• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

GhaleonEB

I'm definately snagging this, but probably not until a ways into 2012. I know I won't have time to savor it once CEA and Skyrim land.

It's looking like early summer next year I'll have a wide space without any titles at the moment, so I'll pick it up then. Arkham Asylum played the same role for me last year.

Fantastic OP, BTW.

Skilletor

SalsaShark said:
to make him feel better

Batman would never say it TO Tim. He'd tell him he should have been faster and that he missed that hair follicle.

Tim is a detective. It's how he discovered Batman's secret identity.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
SalsaShark said:
Robin with detective vision?

pft, Robin aint a detective son.

Robin's vision is called “explosive vision” which allows the boy wonder to see explosive items that might be hidden throughout the landscape of the various challenge maps. Most of these challenges require completing a set task in a pre-determined amount of time, so being able to identify any hindrances from the outset is a serious advantage.

Catwoman's vision is called “thief vision” and will allow your feline compatriot to identify items in the game world that can be stolen. Pretty typical for the character, but yet to be fully detailed in any of the game’s trailers shown thus far.

Even though I got PC Arkham City for $33 (thanks GreenManGaming), I am so, so pissed that I have to wait 2 weeks longer to play it vs the console versions. That's utter shit.

Despite that, since I'm 100% sure this will be better than Arkham Asylum, my mind will blown so hard. :)

snoopeasystreet said:
Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places and Delayed for Master Races :(

Please mods, change title to this.

Luthos

So pumped. But I'm still trying to figure out where to pre-order.

Should I care about extra skins or playing as Robin, or do I just go Amazon for convenience and $10 credit?

hlhbk

Nice! Finally an OP! The wait has been killer for this game as I am a HUGE Batman fan. What's going to be the worst part is that I am renting the console version and getting the IMO best version in the PC, but dont' be able to play the game on launch day :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
hlhbk said:
Nice! Finally an OP! The wait has been killer for this game as I am a HUGE Batman fan. What's going to be the worst part is that I am renting the console version and getting the IMO best version in the PC, but dont' be able to play the game on launch day :(

I'm tempted to rent the PS3 version, but I'll try to hold out so I can experience this game in the best way possible. I should probably take about two weeks off from work in November, though, too many games and not enough time.

Melchiah

Vire said:
u49Bc.png

mNyBC.jpg

LxQse.jpg

n5IEW.png

kxdvc.jpg

Ts1uy.jpg

Any chance of getting these in wallpaper size? =)

Salsa

Skilletor said:
Batman would never say it TO Tim. He'd tell him he should have been faster and that he missed that hair follicle.

Tim is a detective. It's how he discovered Batman's secret identity.

im being silly, i actually know what happened :p

its also called "explosion vision"

edit: beaten!

Mordeccai

Holy shit, DLC I can actually get behind. I'd much rather this stuff be unlockable, but I'll be damned if the Batskins aren't some of the coolest stuff ever!

If I had any money to begin with, I'd be extremely poor this fall. Fortunately, or unfortunately, however you look at it, I have no cash to blow on many games this fall... this may be one of the few I buy.

hlhbk

Snuggler said:
I'm tempted to rent the PS3 version, but I'll try to hold out so I can experience this game in the best way possible. I should probably take about two weeks off from work in November, though, too many games and not enough time.

Back in June I took one of my two weeks vacation November 14-18 so I have the entire week after Skyrim launches off. Since I also am taking the Friday after Thanksgiving off I will have 11 out of 14 days off dedicated to Batman, Skyrim, and Uncharted 3. I warned my wife well in advance of this as well so we are spending lots of time together now. She is also an Uncharted fan so we will play that together :)

Cheska

Fuuuucckkkk I want that Batman/Catwoman steelbook from Amazon UK so much more than the AUS one. Where the hell can you order from that will deliver to the US!?

Skilletor

SalsaShark said:
im being silly, i actually know what happened :p

its also called "explosion vision"

edit: beaten!

Okay. It's just that Robin gets shat on so much by people stuck in the 80s, I get defensive. :p

Melchiah

Vire said:

Thanks! =)

I managed to find those concept art images by googling just before you replied, but not the other two. While I was searching, I found these as well:

A wallpaper size pic of Batman gliding: http://i.imgur.com/ZZ2Gi.jpg

And concept art:
PW9XD.jpg

spidye

Tom Penny said:
This, UC3 then Skyrim. The greatest trifecta of gaming this generation.
wrong. this, battlefield 3 and then uc3. that's what I call the greatest trifecta of gaming

So what is the total amount of DLC here then? Seven DLC costumes for Batman, Robin Challenge Maps with 2 Alternate Costumes, Catwoman Stages,
Nightwing stages/DLC
, extra Challenge maps for everybody, so much stuff.

Vire

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Wait so is there Co-op in this game?

I remember seeing the Joker/Batman trailer months ago and thinking that was like an announcement.
No Co-op, it's strictly a single player experience besides competing on leaderboards in the Challenge mode.

And thank god for that.

KingK

Tom Penny said:
This, UC3 then Skyrim. The greatest trifecta of gaming this generation.

I gotta say that I agree with this. These 3 games should be absolutely phenomenal. This year is amazing for video games.

Melchiah

Is there any way to get the Dark Knight Returns skin (the "fat" Batman) in Europe, without buying the collector's edition? Preferably a steel book edition if possible, and from a country that doesn't put anything other than English in the covers. I suspect that excludes Germany, France and Italy, which are mentioned in the OP.

Vire said:
No Co-op, it's strictly a single player experience besides competing on leaderboards in the Challenge mode.

And thank god for that.

Would have enjoyed co-op though with my brother though. :(

But I digress, I just finished my preorder through Wal-Mart came out to $30 since I had a gift card. Plus I get $10 e-gift card (wtf is this) and Arkham Asylum. :D

Salsa

Melchiah said:
Is there any way to get the Dark Knight Returns skin (the "fat" Batman) in Europe, without buying the collector's edition? Preferably a steel book edition if possible, and from a country that doesn't put anything other than English in the covers. I suspect that excludes Germany, France and Italy, which are mentioned in the OP.

Probably waiting. They made some strong indications that there will all be bundled in packs or something a bit after release according to many gaming sites.

Melchiah

SalsaShark said:
Probably waiting. They made some strong indications that there will all be bundled in packs or something a bit after release according to many gaming sites.

Good to hear. I'll be buying a regular edition then, and waiting for those to be available.

Kaizer

Banned
I think I'll be waiting on this just a few weeks, I've got too much on my plate with school right now, plus I have Gears 3, Tales of Vesperia, Xenoblade & the Battlefield 3 Beta keeping me busy.

This is definitely gonna make a nice combo with Assassin's Creed Revelations though, only two games I know for sure I'm buying this Fall.

Salsa

Melchiah said:
Good to hear. I'll be buying a regular edition then, and waiting for those to be available.

im also only interested in Miller's Batman. Not only for how awesome he is but also it seems to be the only case where they actually change the model instead of just reskin it?

Melchiah

SalsaShark said:
im also only interested in Miller's Batman. Not only for how awesome he is but also it seems to be the only case where they actually change the model instead of just reskin it?

I'm somewhat interested in the 70's (it reminds me of the comics I read in the 80's) and Beyond versions as well, but "Fatman" is definitely the 1st choice for me. I can imagine how awesome he'll look when he's beating the hell out of Joker. =D

Top Bottom