• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayonetta thread with no gifs? Not on my watch :)

ibzlxqSoMOczhm.gif

AdanVC

This game is a celebration for people who love games, but it's also a somber reminder how disappointing the industry can be:

1) Perhaps the best Metacriticaly acclaimed game this year that may not sell well. :(

2) Exclusive to the worst selling console that arguably has the best exclusive library so far among current consoles.

3) A definite GOTY contender that probably won't be even recognized by mainstream game awards like Spike's VGA, etc.

4) A game that "almost" didn't happen!

I'm excited for the game and it'll most likely be my GOTY...but it's a major bummer that we may never get a Bayonetta 3. :(

So better enjoy this one!

Now I kinda want to buy 5 copies of this game just to support it :( Ughh damn it, I just really hope it sells well. Nintendo and PG desserve it. PG especially.

Bad7667

Not to put words in his mouth but I think he meant that no publishers wanted Bayo 2. At least that's what I hope he meant.

I would buy it day 1 but unfortunately I'm still hooked on Smash and have a 2nd playthrough of Xenoblade to finish.

Maybe during black friday.

Mortemis

Banned
Not to put words in his mouth but I think he meant that no publishers wanted Bayo 2. At least that's what I hope he meant.

Zero interest part made me think it was a shit post but yeah reading that again you're probably right. Jumped the gun too quick. :(

McDougles

I reviewed Bayonetta 2 for GameSided. 9.5/10.

GameSided said:
Bayonetta 2 is what character action games should strive to be. Its excellent combat system drives home an intensly-intricate story that builds a universe completely discernable as its own. Platinum Games did an excellent job continuing the story from the original Bayonetta without losing a beat, transferring that pure essence of heart to the sequel 5 years later. With a deep soundtrack and marvelous settings, the art style makes up for minor shortcomings on technical and purely-graphical limitations of the Wii U. The added feature of the original game included in the retail package is just the cherry on the top. Bayonetta is back, and she's much, much more than just a pretty face.

I'm starting to worry that the current market energy for the WiiU is "c'mon, you know we keep slowly making stuff you want. Buy in and maybe not regret it later!"

We saw that with a MK8--by all accounts a solid game with great reviews--sales bump and then back to mediocrity. I fear this is round 2 and 3 will be Smash next month. Hopefully that leads to some energy during the holidays. Nintendo could use a break.

Reviews: Thank god! What looks like a game that can legitimately save us from the tedium of TLOU winning GOTY twice in a row!

Gamespot: "The Bad: The sad realisation[sic] that future action games may never top this "

JoeM86

My friend's review:

Nintendo Insider - 10
Bigger, badder and exquisitely better, Bayonetta 2 knocks its predecessor off its enviable perch to become perhaps the greatest action game of all time. From the word go, it will send your adrenaline into overdrive as you venture on a quest that will take you to the very depths of Hell and back. The plethora of unlockables promise to keep you coming back for more in new and refreshing ways, while Tag Climax suitably extends the experience beyond a purely solo offering in a richly rewarding way. Bayonetta 2 is game of the year material without a doubt, and a worthy purchase for any action fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom