• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred

I wonder if Nintendo are planning on having a bundle available..?

If they announced it before release and advertised it with an accolades trailer it should shift a few consoles I reckon. Maybe include a Pro controller in the bundle too.

Exile20

So
I'm going to tentatively take the Bayonetta 2 OT, but of course I am open to collaboration :)

Bayonetta 2 by Nemesis_ (September 14th 2012)

is doing the OT but he made that post in 2012. I hope he remembered. The game is launching on Friday.

Since it's my first OT I just want to double check I have everything necessary for the Bayonetta 1 Wii U port. So far I have:

• Characters
  • Combat (with a sub-header for weapons. But not all weapons will be shown due to spoilers)
  • Story
  • General Information (Release dates, an introduction to the game and quality of the port)
  • Media (images, gifs, videos and blogs. Screenshots will either be screens I've taken if I happen to get an early copy. If not they'll be from Japanese Miiverse)
  • Reviews (specifically reviews of the Wii U port and not the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions although I may include a link to the PS3/36 Metacritic pages should anyone want them)
  • Wii U exclusive features

Is there anything else I'm missing? I'm also thinking of including a link to the Bayonetta 2 OT as well so that people can find it after they're done with playing the first game. The OT will be up late on Thursday in UK time so that'll be early-mid afternoon in the US and early Friday in AUS.

is doing Bayonetta 1.

oh yeah. that would be good.

don't those type of accolade commercials typically air after the game is already out?

We usually get reviews the day before the game releases, but since we got the reviews 2 weeks early, Nintendo's marketing got an early start.

They obviously had faith in the game to release the embargo that early.

Richie

Posted yet? NoA's PR!

REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Over the top. Breathtaking. Out of control. Stylish. Critically acclaimed. Any of these words can be used to describe the Bayonetta 2 game, the latest action classic from PlatinumGames, launching exclusively for the Wii U console on Oct. 24. Fans of the original Bayonetta game know that the series delivers some of the most intense action, massive set pieces, gorgeous graphics and slick controls of any video game series out there. With Bayonetta 2, everything is taken to the next level. Main character Bayonetta is more powerful than ever, using wild new moves and weapons in various single- and multiplayer modes to take down both angels and demons in a thrilling quest to save a friend from eternal damnation. Just another day in the life of the Umbra Witch herself.

“The action-game geniuses at PlatinumGames have done it again. Bayonetta 2 is the kind of exclusive game that fans are going to devour like Halloween candy,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “With its challenging but rewarding game play and over-the-top content, Bayonetta 2 proves the depth and diversity of the library of games that can only be played on Wii U.”

With her magic-imbued hair, chic glasses and gun-toting high heels, Bayonetta is one of the most original characters in video games. She doesn’t just sit back and wait to be rescued. In Bayonetta 2, players take control of this damsel-that-causes-distress and slash, shoot and guillotine through multiple levels that find our heroine going head-to-head with a towering enemy while flying outside a skyscraper, slicing through an army on the back of a speeding train or confronting an angel while standing on the wing of a fighter jet, among other magnificent set pieces. By performing well in battles, players earn medals that reflect their performance, ranging from the room-for-improvement Stone medal to the perfect Pure Platinum.

For the first time in the series, players who want to take on battles with a friend can team up with another player in Tag Climax. In this online co-op mode, players with a broadband Internet connection destroy legions of enemies together, playing as a variety of characters from the game. As players journey through the main story mode, they will unlock Verse Cards that can be used to unlock additional stages in Tag Climax.

Anyone who purchases Bayonetta 2 in retail stores at a suggested retail price of $59.99 will also get the definitive version of the original Bayonetta game at no additional cost, with an additional disc right in the box. When buying the digital version of either game in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, an automatic discount will be applied to the purchase of the other game, making the total for both games just $59.98.

Both the original Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 games include in-game costumes that will be a treat for any Nintendo fan. Bayonetta can wear exclusive costumes modeled after fan-favorite Nintendo characters such as Princess Peach, Samus Aran and Link. These amazing outfits aren’t just for looks, either. When wearing these costumes, the game changes in fun and unexpected ways. For example, while wearing the Princess Peach costume, Bayonetta summons Bowser’s hands and feet instead of infernal demons. Dressed as Link? Listen for a familiar chime after Bayonetta solves a puzzle.

