• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Time for some anecdotal stuff from me. I thought the metacritic factor didnt exist but last time i visited my local game store there was this guy who was looking for games by checking metacritic on his mobile. I would think people would develop their own taste and can make estimates on what they like and don't like. But guess maybe guy sees a nice box art and decide if the game is any good. But hope people would do this for bayo too. I'd rather see people buying the games they like instead of using these critics as their guide. But i understand a lot of people don't like to dive too deep into reviews and just like to pick up a fun game once in a while.

TBF I used to buy games based on the box art and back of box blurb (of course I mostly bought stuff based on friends recommendations). As flawed as it is in comparison to that Meta Critic doesn't seem that bad. Of course I was child then.

phanphare

Banned
Chrono Cross is one of my favorites JRPGs of all time, I don't know why people don't like it, great story, world and music. I liked it more than Chrono Trigger, I know I'm in the minority. anyway, can anybody explain why Ryu from Shenmue series is included or joining the elite group in gamespot's picture? It didn't get a 10 from gamespot, in fact I remember the game got low score then they changed the score and rated it a bit higher.

it's a place holder for when the 3rd one gets the inevitable 10/10 :)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Internet ads and ads on YouTube. I have yet to see any.

I've actuallyseen the Bayonetta cosplay ad a fair few times on youtube. Until recently most of the web adds were Hyrule warriors now it's Bayonetta and Smash though smash obviously has the larger campaign.

m0t0k1

TBF I used to buy games based on the box art and back of box blurb (of course I mostly bought stuff based on friends recommendations). As flawed as it is in comparison to that Meta Critic doesn't seem that bad. Of course I was child then.

Yeah i used to stick to nintendo and capcom/konami games when i was little so i was always in the clear :p But kids have it better these days way more ways to get the information you need.

Mlatador

Banned
Join us.

Looking good on Amazon.com

Ih2s9W0.png

tumblr_mh3fnbLTkh1r4pa0lo1_500.gif

walkin' straight to da top, like a baws!

hwy_61

Banned
I'm sure this question had been asked to death, but is there any point to getting Bayonetta 1+2 if I already own the first one on 360?

sfried

I'm sure this question had been asked to death, but is there any point to getting Bayonetta 1+2 if I already own the first one on 360?

Well, it won't matter much since:
-The second game comes with the first on for free
-The first one have now been fixed so it no longer suffers from screen tearing
-There's really no point in waiting until it is released individually.

Not on EU, or did I miss something?

hwy_61

Banned

I was gonna get 2 on the eshop.

Would be cool if Nintendo released Bayo 1 on the eshop early. Would rather like to finish that first and then jump into Bayo 2 on launch.

Seik

Banned

The Nintendo costumes, man, the costumes!

it's a place holder for when the 3rd one gets the inevitable 10/10 :)

Platinum Games surprise that they mentioned a few weeks ago in one of the Bayo interviews :p

If Nintendo ever needed an open world game that they could share the funding duties with (as well as being a great fit gameplay wise), it's Sega's Shenmue

The Nintendo costumes, man, the costumes!

Yep
Plus it's cheap ass free!

And I'm sure your Wiiu will be around longer than the 360 if you end up clearing space for the other current gen consoles.

Would be cool if Nintendo released Bayo 1 on the eshop early. Would rather like to finish that first and then jump into Bayo 2 on launch.
I kind of wish that too. But I plan on playing the first game since I haven't played before. I was close to buying PS3 version even if it was a terrible port. I'm glad that I held out until it was officially announced at E3.

Seik

Banned
Platinum Games surprise announcement that they mentioned a fe weeks ago.

If Nintendo ever needed an open world game that they could share the funding duties with (as well as being a great fit gameplay wise), it's Sega's Shenmue

Hahahaha!

Imagine a Platinum-made Shenmue, my guess would be that the series would take quite a turn. :p

That said, a Shenmue action game isn't a bad idea, especially if Platinum is in the mix...

1&2 were for searching Lan Di, investigations, loves and twists...

