• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

sdornan

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
I had absolutely no interest in this a few days ago. I had to cancel my Rage preorder and dump the cash into an AC preorder. Saw this OT and knew I made the right choice. Jesus, everything about this game gives me a huge ass boner. Can't fuckin' wait!

Rage vs. Arkham City is an easy decision.

Ceebs

LiquidMetal14 said:
I'm just trying to see if I can afford it anymore. Been unemployed for over a month and gaming budget is 0. May not get games at all this fall and I already wanted Rage, never been this broke.
On the bright side, when you do get some income flowing again you pick up where you left off and pay bargain bin prices. Staying a few months behind will keep your wallet happy and you can avoid the all hype games that did not pan out you might have paid full price for.

watership

Darklord said:
This pisses me off so much it got delayed on PC. Fuuuuuuuuck! I probably won't get to play it until late November now. :(
It's probably best to expect PC games to ship weeks or months later these days. That or suffer bugs and unplayability like Dead Island and Rage. Nature of the beasts.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ceebs said:
On the bright side, when you do get some income flowing again you pick up where you left off and pay bargain bin prices. Staying a few months behind will keep your wallet happy and you can avoid the all hype games that did not pan out you might have paid full price for.
Absolutely BUT I can't get anything at this rate lol fml

I mean I want to buy 1 or 2 games and that is not happening as of now.

Taking Two-Face, so let me know if anyone else has already been using it.

Has that PC release been confirmed any where? Thought they said the same on the bombcast, but haven't seen any source.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LiquidMetal14 said:
I'm just trying to see if I can afford it anymore. Been unemployed for over a month and gaming budget is 0. May not get games at all this fall and I already wanted Rage, never been this broke.

Aw man, that sucks. Well you better rob a 7/11 or something when Uncharted 3 comes out.

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
Taking Two-Face, so let me know if anyone else has already been using it.

Has that PC release been confirmed any where? Thought they said the same on the bombcast, but haven't seen any source.

I think the PC ver is delayed to November

Robin is going to be pay DLC at some point, right? I have Amazon credit to use so I went with them (the $10 credit you get it is nice, too.)

BFIB

LiquidMetal14 said:

Money has been a little tight for me this year too. I ended up trading in a bunch of old PS2/PSP games to Amazon and got a really great price. Might be a decent alternative, if you're OK w/ trading stuff.

BotoxAgent said:
I think the PC ver is delayed to November

Right. All I've actually seen come from Rocksteady was "a couple weeks". So I was wondering if that Nov. 8th release has actually been confirmed, or if people are just guessing.

Mr.Green

I'm torn. 360 or PC?

I was set on PC before the delay but now I'm wondering if it's worth the wait. I'll play this game with a 360 controller anyway. The only reason I'd get it on PC is to get moar pixels and 60+ fps but considering the state in which most PC ports ship this is far from a guarantee.

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
Right. All I've actually seen come from Rocksteady was "a couple weeks". So I was wondering if that Nov. 8th release has actually been confirmed, or if people are just guessing.

Novoember 8th is the US date, but a release date for everyone else is still pending I believe.

JonCha

Pre-order skins are very nice. This month is between Dark Souls, Forza and this for me. If the demo is good then this will be the game I get. Is there a demo coming?

Mr.Green said:
I'm torn. 360 or PC?

I was set on PC before the delay but now I'm wondering if it's worth the wait. I'll play this game with a 360 controller anyway. The only reason I'd get it on PC is to get moar pixels and 60+ fps but considering the state in which most PC ports ship this is far from a guarantee.

Based on the previous game the PC version was definitely the best considering graphics quality and resolution, it even has Physix support. If you don't mind waiting for a few weeks get the PC version, otherwise get the 360 version. I'm pretty sure that, either way, it's going to be a really good game.

Fixed1979

Really dig the OP!

There's lots of good games coming out over the remainder of the year, but this is the one I'm looking forward to the most. Shame we have another month to wait for the PC version but 3dVision and Physix will make it a worthwhile wait. Asylum is by far my favorite 3dV game if they can keep it in the same ballpark it will be glorious.

BFIB

I wonder if Rocksteady will have any hints at the next game?

The hidden room in Arkham Asylum was an awesome find.

Joei

Preordered this bad boy yesterday when I went to pick up Dark Souls. So looking forward to it, I just hope I have time to play.