The packaged and Nintendo eShop versions of Bayonetta 2 (with the original Bayonetta) will be available on Oct. 24. For players who want to take the game for a spin, a free demo for Bayonetta 2 can be downloaded in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. For more information about the game, visit http://bayonetta2.nintendo.com.

Seik

Banned
I'm glad to see the critics loving the game and Nintendo doing actual efforts to promote the game. Wonderful 101 didn't have that chance.

At least, even if it bombs in the end, Nintendo will be aware that it isn't because of the game's quality. Platinum pulling a high-ranker like this may give more chances to more collaborations between Nintendo and Platinum, well, I hope so. :p

antitrop

So

is doing the OT but he made that post in 2012. I hope he remembered. The game is launching on Friday.

He remembered.

0bJjIp8.png

Can't post it until Friday, though. He lives in Australia, so a wee bit earlier. ;)

Ok, so I have my wii U coming in on Wednesday and bayo 2 preordered for friday. I see some people getting wii u pro controllers for this. Is it recommended? I plan on getting a pro controller at some point anyways, but kinda wanted to wait a little. Actually, who am I kidding I'll probably end up buying one anyway lol.

Pretty hyped for this now, really glad I waited on playing the first bayonetta. Now I get to enjoy the best version out there for the first time ;). Ready for some stylish Platinum quality action.

Drago

Put a preorder in on Amazon today with Two Day shipping, should I expect the game on Friday or Saturday (or later)? I usually don't order games at launch on Amazon so I don't really know how the shipping is, and there's no estimate either. Sorry for what will probably sound like a stupid question, hehe.

Also very glad about each game getting it's own tray. Now I just need someone to whip up a nice and official looking custom cover for Bayo 1 :D

Sayter

Ok, so I have my wii U coming in on Wednesday and bayo 2 preordered for friday. I see some people getting wii u pro controllers for this. Is it recommended? I plan on getting a pro controller at some point anyways, but kinda wanted to wait a little. Actually, who am I kidding I'll probably end up buying one anyway lol.

Pretty hyped for this now, really glad I waited on playing the first bayonetta. Now I get to enjoy the best version out there for the first time ;). Ready for some stylish Platinum quality action.

The gamepad will be fine for Bayonetta. However, I would go ahead and pull the trigger on getting a Pro Controller. It works very well with most Wii U games, and it's one of te best controllers available on any console out right now.

wiibomb

Even if I like the way they place the discs, by this I mean NOT stacked, I want Bayo 1 to have it's own custom case.

I asked about this before but didn't get an answer...anybody made a North American custom case yet?

It just deserves its own case. :
P

I really want this too considering that this game totally deserves it

walnuts

Nintendo Official Magazine (SPAIN)

Bayonetta 1: 93
(http://i.imgur.com/lryzH1I.jpg)

Bayonetta 2: 95
(http://i.imgur.com/LH0tUGj.jpg)

I wouldn't consider the reviews from Nintendo magazines, in the end they want you to buy Nintendo games and games at Nintendo consoles. Better to take other magazines and websites as relevant.

I really got surprised with Meristation and Vandal. Journalists and registered users in both sites are extreme sonyfans.

Belfast

Argh! Target had it out today, but the computer wouldn't let them sell it. Worth a shot, though! Stupid Nintendo and their weird release dates!

I just knew it would be linked to an awesome website! Thanks!

No, thank you.

The site is awesome.

I was feeling lazy so when I came across the artwork which was linked to a random tumblr, I didn't dig any further to find out where it originated from.

Since you asked where it came from, I had the motivation to put on my detectiveGAF badge and actually find the original source/artist.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
So, is there anyone else who is purchasing both a digital and physical copy?

Reading through the Bayo 2 announcement thread. It feels wild to go back that far, when the nearly impossible happened and hilarity (and angry port-begging) ensued.

Compared back then to what we know now, and to be able to play it in just a few days....
Amazing.

Part of me hopes the thread will be added to the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom