• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 : Next Gen is here early.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Well my computer sucks so don't judge the graphics :lol...

I just wanted to say that this gun rocks!
screen0014vn.jpg

EDIT: And running it at my LCDs normal resolution makes it look A LOT better.

pestul

Kabuki Waq said:
are there massive dog fights in this game? Looks awesome.
I'm hoping there will be an air superiority map.. if not official, I'm sure someone will mod one hella fast. The air power in the game is very well done.

Its getting redundant to say but this game has to be seen in motion to really appreciate it. The screen caps do look pretty booty in comparison to its peers, doesn't do it justice at all. There's some rough spots but as a total package its pretty incredible. The little details are the best. Flying over the ocean while you're hanging out of the side of a Black Hawk and the desert sun perfectly glints off the water and the huge ass machine gun you're manning, while shadows are casted accurately in real time as the chopper makes its turn. Or landing in a hot zone with a heli and you notice the palm trees start whipping around as you make your descent. Artillery fire sending debris and smoke everywhere while the nifty shell shock post processing effects kick in. Just all sorts of cool crap. I run it at 1280x1024 with 2xAA and 4xAF and it gives HL2, Far Cry and Doom more than a run for its money when you consider the draw distance and the fact that you have 63 other knuckleheads running around during the chaos.

Top Bottom