3rd one is where shits goes down, Ryu gets tired of asking questions, goes mad and make his way toward his long awaited revenge through rage and violence. A change of pace that would be similar to Metal Gear Rising compared to the rest of the series.

phanphare

Banned
I was gonna get 2 on the eshop.

if you buy one on the eshop you get the other one discounted so that they both cost $59.98 together. if memory serves Bayonetta 2 will be $49.99 on the eshop and once you buy it Bayonetta 1 will be discounted to $9.99. I'd just get it to be honest. if you ever feel like replaying it you'd have the definitive version.

hwy_61

Banned
if you buy one on the eshop you get the other one discounted so that they both cost $59.98 together. if memory serves Bayonetta 2 will be $49.99 on the eshop and once you buy it Bayonetta 1 will be discounted to $9.99. I'd just get it to be honest. if you ever feel like replaying it you'd have the definitive version.

Yeah, I didn't know PG was putting extra shit into 1. Thought it was just a straight up port. I'll go with the combo.

BBboy20

vOs2OhE.gif

I still remember that day and how I literally screamed.
I was actually concerned and almost felt "betrayed" at the time with that announcement but slowly got over that when they revealed that the game would not be possible without Nintendo.

Crazy that the WiiU is now more prized then either next-gen console....

Bought a Wii U yesterday for this.
Bayo/Madame Fist Bump Gif

I can't wait for the week of Platinum to begin on Tuesday.
My Schedule Png.

^_^

It never stops.
Nothing Stops This Train Gif.

Yeah, I didn't know PG was putting extra shit into 1. Thought it was just a straight up port. I'll go with the combo.
The Best Value In Gaming (tm)

Sayter

I've actuallyseen the Bayonetta cosplay ad a fair few times on youtube. Until recently most of the web adds were Hyrule warriors now it's Bayonetta and Smash though smash obviously has the larger campaign.

That's great to hear. I watch a lot on YouTube, but haven't seen any. So, I'm glad there is some. I mostly see ads for the new FPS that Kevin Spacey is in.

KHlover

Banned
Almost forgot that Legend of Korra releases tomorrow. Now all I need is a Midweek Madness sale on Metal Gear Rising and this'll make four Platinum games I buy this week *-*

Mr. Doop

Almost forgot that Legend of Korra releases tomorrow. Now all I need is a Midweek Madness sale on Metal Gear Rising and this'll make four Platinum games I buy this week *-*

Oh man, it does? I totally forgot that one was coming out. I'll probably wait a while for it though.

drotahorror

next former sega game nintendo is going to finance.

MEGATON

Imagine the meltdown...

Anyways, are people getting Bayo 2 mad early in the states or somethin? I see people talking about DLing it and whatnot and receiving it already.

I didn't think it came out til Friday, atleast that's what amazon told me :(

AdanVC

Damn @ that Nintendo post about Gamespot. 8 games to have a 10 on that website and Bayonetta 2 is one of them... 8 gaimz! Hope they continue announcing it through the week because that's honestly rad as hell :) I like how those 10/10 games there are simply qualified as "Essential" hah.

I'm glad this game looks to be awesome. Only disheartening thing is that Bayo 1 had essentially the same average score and still sold poorly.

Damn @ that Nintendo post about Gamestop. 8 games to have a 10 on that website and Bayonetta 2 is one of them... 8 gaimz! Hope they continue announcing it through the week because that's honestly rad as hell :) I like how those 10/10 games there are simply qualified as "Essential" hah.

IMO essential is about the highest praise you can give something without sounding like PR.

Famassu

And similarly, if I never played the first, I assume it is well worth-playing first, even if everyone will be discussing the new hotness?

Or is play-order (IE story) moot in this series?
I'd say playing Bayonetta 1 first is better for making the prologue of Bayo 2 be that much more impactful. If you start right from Bayo 2, you won't know or care much for the characters and what happens won't be quite as VaderNOOOOOOO.gif. Not that the story is all that important or the characters super well written, but I still like both Bayo & Jeanne as characters & their relationship and what they do to Jeanne at the prologue of Bayo 2 is just ;__;

Blizzard

Banned
You don't even need to cancel, just change shipping to two-day (even though it already is) and it will update to release day.
THANK YOU! Mine was saying the 28th as well, and just clicking change shipment method -> confirm the current 2-day shipping switched it to the 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom