• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Vire

zlatko

Banned
Holy SHIT! Can anyone please make me an avatar out of that Riddler picture? I am in fucking LOVE with that picture.

eAMNC.jpg

Salsa

that's how i post youtube videos in OTs! winkwink

love it, great job Vire, cant waaaaaaaat and fuck that PC delay

Vire

zlatko said:
Holy SHIT! Can anyone please make me an avatar out of that Riddler picture? I am in fucking LOVE with that picture.
kRBk3.jpg

SalsaShark said:
that's how i post youtube videos in OTs! winkwink

love it, great job Vire, cant waaaaaaaat and fuck that PC delay
Hehe, it was a good idea!

NEW INFO REVEALED (PLAY3-GERMAN MAG 92% )

Game Facts.
- There are four big boss battles (Freeze included). They are all very challenging and require a cunning strategy.
- Solomon Grundy is the largest “monster” in the game.
- There are over 100 challenges (Combat, Predator and Custom). Custom allows you to restrict access to gadgets.

The Riddler.
- Scanning objects to complete Riddler challenges are back. Just like Arkham Asylum Riddler will announce a riddle based on the object and you have to spot it, and scan it.
- At the end of each Riddler hostage mission you are forced to solve a riddle to gain access to the captured hostage. For example (and actually taken from the first hostage mission):“If you know me, you’ll want me to share me but if you share me, I’ll be gone. What am I?”

Side Mission News (Spoilers).
- Deadshot. Deadshot’s side mission involves you having to track his position using your detective vision. After finding him you have to get close and personal by sneaking up on him, if he sees you he takes a shot.
- Bane. Bane has you hunting down Titan crates scattered around the city. After finally destroying all the crates you face a finale; Bane fights with you side by side in a “huge brawl” against TYGER mercenaries.
- Zsasz. Victor has hacked into the phone system of the city and it’s your job to answer and find these phones within a time limit. After picking up the phone your rewarded with a sick and twisted story, provided by the man himself. After finding all the phone booths you are brought to his secret hideout.
- Gliding Missions. The game tests your gliding skills by having you fly through rings around the city, the catch? You can’t touch the ground. According to Play3 there are 8 of these missions.
- Short Side Missions. These “short side missions” involve finding and rescuing political prisoners spread around Arkham City. And that’s not all, these prisoners are targeted by inmates and it’s only a matter of time before they get there before you. The result? Dead political prisoners! Use of your map is restricted in these missions.

Other Side Mission Info (Spoilers).
- One mission has you saving Nora Fries.
- There’s a mission that involve you helping Police to save a hideout.
- You can improve your “Freeze granades” by finding upgrades.
- A “mysterious watcher” lurks within Arkham City. It’s your job to find him/her.
- An unknown criminal calls him self “Bruce Wayne”.
- According to Play3 side missions go from very short and east to very long and challenging.
- The last side mission is apparently the most impressive, although they weren’t allowed to go in detail they - did mention it involves a “hat” and is “really really bizarre.”
Huge thanks to our user iLLestCrown for all this awesome information!

source: http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5863

The amount of pre order bonuses is embarrassing, days of unlocking skins by doing special tasks in game are numbered and it's a damn shame. I see they are timed and will be available for download, but I'm guessing with a price tag.

zlatko

Banned
upJTboogie said:
The amount of pre order bonuses is embarrassing, days of unlocking skins by doing special tasks in game are numbered and it's a damn shame. I see they are timed and will be available for download, but I'm guessing with a price tag.

The scary thing about this trend is it starts with skins, and developers will keep pushing to see what else they can fuck you out of. Modes, story quests, bosses, weapons, etc. Slippery slope, etc, but skins is something I'll always be fine with... once it starts becoming important content is when I'll have to start writing certain developers off.

Bluth54

When was the PC version announced for November 8th? I know it was pushed back to November but I never saw them give a solid date for it.

watership

Vire said:
Sorry about being a week early, I totally spaced on that. I guess my excitement got the better of me.
Did you talk to a Mod to make sure it's okay? They might want you to put it in the drawer for a few days.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The perfect Dark said:
-more info-
HNNNNNNNNNNG-
So many challenges... I will be playing this game forever.

The perfect Dark said:
- The last side mission is apparently the most impressive, although they weren’t allowed to go in detail they - did mention it involves a “hat” and is “really really bizarre.”
They have to be talking about the Mad Hatter. I hope it's as good or even better than the Scarecrow missions.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
effzee said:
I never played the first one...should I play that first or just sink my teeth into this one?

Play the first one, aside from a few story ties it is an utterly fantastic game. Not too long to dig through in 2 weeks either.

effzee

Shig said:
Walmart's also bundling in the Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition with their copies.

PS3

Great deal if you don't already have the first game (or were looking to rebuy it, in my case).

Wait am I reading that correctly? That bundle has both games for 59.99?

Darklord

Banned
This pisses me off so much it got delayed on PC. Fuuuuuuuuck! I probably won't get to play it until late November now. :(

jackdoe

Darklord said:
This pisses me off so much it got delayed on PC. Fuuuuuuuuck! I probably won't get to play it until late November now. :(
If it's Nov. 8th, I can squeeze it in between Uncharted 3 and Legend of Zelda.

watership

Darklord said:
It's probably best to expect PC games to ship weeks or months later these days. That or suffer bugs and unplayability like Dead Island and Rage. Nature of the beasts.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The perfect Dark said:
NEW INFO REVEALED (PLAY3-GERMAN MAG 92% )
- An unknown criminal calls him self “Bruce Wayne”.

Hush
confirmed!

Cheska

Oh snap! How can us Stateside folks order that steel book edition from Australia?

Also, what edition is everyone ordering for this?

BFIB

Pumped for this!

Just preordered on Amazon, $10 bonus credit, plus the $1 release date delivery.

Went w/ the 360 version, had PS3 version for Arkham Asylum.

For those who read the comic, is it worth picking up?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kinda bummed about the PC delay since now would be the best time to play this...not in November when like 12826 other games are coming out. Oh well, this is gonna be good.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Great work on the OP mate, how I wish this wasn't pushed back for pc. Though my wallet needs time to recuperate...

I had absolutely no interest in this a few days ago. I had to cancel my Rage preorder and dump the cash into an AC preorder. Saw this OT and knew I made the right choice. Jesus, everything about this game gives me a huge ass boner. Can't fuckin' wait!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Snuggler said:
Kinda bummed about the PC delay since now would be the best time to play this...not in November when like 12826 other games are coming out. Oh well, this is gonna be good.
I'm just trying to see if I can afford it anymore. Been unemployed for over a month and gaming budget is 0. May not get games at all this fall and I already wanted Rage, never been this broke.

Top Bottom