Vire said:

I wouldn't bother changing it. Seems like a pretty safe bet, I was just curious if there has been official word from them yet. At the most I'd maybe just put a question mark by the Nov. 8th and 10th dates. Any way. Awesome job. Can't wait.

Apparently the Earth One skin is now an Amazon pre-order bonus in the UK.

earthonedlc.png

Jb

nemss said:
I wonder if Rocksteady will have any hints at the next game?

The hidden room in Arkham Asylum was an awesome find.
Was is actually ever "found"? I seem to remember the devs themselves unveiled it because nobody had noticed it.

Jay-B said:
Was is actually ever "found"? I seem to remember the devs themselves unveiled it because nobody had noticed it.
It was found. I remember the devs being shocked that someone found it because you had to do something completely random like use the explosive jel in a random corner of a room 3 times to get into it(could be wrong but that's what I remember).

Vire

Lord_Byron28 said:
It was found. I remember the devs being shocked that someone found it because you had to do something completely random like use the explosive jel in a random corner of a room 3 times to get into it(could be wrong but that's what I remember).
Added it in the OP.

Sn4ke_911 said:
I meant click on them to get the secret audio tapes.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Vire said:
Added it in the OP.

I meant click on them to get the secret audio tapes.

Well i click on them and nothing happens.

It's because i use Greasemonkey, i can see the audiotapes below :p

snoopeasystreet said:
Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places and Delayed for Master Races :(

Nice one!

Doomrider

Lord_Byron28 said:

It was found because Rocksteady mentioned it in a podcast, considering no one found out about it 6 months after the release of the game. Then the PC crowd started using noclip mode and eventually found the place. There were some clues given, if I recall correctly.

Fjordson

This game looks so good. AA was one of my favourite games of '09 so I'm hoping this to follow suit.

My only worry is that they won't use the open world enough. I've heard press talking about how a lot of the levels are instanced off of the main city and are basically like Arkham Asylum levels at that point, which is fine, I'm just hoping they still have plenty of stuff to do outside.

I'm sure it'll be fine, though. Will be there on the 18th.

Luigi87

Will return to the thread in a week (or more likely after the game is out and I've played it), but still, nice OP (though I had to skim some details, due to being on a general media blackout).

So hyped for this. Arkham Asylum was my GotY 2009.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fjordson said:
This game looks so good. AA was one of my favourite games of '09 so I'm hoping this to follow suit.

My only worry is that they won't use the open world enough. I've heard press talking about how a lot of the levels are instanced off of the main city and are basically like Arkham Asylum levels at that point, which is fine, I'm just hoping they still have plenty of stuff to do outside.

I'm sure it'll be fine, though. Will be there on the 18th.

Interesting interview with Dax Ginn.

Arkham City is not a sandbox game, so what is it?

IG: Is Arkham City open-world in the same sense as a Grand Theft Auto or Saint’s Row in that you’ll run into random missions as you’re wandering around?

DG: Yeah, but none of those elements feel random or frivolous. The reason we’re not calling this a ‘sandbox game’ is that we haven’t filled it up with stuff that just wastes your time; everything you can do as a side-mission is something that Batman would genuinely do.

At no point is there anyone standing on a street corner saying “Help me Batman, someone just stole my purse,” because the whole thing is set within a prison so everyone in there is a bad guy except for the medical officers there to treat the inmates. By the same token there’s no frivolous collection stuff, you’ll never be asked to go and collect 50 flowers or whatever because Batman wouldn’t do that while Gotham is burning in the background.

We’ve been really disciplined in our approach to make sure everything you do makes you feel like Batman. If you do encounter a side-mission it’s going to be entirely character driven. For example, you might team up with
Bane
to destroy titan crates or track down
Zsasz
by triangulating his position.

equap

Banned
so i have to decide between PS3 or Steam :(

steam is cheaper though. but PS3, i get to play on my 50" plasma vs. 24lcd.

HARDEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!

Salsa

Skilletor said:
Bruce says Tim will be a better detective than he (Bruce) is.

to make him feel better

equap said:
so i have to decide between PS3 or Steam :(

steam is cheaper though. but PS3, i get to play on my 50" plasma vs. 24lcd.

HARDEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!

connect PC to plasma = profit

dreamfall

Seriously, want this game more than anything- it's a strange sense of excitement I haven't felt for a game in years (usually for upcoming Rockstar stuff) but I can not wait! First was so satisfying, this looks to improve on it completely!

Top Bottom