillia and fucking pedos, you guys are out of your minds.

I played D&D a ton in the 80s and 90s, quite often you would have some DM who trolled the group with sexual encounters with all sorts of monsters and shit, its fucking DND. They were pretty clear it was meant to be funny.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

What's wrong, man? Lighten up a little. DON'T TAKE EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY.

Oh, those were just copy pastes of hypocrites who got upset about a joke sex scene in a video game.

But me, I don't get upset about violence in video games. Because I don't get upset about sex in video games. Because you see I'm not a hypocrite.

Try it. You may like it!

Last edited:

BlackTron

If you actually watch it, it's hard to be that offended. The dumbfounded squirrel is supposed to represent the audience. Not like it was very long, or graphic or anything. More like acknowledging all the crazy silly scenarios that happen in RPGs like DnD -when you give enough agency to the player to make their own story. The actual live audience was dying.

Kinda dumb that we can have bears but not women in games though. I know the way to sidestep "bestiality is bad" is having a character *transform* into a bear. So uh...what if they just *transformed* into a hot woman? Would they not be objectified anymore? Good enough for our moral fear of sinning against the animal kingdom, but no excuse on earth will make it OK to draw an attractive woman using raster-based image processing.

Mozzarella

Am i the only one who saw the video and went like "alright" and then moved on?
I see a lot of discussions around this on the internet and strangely i have not felt even 0.5% urge to discuss it in any shape, i guess i just dont care about it, not negative not positive, its just well whatever another option i can do, neat.
Its strange to see so much discussion coming from this, well maybe i missed something.

Gorgon

Woke and anti-woke people proving more and more that they're two sides of the same coin. Both puritanical for differing reasons, both love to act as moral gatekeepers - and both are wildly annoying.

Sanest post in the thread.

You must be dense. You know what the issue with the following are..?: sleep rape, beastiality, pedophilia and necrophilia..?

Consent.

If you're fucking a vampire, I venture it's with consent and therefore the sole business of the individuals involved.

You do realise that the "bear" in the scene we're discussing is actually a shapeshifter druid and that he's having consensual sex with the vampire, right? In other words, it's "the sole business of the individuals involved". Or did you miss that part?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: K2D

Guilty_AI

If you actually watch it, it's hard to be that offended. The dumbfounded squirrel is supposed to represent the audience. Not like it was very long, or graphic or anything. More like acknowledging all the crazy silly scenarios that happen in RPGs like DnD -when you give enough agency to the player to make their own story. The actual live audience was dying.

Kinda dumb that we can have bears but not women in games though. I know the way to sidestep "bestiality is bad" is having a character *transform* into a bear. So uh...what if they just *transformed* into a hot woman? Would they not be objectified anymore? Good enough for our moral fear of sinning against the animal kingdom, but no excuse on earth will make it OK to draw an attractive woman using raster-based image processing.
thankfully we'll be able to bang hot women here too

...or have the bear bang a hot woman if you must.

BlackTron

thankfully we'll be able to bang hot women here too

...or have the bear bang a hot woman if you must.
If the squirrel made a different reaction for each matchup, maybe.

Edit: This could be its own minigame, a million dollar steam game idea but I think I'll let someone else use it

Last edited:

Madflavor

Fucking a Druid in Bear form is the most DnD thing I've seen from this game. Anybody who actually plays the tabletop has likely seen equally or more ridiculous shit than that.

I just had a session two months ago where our Wizard shoved the Staff of the Woodlands up the villain's ass and used the item feature to expand it into a tree.
main-qimg-6c1cfdb9a6236fd86c2e3476a5847a40-pjlq

Buggy Loop

Fucking a Druid in Bear form is the most DnD thing I've seen from this game. Anybody who actually plays the tabletop has likely seen equally or more ridiculous shit than that.

I just had a session two months ago where our Wizard shoved the Staff of the Woodlands up the villain's ass and used the item feature to expand it into a tree.

Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

200 IQ move

Did he yell out, "Happy Arbor Day," like an 80's action movie badass right before he triggered the staff though? We need to know this.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
That's pretty funny. I haven't played since early beta, but I could tell the writers were going to have a lot of fun with that character.

Madflavor

Did he yell out, "Happy Arbor Day," like an 80's action movie badass right before he triggered the staff though? We need to know this.

Don't remember what he said, we were too busy laughing at what was being described. We beat down the big bad while he was attacking Waterdeep. Wizard finished him off by showing the Staff up his ass, planting the other end of the staff at a 45 degree angle, and launched him like Goku's Power Pole. By the time he reached 60 feet into the air the staff spread out inside him like an umbrella and flung blood, guts and god knows what onto the rooftops and good people of Waterdeep. Valiant heroes we were.

Last edited:

Toons

Am i the only one who saw the video and went like "alright" and then moved on?
I see a lot of discussions around this on the internet and strangely i have not felt even 0.5% urge to discuss it in any shape, i guess i just dont care about it, not negative not positive, its just well whatever another option i can do, neat.
Its strange to see so much discussion coming from this, well maybe i missed something.

You haven't succumbed to the brain rot of modern culture wars ok the internet. Cherish that trait; and realize its gonna be a while before this trend dies down and people don't take every film, comic, or game released to be some statement on society as a whole. Its incredibly grating seeing rhe same cycle over and over again tbh

Fools idol

Banned
I refuse to believe anyone is actually gonna be offended by this.
hardly anyone will even see it play out. The chances of someone finding this by mistake are low, given the audience of people into gay bear druid sex in the literal sense are probably miniscule so unless you know it exists and deliberately seek it out knowing it will offend you... yeh

Fredrik

Anybody who actually plays the tabletop has likely seen equally or more ridiculous shit than that.

Isn’t that just what’s inside your friend’s head? Or was there some script to follow with choices to do that ?

I tried some roleplaying game in my youth, no idea what it was, something popular in the 90s, but I got the idea that the scenarios were all created on the fly by the game master who just imagined new hurdles out of nowhere. Like if I said I would open a door then he could say that the door break loose and fall on me and I have to throw dices to not get hurt. And there was no sex of any kind. Was dnd for kids maybe idk

Lasha

Isn’t that just what’s inside your friend’s head? Or was there some script to follow with choices to do that ?

I tried some roleplaying game in my youth, no idea what it was, something popular in the 90s, but I got the idea that the scenarios were all created on the fly by the game master who just imagined new hurdles out of nowhere. Like if I said I would open a door then he could say that the door break loose and fall on me and I have to throw dices to not get hurt. And there was no sex of any kind. Was dnd for kids maybe idk

The GM/DM acts as a facilitator and arbitrator. Their role is to fill in the gaps as players explore the world. A good GM prepares encounters and plans out scenarios which progress based on player action. Players are free to act however they please within the rules of the system. Tone and strictness of the game are agreed upon prior starting to a campaign. A group of adult players can come up with some pretty crazy situations like in OP.

Top Bottom