• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Are you ready boys?
ij2OUpBaiEAVA.png

Kiru

Wow. I just a got a mail from alternate.de that my First Print Edition is ready to be picked up... Like I said, there is a "small chance" we will still get one there. :D

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread!

Porcile

This is hands down the best quote from the entire thread:

If I was a mod I wouldn't have banned him just for the comedy value of the post lmfao

Whoever is doing the OT for Bayonetta 2 has to include some of the Nerd Rage posts from that thread, some of them are hilarious lololol

Even though that thread is indeed filled with actual rage, that particular post is an old GAF joke, I think from either the Dragon Quest 9 reveal or Final Fantasy XIII on 360 thread. I remember it because I lurked the forum way back then. People just reconstitute the original post with different companies and games.

Kiru

Even though that thread is indeed filled with actual rage, that particular post is an old GAF joke, I think from either the Dragon Quest 9 reveal or Final Fantasy XIII on 360 thread. I remember it because I lurked the forum way back then. People just reconstitute the original post with different companies and games.

Final Fantasy XIII on 360. Indeed it is just a running gag after that incident happened.

This is hands down the best quote from the entire thread:

If I was a mod I wouldn't have banned him just for the comedy value of the post lmfao

Whoever is doing the OT for Bayonetta 2 has to include some of the Nerd Rage posts from that thread, some of them are hilarious lololol
that poster was not serious, That's a recycled quote from the FFXIII 360 announcement. And really the whole port begging thing is tired. It should be left out if the OT

pls god no

we had TWO FUCKIN YEARS of port begging and nerd rage overtaking any actual discussion of the game...can we just talk about the fuckin' game in the OT, can we not encourage any more of that. No snarky "only on Wii U :3" header, no "wall of shame", none of that shit

Christ

This. Sadly, that's where I fear it'll end up anyway at some point :(. But let's at least start into the OT with high spirits.

Are you ready boys?
ij2OUpBaiEAVA.png

Ready! Got my preorder, hopefully shipping tomorrow.

Am I the only person who prefers the NA box over the "fixed" standalone EU box?

I find NA's more eye catching and as I said before; the red 2 to me is in reference to Bayo 1's inclusion which the standalone box wouldn't need.

I can't imagine how some of you who have already played Bayonetta 1 can manage to do it again before getting to the new shit. You guys have way more patience than me. As for you who are playing it for the first time I'm actually envious you've got two amazing games to look forward to.

ChuyMasta

Damn it, I'm still not done with Hyrule Warriors!
Ohh well, I'll download this Friday midnight and play it during thanksgiving break.

I find NA's more eye catching and as I said before; the red 2 to me is in reference to Bayo 1's inclusion which the standalone box wouldn't need.

I tend to agree. Sorry Kamiya, but I think the new design changes were for the better.

idwl

How big is the file size for bayonetta 1 ? I know 2 is around 17.
I wish Nintendo would allow preloading cause if I get this on the store its gonna take at least half a day to download on my connection

Yulaw

Neo Member

What is the yellow stuff beneath her supposed to be though?

I can't imagine how some of you who have already played Bayonetta 1 can manage to do it again before getting to the new shit. You guys have way more patience than me. As for you who are playing it for the first time I'm actually envious you've got two amazing games to look forward to.

Gonna play the first game again, but with the new nintendo themed costumes.

That way I can play Bayo2 with the regular outfit without the need too that way I can immersive myself into the crazy

antitrop

My refurbished Wii U from Nintendo arrives exactly on Friday. I ordered it last Friday, so that's some convenient-ass timing. Yay =D

I still have to pick up a Pro Controller, too.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

If I was getting Bayonetta 2 and wii u upon it's release I wouldn't play Bayonetta 1 first, The thing with Bayonetta is that you can't get straight into it or even really close from where you left off. I personally prefer playing with Jeanne with a certain accessory combo and outfit etc, to even play around with half of that you'd have to play the game more than a fair bit. So I'd rather just jump straight into Bayonetta 2.

I find NoA's obsession with gold/yellow to be quite abhorrent, tbh. I'm glad NoE doesn't see the need to mess around with ruin the OG Japanese box art.

Seik

Banned
I'm fucking poisoned.

Can't think of anything else...I tried playing TEW yesterday and cleared a chapter, but the hype wasn't there. I'm legit action-hungry.

Want to play Bayo on 360, but that would just ruin everything.

Friday is so, SO soon. D:

atr0cious

Derp. How could I not have seen that.. Must be the lack of sleep creeping up on me.
The perspective is really shit under her, terrible magnification photoshop it seems.The moon is somehow shaped like an egg. I thought it as an explosion for the longest.

antitrop

I'm fucking poisoned.

Can't think of anything else...I tried playing TEW yesterday and cleared a chapter, but the hype wasn't there. I'm legit action-hungry.

Want to play Bayo on 360, but that would just ruin everything.

Friday is so, SO soon. D:

Evil Within will satisfy your action craving once you get to Chapter 12. The game turns into Resident Evil 6.

I'm going to plow through the last few chapters of it tonight so I can focus on Bayonetta.

Seik

Banned
Evil Within will satisfy your action craving once you get to Chapter 12. The game turns into Resident Evil 6.

I'm going to plow through the last few chapters of it tonight so I can focus on Bayonetta.

I wanted to be done with it before Friday, just like you.

I'll give it another shot, tonight. Though I don't think I'll reach my goal with the limited free-time frame I have for the coming days and I only just reached chapter 6. D:

Well would you look at what I found lying on the floor in a local Media Markt in Vienna.
Lucky for me that Austria hates the WiiU:

dsc_15414xlog.jpg

Btw, the normal edition is also still there if anyone wants that (i guess without Bayo1) it's Media Markt Lugner City for those interested.

NotLiquid

Nah. The yellow moon makes the box-art way too busy. The logo looks way too sterile when placed on top of it. The western one also looks better when placed next to the Bayonetta 1 box-art, both the Japanese and western one.

Also the 2 looks hideously ugly on the NoA one. It doesn't "fit" with the color scheme and looks out of place, even if you want to argue that it implies anything about the contents of the package (which it doesn't really and it looks even worse with that horrid sticker).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom