• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl@de

BAYONETTA 2'S BLATANT OVER-SEXUALIZATION PUTS A BIG DENT IN AN OTHERWISE GREAT GAME

RRnhhqW.gif

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
Gamespot really gave it a 10?

Are we sure they actually know this is a game exclusive to Nintendo?

Either way, I probably should complain, it deserves it.

JeffGrubb

Hey, so, my thoughts.

First, here's my review.

I love me some character-action games, and I recognize Bayonetta as one of the best and deepest in that genre. But I'm also sort of over this kind of game. We've been playing these types of things for a while now, and I don't think Bayonetta 2 does too much to totally rejuvenate this style.

But that's about the worst thing I can say about it. I loved my time with it, and I think that Bayonetta is just the coolest fucking person in a video game, movie, book, or comic right now.

Corgi

Banned
Seems like gies loves the gameplay but hates the sexiness.

so the actual game is pretty good according to him, so thats good (only bananas really care about scores).

Banned
Gamespot, Joystiq and Edge giving it perfect scores. IGN with a 9.5? Damn. I'm so happy for Platinum!

LiK

The negative from Gamespot:

"The sad realisation that future action games may never top this"

Hahaha, I like this writer.

Corgi

Banned
I may have misread something but literally the only two criticisms I saw were the over-sexualizing of Bayonetta and a contradiction between reviving teammates and scoring points in co-op. Those are worth 2.5 points?

iJVndMvK1krPY.gif

seems about right. scores don't mean shit to reviewers, readers shouldn't care either.

damn it... still need to beat W101 :(

wow I thought th Gamespot Nintendo 8 streak was less likely to be broken than The Undertakers's Wrestlemanis streak. What a great day.

Tapejara

Seems like gies loves the gameplay but hates the sexiness.

so the actual game is pretty good according to him, so thats good (only bananas really care about scores).

I haven't read Gies' review yet, but if he finds the sexualization off-putting then I don't really see that as a problem. It's something that impacted his enjoyment of the game; same way ultraviolence may impact someone's enjoyment of an otherwise great game.

I may have misread something but literally the only two criticisms I saw were the over-sexualizing of Bayonetta and a contradiction between reviving teammates and scoring points in co-op. Those are worth 2.5 points?

iJVndMvK1krPY.gif

I don't even want to give them click, but how in the world is "over-sexualizing" worth taking any points at all, let alone over 2?

Ibuki

Banned
I can't believe they let him review this game. Oh well, at least it's one review I can pretend doesn't exist.

Fady K

Incredible scores, absolutely stellar!! This may very well be the GOTY for many gaming sites/magazines this year.

Polygon - 7.5
The reviewer doesn't seem to get her character it seems.
Bayonetta's fanservice is one of the few examples where it fits the tone of the game and character without degrading either of it.
MovieBob's I HEART BAYONETTA demonstrates this well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom